Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy CG Meter V2 Pucks....

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy CG Meter V2 Pucks....

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2016, 12:40 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Xicoy CG Meter V2 Pucks....

The XICOY DIGITAL WEIGHT AND BALANCE CG METER is the ultimate device for balancing RC aircraft. During initial release of the product last year, some users reported accuracy issues related to the weight pucks. During transit or heavy handling, the tight tolerances along with the single cap screw in the original design can cause the cap rotate slightly and bind to the lower housing causing readings to be inaccurate. Accuracy is easily checked by simply placing a known weight on the puck and confirming it matches puck reading. Weight should measure the same across all three puck units. Should all three pucks register the weight the same but error in the weight value, use the calibration function under the tools menu to recalibrate the system. If your puck is binding, see our News and Updates section on our website for the simple fix for early version pucks.
Xicoy has redesigned the pucks to eliminate any chance of binding and insure dependable accuracy. The V2 pucks now have two screws securing the cover to the sensor, insuring the cover cant rotate. Additional clearance has been provided between the cover and base housing and the base has been widened to conceal the gap between the cover and base.
We have been shipping the Xicoy CG Meter with V2 pucks for a few months with rave reviews and zero issues reported....

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-12 13.56.29.jpg
Views:	1251
Size:	1.39 MB
ID:	2141083   Click image for larger version

Name:	2016-01-12 13.56.55.jpg
Views:	1236
Size:	1.27 MB
ID:	2141084  
Old 01-12-2016, 12:53 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

Todd, I have a unit that I bought from dreamworks and even after being calibrated at KY jets this past year is not reading correctly and I thought about contacting you for a refund. Can I just send my three scales back and get the new versions? I really don't want to give up on the this gadget but I cant use mine as it is. I bought mine with the sensors its hard to just throw away 400.00 dollars so im glad to hear they may have fixed the issues. Thanks
Old 01-12-2016, 01:20 PM
lov2flyrc
My Feedback: (24)

Keith.... And anyone else experiencing a problem with your Xicoy CG Meter pucks.

Dreamworks is happy to inspect your system, perform any necessary adjustments or calibrations free of charge. If anything is found to be defective, we will replace the components under Xicoy's warranty. Dreamworks will also cover the return shipping for domestic customers regardless if you purchased the unit through us or not.
Simply call the office or email [email protected] for an RMA request form before sending the unit in to us for service.
Old 01-12-2016, 04:00 PM
FenderBean

Awesome, thanks I have another order to place so when I do I will and get the info to return it. Thanks for support!
Old 01-15-2016, 12:47 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by lov2flyrc
Keith.... And anyone else experiencing a problem with your Xicoy CG Meter pucks.

Dreamworks is happy to inspect your system, perform any necessary adjustments or calibrations free of charge. If anything is found to be defective, we will replace the components under Xicoy's warranty. Dreamworks will also cover the return shipping for domestic customers regardless if you purchased the unit through us or not.
Simply call the office or email [email protected] for an RMA request form before sending the unit in to us for service.
Outstandings service from dreamworks!!!!
Old 05-16-2016, 10:10 PM
angelwings

Can someone tell me how well this unit works on other airplanes or is it just for jets? I fly 35% and 40% gas airplanes(Extra2650, 300, Sbach, etc.), and would like to hear more about this unit before investing in one.
Old 05-17-2016, 04:50 AM
FenderBean

I saw a few post on flying Giants of people using them on planes, the pucks don't care what sits on them, it works for both.
Old 05-17-2016, 05:45 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Originally Posted by angelwings
Can someone tell me how well this unit works on other airplanes or is it just for jets? I fly 35% and 40% gas airplanes(Extra2650, 300, Sbach, etc.), and would like to hear more about this unit before investing in one.
This is the same on way we do weight and balance full scale planes. It has been an excellent device on my planes. It will work on any plane and has a tail dragger setting in it already.

One of the best things I like is checking how far your fuel load changes the CG. On my F15 I am 1 pound tail heavy empty and 1 pound nose heavy when full fuel. Simply an amazing tool for our planes.
Old 05-17-2016, 10:16 AM
RAPPTOR
My Feedback: (41)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gunradd
this is the same on way we do weight and balance full scale planes. It has been an excellent device on my planes. It will work on any plane and has a tail dragger setting in it already.

One of the best things i like is checking how far your fuel load changes the cg. On my f15 i am 1 pound tail heavy empty and 1 pound nose heavy when full fuel. Simply an amazing tool for our planes.
if you "assume the c/g is, correct, from manufacture. It does not .find c/g uses a " given c/g location"
Old 06-20-2016, 06:47 AM
n8622t
My Feedback: (8)

Received 40 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by angelwings
Yes.....I have balanced 6 planes all tail dragers from 26-63 pounds and they all fly beautifully with no CG issues. I'd buy this thing again