Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Ordering From Global Jet Club experience? >

Ordering From Global Jet Club experience?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ordering From Global Jet Club experience?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2016, 12:40 PM
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Alkaline
Has anyone ordered form Global Jet Club for Jet Legend products? How was your experience? Recently I placed an order back in September for the Jet Legend Yak 130 1:4 scale and paid a 50% deposit. I was given a 16 week estimate delivery via container; just as a buffer it was also agreed that it would be no later than 20 weeks. Based on my order the estimated delivery date would have been January 15th 2016 to February 15th 2016.

Well all did not go as planned and Jose from Global Jet club contacted last week and said they are going to cancel my order and issue me a refund because Jet Legend hasn't even started work on the airframe and they have no idea when it will be shipped; I asked if they needed more time say, Mid to late March, but now they don't even they can hit this with Chinese New Year coming.

So now I'm getting a refund and I'm disappointed because I have these matched J.C. cheetah power pack turbines that purchased in anticipation of the yak. I suppose its better than keeping funds while you wait indefinitely but do the estimate time lines mean anything? If not why even give a time line at all?

After this I think Chief and Skymaster are the only game in town, used to be CARF but they don't keep anything in the U.S. any more either.
Hi Ashan,

I understand your frustration and that's the reason I kept you up to date and was very honest with you. We did see a lot of delays with you order and as per your request of additional discounts due to the delay or even canceling and us Global not really having a hard lead time time for you and also the delays coming up with the Chinese New Years is the reason why we had to cancel this order. Unfortunately when we as customers order these jets and they have to be done by the factories delays do happen and then on top of the normal delays that a factory may have most of us do select the container shipping which as we know is the slowest way to get anything delivered. Once we had a container stuck in the port of LA for over 1 1/2 months and we could nothing about because of the labor strikes from the port workers.

Becuase se of all these delays and not being able to really give an actual date for you especially since yours Yak order was to be ship via the container as well as you did tell us if it was not delivered by a certain time that you would cancel the order and also asked for additional discounts that we could just not do is the reason why Mike thought it would be best to just go ahead and cancel this order which I did agree with him.

With Global Jet Club we will not just take someone's money as well as we will be honest with any delays that may happen. Your refund is being processed and you should have it shortly.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:31 PM
My Feedback: (76)

Jose,

Remember when I first spoke to you when I placed the order and you said it will definitely be here in 12-16 weeks, I said I know how these things go, just get it to me in 20 weeks, you said it was fine. After you told me about the delay, I said OK how about end of March and if Jet Legend would give a discount for the delay. You said that would be fine, then I got an email saying you guys are canceling the order. I had no say in this decision I would have been willing to wait say even end of April (bring total time to 32 weeks for delivery).

Seems here the problem is with jet legend, if they can't get there act together then it makes you guys look bad... I was not concerned about the refund because email and phone conversations were good.

I'm just disappointed in how this turned out is all, I have to try to sell my cheetahs and deal with low ballers lol...

Hope you guys get your Jet legend issues fixed, keep me in mind if you do indeed eventually get them in stock.

Last edited by DiscoWings; 01-05-2016 at 06:40 PM.
Old 01-05-2016, 06:34 PM

On a side note, this seems to be a problem for more than just jet legend, reading the forums seems like people have had up to 8 month waits with Asian air frames.
Old 01-05-2016, 11:30 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hi,

I'm sure I'll get flamed for this, but my one-and-only experience actually ordering from GJC was quite negative. Wouldn't do it again after that.
Old 01-06-2016, 03:49 AM
My Feedback: (67)

Received 27 Likes on 15 Posts

You taught us a lesson, so we are now more selective of whom we are dealing with. You ordered a F4 with 50% deposit via a credit card. It's late delivery so you canceled the order and got your money back, We got stuck with a custom ordered F4, and credit card charge. Jose later sold it to another customer, just at the same time you want to buy it again. We got the payment from the other customer first so we had to sell the F4 to this paid customer. I offered you a list of what's available in our irvine warehouse as an option. Sorry that our first deal got it that way. Mike.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:15 AM

Mike,

I'd call that account self-serving and selective at best. I remember it a little differently:

