Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Navy Cat Servo Cable wing routing

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Navy Cat Servo Cable wing routing

Search this Thread

Old 02-06-2016, 02:55 PM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Navy Cat Servo Cable wing routing

I'm attempting to build (assemble) a Navy Cat CF as a favor for a local club member. The only assembly instructions I have are from a Modelbau Tornado kit but they are virtually worthless with the exceptions of a few of the pictures.

I started to mount aileron and flap servos in the wings this afternoon and ran into a major issue. I cannot find a continuous series of rib openings where I can route the extension cables from the flap and aileron servo bay to the wing center section !!

My best guess is that the cables are intended to be routed thru a series of rib cutouts aft of the retract. I can find openings in every rib but one. The rib in question is approximately even with the inboard edge of the main gear retract. I need to find an opening in aft or rear part of this rib directly behind rear retract mounting rail. This part of this rib is not visible, not even with a dental mirror.

Any body out there that has built/assembled this airplane or a Falcon 120 or Tornado that can help me it would sure be appreciated. I'm at the point of cutting an opening in the bottom wing sheeting so I can see the rib in question but would rather do that.
Old 02-07-2016, 07:07 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If I remember right (I'll have to look to confirm later) I routed the servo leads behind the retracts until they hit the well, then ran them forward through the well and out the forward holes.

It's a great flying plane, but cheap Chinese quality (crappy glue, weak plywood). Reinforce the landing gear blocks and front formers.
Old 02-08-2016, 07:26 AM
turnnburn
My Feedback: (49)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. That routing is what I had decided upon. After my initial post I went back to the shop and checked out the other wing panel and was able to get my nyrod tube to go thru ALL of the ribs behind the landing gear. I finally cut out a small piece of bottom wing sheeting in the vicinity of the rib that I suspected to not have a hole in it. I was correct the diecut punch out had NOT been punched out.