Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Jet tronics brake valve set up

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Jet tronics brake valve set up

Search this Thread

Old 10-12-2015, 06:06 PM
robtv

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Jet tronics brake valve set up

Quick questions guys puting the final touches on my first Jet and have realise that a 9 channel radio sometimes does not work well i have a dilema it will be the Cortex gyro goes or the Brake and i think it will be the cortex i have Elevator connected with the brake on a Y but losing all of its air due to the gyro and elevator movement using jet tronics brake valve or JR9503 radio any ideas

i also want to thank Kristopher with kightech turbine for taking a few hours of his busy saturday to go over my plane.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:12 PM
lxfly

Originally Posted by robtv
i have Elevator connected with the brake on a Y but losing all of its air due to the gyro and elevator movement using jet tronics brake valve or JR9503 radio any ideas
Use a mixer from elevator to brake and disable mixer when gear is up. the mixer should be programmed asymmetrically from neutral to full elevator down.
Idea: now the gyro may still influence the brake when gear is down; you may try to program an offset of 10% in the mixer to minimize the influence just around the neutral.
Old 10-13-2015, 03:33 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Rob glad I could help.

Do not remove the gyro make it work somehow with it. A mix like Rene suggested should work fine.
Old 10-13-2015, 04:17 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Quick questions guys puting the final touches on my first Jet and have realise that a 9 channel radio sometimes does not work well i have a dilema it will be the Cortex gyro goes or the Brake and i think it will be the cortex i have Elevator connected with the brake on a Y but losing all of its air due to the gyro and elevator movement using jet tronics brake valve or JR9503 radio any ideas

i also want to thank Kristopher with kightech turbine for taking a few hours of his busy saturday to go over my plane.
I'm assuming you have the brakes on a Y harness because 9 channels isn't enough to have all your control surfaces on separate channels and also have separate channels for brakes and gain for the Cortex ?
If that is the case, it sounds like you will need to either remove the Cortex (Brakes aren't considered optional to fly at any AMA event or field) or else use a Matchbox or similar for your flaps to free up a channel for brakes.
Then you can mix elevator to brakes and have the mix enabled only when the gear is extended as has already been suggested. Since the gyro feeds nothing back to the transmitter it will have no affect on the brakes

Wayne
Old 10-13-2015, 08:09 AM
robtv

I have put ail on a y to open up a channel but it causing voltage drop on one of the servos and making it center will a Jr match box regulate the voltage to the servos maybe that would take care of my problem.
Old 10-13-2015, 08:39 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

I have put ail on a y to open up a channel but it causing voltage drop on one of the servos and making it center will a Jr match box regulate the voltage to the servos maybe that would take care of my problem.
No, the Matchbox does not regulate its output voltage - it simply provides whatever power source it has to the servos. You can however, provide the Matchbox with its own power source (that it will then send to the servos) instead of it taking power from the receiver...

A mix as suggested above doesn't really help you I believe because a mix requires a separate channel for the brakes too.

Shouldn't 9 channels be enough?

Aileron
Elevator
Throttle
Rudder
Gear
Flaps
Brakes
Gyro

What are we missing?

Bob
Old 10-13-2015, 08:49 AM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Bob,
I can only imagine he is separating surfaces and running out of channels.

What airplane and what is your radio set-up (servos to what channel/s)?

One or two matchboxes should alleviate any issues. If adding a "Y" is causing a big enough voltage drop to notice, something does not sound right. What kind of Y are you using?
Old 10-13-2015, 10:00 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Sounds like inadequate power to start with (e.g. running all the servos thru the Rxer buss.) Maybe needs to look at a more effective power distribution system.
Old 10-13-2015, 10:06 AM
gunradd

Your right George. Hes one channel short so a mix will not help. I tried to help him over the weekend and it was all working great. Not sure what is causing the jitters on the ailerons. It was fine on Saturday. I had a Y on my rudders on the F22 with 496 flights no problems.

The plane is a xcaliber. He did a great job building it very clean install. Rob what servos are on the ailerons?

Originally Posted by George
Bob,
I can only imagine he is separating surfaces and running out of channels.

What airplane and what is your radio set-up (servos to what channel/s)?

One or two matchboxes should alleviate any issues. If adding a "Y" is causing a big enough voltage drop to notice, something does not sound right. What kind of Y are you using?
Old 10-13-2015, 11:54 AM
robtv

I'm using Savox Sa-1231sg
Old 10-13-2015, 12:07 PM
robtv

Is only on one servo and it's not a jitters it's looks like is just centering it self
remove the Y and works all the time I'm using AR9110 and using 2 spectrum
4000mah 6.6 life
Old 10-13-2015, 01:13 PM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Is this just a straight Y harness or an amplified Y harness ? If it's an amplified Y harness with some active circuitry, most Spektrum receiver manuals state not to use amplified Y harnesses.
If it's a regular Y harness then make certain that a pin isn't partially backed out or some other defect that would prevent it from making a good electrical connection.

Last edited by wfield0455; 10-13-2015 at 01:41 PM.
Old 10-13-2015, 01:34 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Use the Behotec all in one retract/brake valve (1 channel) from the C-36/2 Flash set up. 75% of Xcalibur's flying here, inc all of mine are set up with one
I mix down ele to gear for the extra movement-brake

Dave
Old 10-17-2015, 04:12 PM
robtv

Thank u guys for the help
I went with Jr matchbox for rudder and nose steering and eliminated the Y on the ailerons and opened up the channel 3 for brakes everything looks good will do a range test tomorrow again thanks for the help.
Old 10-17-2015, 07:16 PM
gunradd

Thank u guys for the help
I went with Jr matchbox for rudder and nose steering and eliminated the Y on the ailerons and opened up the channel 3 for brakes everything looks good will do a range test tomorrow again thanks for the help.

Thats great Rob!!!