When I placed the order, I made it clear that I wasn't interested in being taken for the type of ride that some of the less 'reputable' outfits were becoming notorious for--specifically taking the money and then stringing people along for two or three times the quoted wait. Only after up-and-down assurances, I placed the order then waited. And waited. The stories and excuses were as creative as they were plentiful. I cancelled the order only AFTER I contacted FB directly and found out that I was being lied to by GJC. You offered me the $500+ DHL shipping (which I declined) or the slower sea-based shipping (which you said would take a month). You guys had been telling me for weeks and weeks about this type of delay and that type of delay and it was in the mail, on the boat, on the train, on Santa's sleigh, etc. What I found out when I contacted FB was that the plane was still sitting there, collecting dust and waiting for the container to fill up. After a lengthy exchange with them, it was crystal clear that you guys had been BS'ing me about all of the delays.

Only after I confronted you guys with the details I got from FB did you come clean about the fact that the plane was still in China. I requested to cancel the order (just like I told you I would at the very beginning should the deal go this way), but didn't hear back from you once I did that--so I did it through my CC company. AFTER I reached out to you directly to debrief on the whole experience (since I'd been dealing mostly with Jose), you told me the plane had finally arrived state-side and that you'd sweeten the deal further with some extras if I went ahead and bought it. I agreed to, then began to wait again. Somewhere in the meantime, you guys sold it to someone else because you were selling it without the extras and discounts. You offered to give me a discount on some other planes you had sitting around and I told you I was unlikely to buy from you again.

Yeah, there was definitely a lesson taught here. I've known and flown with more than a few people who were unhappy with their dealings with you, but were reluctant to be open about it because of the clubhouse mentality. Other guys--guys with impeccable reputations in this hobby for years and years--advised me not to do business with you. Every negative aspect of that deal was avoidable--if only your people would have been truthful. I'm patient enough when I'm not being BS'd left and right. For me, the lesson was do business with people who are impeccable with their word. You've built up a good base of customers (and apologists) because you're smart enough to have a presence at the events and have a lot of face-to-face interaction and that's great. You've also got plenty of people out there who wouldn't do business with you a second time.
Old 01-06-2016, 12:00 PM

Shaun

This is why I said we learned from this deal with you. The container shipping only takes about 1 month, but the container needs to wait for other kits from other factories. That's very difficult to coordinate if one of them have a delay in delivery, which is very common statistically. The shipping is handled by our team in China so we can only get information as accurate from them in a very fluid situation. When you reported your problem to me, I had offered you several options including refund, but in the meanwhile other sales rep had sold it first to another customer. we understand you would rather pay $50 or $100 for ground shipping than paying $500 by air and wait a little longer. The only way we can do that is to ship a container fully loaded with not just a kit, This makes slow boat shipping more unpredictable, so now we can't promise people it would get delivered in just 1 month if they decide to choose the free ocean shipment and cheaper local ground delivery. And we offer refund proactively if it's behind the tolerable delivery time that each party agrees upon.

I am sure we can't 100% satisfy any customers due to many situations. There are some customers that had taken advantages of us over the years and then turned around saying negative things about us. There are always two sides of a coin. That's ok, it's just part of doing business. Most importantly, we didn't take your money as we couldn't satisfy you due to the delays and our internal coordination of staff in multiple locations. I'm sure there are other dealers that can meet your needs and serve you better.

Regards.

Mike
Old 01-06-2016, 04:31 PM

I can't comment on Shaun's situation, but when I ordered Jose told me that you have 3 business that import massive of amount of merchandise form China and that 3 containers leave every month from China. So putting into a container is no problem as it could hitch a ride on any your containers.

