Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Wren turbines uk ltd - important notice

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Wren turbines uk ltd - important notice

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2015, 03:34 AM
jetmanuk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wren turbines uk ltd - important notice

DO NOT UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES ORDER ANYTHING FROM WREN TURBINES UK LTD.

You will lose your money or a portion of it. Be warned.

[h=1]Meetings of Creditors[/h][h=3]WREN TURBINES LIMITED[/h](Company Number 03879699)
Registered office: Unit 1, Mitchells Enterprise Centre, Bradberry Balk Lane, Wombwell, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 8HR
Principal trading address: Unit 1, Mitchells Enterprise Centre, Bradberry Balk Lane, Wombwell, Barnsley, South Yorkshire, S73 8HR

Notice is hereby given, pursuant to Section 98 of the Insolvency Act 1986 that a meeting of the creditors of the above-named Company will be held at 26 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3HP on 20 August 2015 at 3.15 pm for the purposes provided for in Sections 99 to 101 of the said Act. Resolutions to be considered at the meeting may include a resolution specifying the terms on which the liquidator is to be remunerated. The meeting may receive information about, or be called upon to approve, the costs of preparing the statement of affairs and convening the meeting. A creditors’ guide to liquidators’ fees in a liquidation and this firm’s charging and disbursements policy can be found on our website www.mw-w.com by clicking on creditor information and then fees and costs or a copy can be requested from this office. Creditors wishing to vote at the Meeting must lodge their proxy, together with a proof of debt or a full statement of account at the offices ofMcTear Williams & Wood, Townshend House, Crown Road, Norwich, NR1 3DT. The proxy form must be lodged not later than 12.00 noon on 19 August 2015 and the proof of debt can be lodged at any time up to the commencement of the meeting.

Notice is further given that Andrew McTear (IP No 007242), of McTear Williams & Wood, Townshend House, Crown Road, Norwich NR1 3DT, will make available a list of the names and addresses of the company’s creditors which may be inspected, free of charge, at the offices of McTear Williams & Wood, 26 Bedford Square, London, WC1B 3HP, between 10.00 am and 4.00 pm on the two business days preceding the date of the meeting.

Enquiries should be sent to McTear Williams & Wood, Townshend House, Crown Road, Norwich NR1 3DT, Email: [email protected], Tel: 01603 877540,Fax: 01603 877549.

Michael Murphy, Director
15 July 2015

SOURCE: https://www.thegazette.co.uk/notice/2380997
Old 08-09-2015, 06:06 AM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am not certain about the reason for this notice and have an Email to Wren regarding it's purpose. My suspicion is that this is related to the closing of Wren USA. I currently have an order in place for a Wren 44i Turbo Prop and was, as recently as 8/6/2015, insured by Wren that my order is safe and will be delivered as promised. Time will tell so don't kick the kid out of the boat yet.

Last edited by Square Nozzle; 08-09-2015 at 06:16 AM.
Old 08-09-2015, 07:11 AM
jetmanuk

It has absolutely nothing to do with Wren USA and Ron Ballard Retiring.

Wren Turbines Ltd, the UK company is in simple terms Bust, Broke...what ever you want to call it.

If you have indeed ordered an engine from them recently and paid for it (hopefully by credit card or paypal), may I suggest you contact either the credit card company or paypal explain the situation with Wren Turbines and their liquidation and ask about a reversal/refund.

Or you could if you wish sit with your fingers crossed and hope the engine gets delivered.

Wren Turbines and its directors may well have committed a criminal offence by accepting an order from you and taking payment knowing full well the company was insolvent. This is something the Insolvency Practioner (Andrew McTear (IP No 007242), of McTear Williams & Wood) will look for as its his job to file a report with Companies House here in the UK.
Old 08-09-2015, 12:17 PM
Square Nozzle
My Feedback: (1)

Al, my sources tell me that this issue with WREN UK is related to WREN USA. You will all learn more on 8/10. Nuff said! I'm outa here.
Old 08-10-2015, 01:48 PM
The Bush

Jetmanuk what axe have you to grind ? research the supposed rules as much as you like.

I don't think you have a grasp on how business can turn bad through no fault of your own,
Most companies that go into liquidation is because of circumstances out of there control and no fault of their own.

Ie none payment by a major customer or let down by a major customer (gov / educational dept etc) because of a change of plan etc. Shareholders want out ( due to retirement or disagreement etc)

Lets all jump on the band wagon and kick them while they are down why not !!!! ---- normal crap that those that don't have a clue join in on !!!!!

I have always had excellent service from Wren and hope they can move on and be successful and wish them all the best.

Last edited by The Bush; 08-11-2015 at 09:33 AM.
Old 08-10-2015, 03:15 PM
r500d

the bush well said +1,wren turbines,super people
Old 08-24-2015, 05:54 PM
sauntson

Originally Posted by r500d

here here
Old 08-25-2015, 03:48 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by r500d

Good people go bakrupt too, and they typically follow legal advise which can takeover any "good people" precedent...... doesn't mean they are bad people now, but when a business goes under for legit reasons all parties lose.

I would not expect anything from Wren if its true they went bankrupt. The advise to claim to your credit card company or Paypal is very wise. If you paid cash, you may as well file a claim against the liquidator.....but do know you are last in line after all other primary creditors.