Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Solid improvement to Airtech Germany's eGears: Xicoy LGC15 with encoders

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Solid improvement to Airtech Germany's eGears: Xicoy LGC15 with encoders

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 11:46 AM
ija

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Solid improvement to Airtech Germany's eGears: Xicoy LGC15 with encoders

Hi All,

As some may remember I had "slight" challenges with the poor quality of Airtech Germany eGears... To my great pleasure Xicoy created nice drop-in replacement solution and I strongly recommend everyone to get this upgrade as it's not just safety replacement but it's really also a functional improvement. You will get for example the following functionality integrated:
1) receiver bus interface - in my case SBUS
2) nice integrated sequencer for gear doors
3) You can also get rid of the ridiculous extra DC ESC provided by Airtech Germany to control electric brakes. LGC15 has integrated driver for brakes.
4) very advanced steering gyro capable to utilize also differential brakes!

So it's obvious that I won't need to create my own solution but I'm able to proceed this summer flights with the Xicoy's solution!Thanks Gaspar!

You really want to have this http://www.xicoy.com/catalog/product...roducts_id=414 and remember to ask Xicoy encoders for gear motors. You just need to replace the original Airtech Germany's control boards with Xicoy's encoder boards. And it's rather simple soldering job. See the pic below:

After this upgrage no need to worry about exploding Airtech Germany control boards !

If anyone needs hints with installation please feel free to contact me, I'm more than happy to help you.

Cheers,
Ilkka
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	xicoy.jpg
Views:	241
Size:	53.8 KB
ID:	2167495