Now obviously my situation was different as Jet Legend never even started to work on the aircraft, but I think the CRUX of the problem is the time lines being provided to the customer are way way off, it should be straight from the start, if you order via container it could take up to a year to delivery and if you order via air it could be 6-8 months. May sound shocking but at least buyers will know what to expect.
Old 01-06-2016, 04:58 PM
My Feedback: (48)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

People actually expect their jet to arrive before their check arrives. True story.
Scott
Old 01-06-2016, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Shaun

This is why I said we learned from this deal with you. The container shipping only takes about 1 month, but the container needs to wait for other kits from other factories. That's very difficult to coordinate if one of them have a delay in delivery, which is very common statistically. The shipping is handled by our team in China so we can only get information as accurate from them in a very fluid situation. When you reported your problem to me, I had offered you several options including refund, but in the meanwhile other sales rep had sold it first to another customer. we understand you would rather pay $50 or $100 for ground shipping than paying $500 by air and wait a little longer. The only way we can do that is to ship a container fully loaded with not just a kit, This makes slow boat shipping more unpredictable, so now we can't promise people it would get delivered in just 1 month if they decide to choose the free ocean shipment and cheaper local ground delivery. And we offer refund proactively if it's behind the tolerable delivery time that each party agrees upon.

I am sure we can't 100% satisfy any customers due to many situations. There are some customers that had taken advantages of us over the years and then turned around saying negative things about us. There are always two sides of a coin. That's ok, it's just part of doing business. Most importantly, we didn't take your money as we couldn't satisfy you due to the delays and our internal coordination of staff in multiple locations. I'm sure there are other dealers that can meet your needs and serve you better.

Regards.

Mike
Mike,

Sorry if I misread. I thought you said you learned who to do business with. Perhaps I took your meaning wrong.....

No reasonable person would hold you responsible for every little quirk or unforeseen occurrence. I certainly didn't. I have to say, though, that I'm savvy enough (and experienced in this business enough) to know what's what. Before I assumed anything, I did my due diligence and asked all the involved parties before I arrived at the conclusions I reached. What you're saying now is what we ultimately ended up with--but not at all part of the plethora of tales I was told along the way. Had you guys just been straight with me that my plane would sit for however long it took to fill up the container, then I'd have probably sprung for the air shipment. Even halfway through the wait, I might have made that choice had I known what the real deal was. I didn't reach out to FB directly or my credit card company directly because I was getting answers from you guys. Between the story you were telling and the one Jose was telling, it was clear to me that the plane was sold to someone else because the someone else wasn't getting the deal I was getting and the dollars and cents of it won the day. Even that wasn't an outrageous idea except for all the double-talk.

When I was dealing planes, I always made sure to give my customers the straightest information available to me and let them make their buying choice based upon accurate info. If they pulled the trigger, great. If they didn't, then at least I never had to worry that they'd pick up the phone and find out the fine print from someone else.

I don't want to go back and forth with you on here, but please keep in mind how long ago this was and how long I kept this to myself. If I was itching to unfairly badmouth you, I'd have done it when the sores were fresh. Someone asked the question and I answered.
Old 01-06-2016, 06:22 PM

Alkaline.
We ship products out from Northern and Southern ports depending on the type of products. Normally we can piggy bag jet kits in some containers, but some containers contains medical products and require special permits to be bundled with other non-medical products or it would get stuck in FDA inspection. In Shuan's case, it took 4 months to get the jet. Statistically, we can get 60-70% of jets made by factories within 4-6 weeks if all confirmations are done correctly. Some unique jets, may take up to 3-4 months. If Chinese Holiday is involved, then add another 1.5 months on the safe side. Right now, we have a customer for a F-15E, and it's ready to ship in 3 weeks but he wants to make some changes to the paint schemes, so he's ok to get it done late. I think it's now on the 4th week. Each factory also has different priorities depending on when we get the order.

Also our internal problem can be an issue. We have been criticized being too bureaucratic as we have a team handling different tasks. Each person handles different tasks, from sales, accounting, shipping etc. When there is a change, this system can be slow to respond. It's very different than doing business with an one man company. One good thing about our system is that we have better structures financially and managerially to handle transaction and provide better protection to customers dealing with us. We refund you the money because we can see a problem that will escalate into a mess later on. It's better we straight it out then we can offer you a jet later when it's in our warehouse. With 55 different types of models and 3 to 5 different paint schemes from several factories, it's impossible for us to keep all of them in the inventory. Special order is not just a pack and ship situation where we can guarantee the delivery time.

I have a L15 that's made already and waiting to be shipped along with a container of Xcalibur that the other factory promised to finish by the end of this month. L15 is similar to Yak130 in size. If you are interested in that, I can offer this to you. it's built with 2 T12 engines all ready to go. I can remove the engine if you wish to instal different engines on it. Email me if you are interested in this option.

