Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

West Texas Jets 2016

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

West Texas Jets 2016

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2016, 12:37 AM
Bryan McLarty

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

John, this was the best event since it's redevelopment! Great time with superb flying conditions and atmosphere. Thank you so much for hosting a wonderful event and a great dinner at your lovely home. This is my favorite time of year to fly and man was it a nice couple of days.

Special thanks to Nick Johnson for helping me trouble shoot my air system leak and transmitter programming issues.
Old 10-09-2016, 08:23 AM
FlyUtah

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

To all the Lubbock crew, thanks for the great event and generous hospitality! Good company, great food and all the flying everyone wanted.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3227.JPG
Views:	133
Size:	2.54 MB
ID:	2185131   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3225.JPG
Views:	157
Size:	3.82 MB
ID:	2185132   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_3226.JPG
Views:	151
Size:	3.25 MB
ID:	2185134  
Old 10-09-2016, 11:21 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Congratulations to the winners at this year's WTJ. NIck Johnson won "Pilot's choice" with his helping almost every pilot at the event with programming radios to setting engine parameters. Mark West won "Best scale flight" with his 14 year old BVM Mig 15 doing superb flight. Anson Hargrove won "Top Gun" with his great Boomerange Elan flights 6" above the deck, Special honorable mentions include Parker Ferguson's Futura which was in the air more than on the ground. Doug Harmon's old Ram 500 powered Tornado which he flew consistently all weekend and Bryan McLarty finally getting his uber scale Reaction/SeaHawk with many others too numerous to mention. We sure burned up the Jet A! We even had a contingent of New Mexican's come over to watch the show. Everybody loved interacting with them. Great times to be had by all.

Last edited by patrnflyr; 10-09-2016 at 11:36 AM.