Regards,

Mike
Old 01-06-2016, 06:25 PM

Originally Posted by jetpilot
People actually expect their jet to arrive before their check arrives. True story.
Scott
Welcome to the sales side of equation.
Old 01-06-2016, 07:14 PM

Originally Posted by mikedenilin
Alkaline.
We ship products out from Northern and Southern ports depending on the type of products. Normally we can piggy bag jet kits in some containers, but some containers contains medical products and require special permits to be bundled with other non-medical products or it would get stuck in FDA inspection. In Shuan's case, it took 4 months to get the jet. Statistically, we can get 60-70% of jets made by factories within 4-6 weeks if all confirmations are done correctly. Some unique jets, may take up to 3-4 months. If Chinese Holiday is involved, then add another 1.5 months on the safe side. Right now, we have a customer for a F-15E, and it's ready to ship in 3 weeks but he wants to make some changes to the paint schemes, so he's ok to get it done late. I think it's now on the 4th week. Each factory also has different priorities depending on when we get the order.

Also our internal problem can be an issue. We have been criticized being too bureaucratic as we have a team handling different tasks. Each person handles different tasks, from sales, accounting, shipping etc. When there is a change, this system can be slow to respond. It's very different than doing business with an one man company. One good thing about our system is that we have better structures financially and managerially to handle transaction and provide better protection to customers dealing with us. We refund you the money because we can see a problem that will escalate into a mess later on. It's better we straight it out then we can offer you a jet later when it's in our warehouse. With 55 different types of models and 3 to 5 different paint schemes from several factories, it's impossible for us to keep all of them in the inventory. Special order is not just a pack and ship situation where we can guarantee the delivery time.

I have a L15 that's made already and waiting to be shipped along with a container of Xcalibur that the other factory promised to finish by the end of this month. L15 is similar to Yak130 in size. If you are interested in that, I can offer this to you. it's built with 2 T12 engines all ready to go. I can remove the engine if you wish to instal different engines on it. Email me if you are interested in this option.

Regards,

Mike

Mike I'm only interested in the Yak 1:4 the problem is you already cancelled the order without even consulting me or telling me when I could expect it. Sorry but how is this good service, I didn't ask for a refund just an estimate and if possible a discount fro the delay, perfectly reasonable I think., I told Jose I'd be willing to wait until the the end of March, I just needed a date if he said it, look it would here by the end of April I would have said Ok....

But the problem is at this point you guys are not even willing to give a date. That's a problem, I understand this is Mostly Jet Legends fault, but I can only go by what you guys said, and during the time I placed the order it sounded like it would be no problem.

Look I'm not mad, just a bit sad, I'm over the jet looks like a local buyer will buy my turbines also so I should be ok. However, both me and Shaun have issues with the stated timelines, you still say 3-4 months; this is just not true I'd venture to say 6-8 months is more like it and if you told buyers that it would be closer to how long it actually takes there would be no more problems.

Had my order not been cancelled the likelihood of it arriving would have been closer to 7-8 months.
Old 01-06-2016, 08:16 PM

Mike

Sorry, are you saying my order was delivered in four months?? Or was it four months between order and cancellation...?
Old 01-07-2016, 11:35 AM
My Feedback: (24)

So Discowings is now back as "Alkaline"?! Nuff said.....
Old 01-07-2016, 12:01 PM

Been on rcu since 2004: http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/members/alkaline.html
rcgroups since 2005: http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/member.php?u=54600
and flyinggiants since 2010: http://www.flyinggiants.com/forums/member.php?u=48776
Old 01-07-2016, 12:19 PM
My Feedback: (14)

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
So Discowings is now back as "Alkaline"?! Nuff said.....
Was wondering when all of you were going to catch that been laughing for awhile
Old 01-07-2016, 05:46 PM
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Alkaline, why don't you buy one from BVM? They have some in stock, I think.
Old 01-07-2016, 06:49 PM

I'll check with bvm but I think they only have 1:5 which is single turbine in PNP form.
the 1:4 is twin/single.
Old 01-07-2016, 07:22 PM
My Feedback: (24)

Originally Posted by Alkaline
Right, should have known one alias would never suffice....��