Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

The new D-CAT air trap

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

The new D-CAT air trap

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 09:54 PM
marc s

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Oli appreciate the post, not sure why that was considered 'making fun' - guess we all have a different sense of humour then!

marcs
Old 08-24-2016, 10:47 PM
Birdman6310

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by olnico
Well, for someone who publicly makes fun of Bob's name, I don't think that the comment is really appropriate.
I am not sure if you realize how insulting your ID is.
It is you who have inferred something from his screen name so it is you who has caused the insult by posting it here. Think on
Old 08-25-2016, 10:07 AM
TTRotary

Originally Posted by Bob Toilet
I will keep on using Supertrap from Intairco. They listen to customers and supply what the customer wants, instead of trying to make fun of them.
What an idiotic post. People politely tried to help you set up your fuel tubing correctly, but it seems you'd rather remain ignorant on the subject of Festo/poly tubing, and inept at setting up a fuel system. As it is you are not using Festo correctly, although it seems the only person who doesn't know that is you. I suppose you will blame intairco next when you suck bubbles through a Festo fitting and your plane goes in.

Suggest you spend more time educating yourself on proper fuel system setup and less time threadcrapping a product you don't even use. Good luck to you and those nearby when you are flying.

Last edited by TTRotary; 08-25-2016 at 10:10 AM.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:41 AM
marc s

Are you guys serious!

I've been posting for almost 10 years, started 195 threads so far, hopefully most of which have been constructive and informative, one thread has had over 111,000 views and is still being posted and watched - must be doing something right!

This thread is for a new product, it's a product which has grown from the original CAT air trap I designed a good 6/7 years ago, the CAT has been used as a template/benchmark for many copies over the years which I'm totally happy with, it shows the design is good and to be honest I'm flattered. I've taken this now to the next level and posted this information here.

I've personally never liked using 'push fit' Festo type fittings on anything unless its unavoidable, they are a weak link, cause restriction and are really best suited for pressure connections not suction. A barb offers a better solution for a leak free fitting and the bore size achievable for any given tube size is way better than any push fit on the market. I DID however listen to the feedback from some customers who want this connection, so as stated in my post the D-CAT is supplied with high flow barbs but they are supplied loose so the customer can fit them if he wants or source his own fittings, the threaded holes are M7 specifically for this reason. At no point was I inferring any form of 'making fun' just quoting a well known phrase that you can never please all the people all the time - it's true!

Intairco have always supplied their product with an option of fittings, the difference is you get them fitted but buy them in the price of the unit - not actually sure this was as a result of listening to 'customers' but just the way they decided to market their product. I might be wrong here and happy to be told so.

Oli who I know but have no business interest with has to be one of the most innovative and proactive members of this forum, he has a wealth of knowledge and spends large amounts of time making and designing new products for this great hobby, his website shows his intent and the massive amount of time, money and effort he puts into making our hobby better, safer and allowing us to make informed decisions (read his blogs).

Birdman and Bob Toilet happy to take this off line and have a 1-2-1 any time guys, just PM, email or call (my number is on my web site).

Lets cut the *****ing here and move on.

marcs
Old 08-25-2016, 02:07 PM
cmp3cantrj

The current CAT-V2 range will be run alongside the new product for a short time,

I hope that this does not mean that we are going to lose the older style CAT in the long run. Those of us who run smaller engines (below 100n) don't need to worry about high fuel flow rates and have more need of a filter (smaller fuel passages in the engine etc) than the larger ones.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:09 PM
Birdman6310

Originally Posted by marc s
Are you guys serious!

I've been posting for almost 10 years, started 195 threads so far, hopefully most of which have been constructive and informative, one thread has had over 111,000 views and is still being posted and watched - must be doing something right!

This thread is for a new product, it's a product which has grown from the original CAT air trap I designed a good 6/7 years ago, the CAT has been used as a template/benchmark for many copies over the years which I'm totally happy with, it shows the design is good and to be honest I'm flattered. I've taken this now to the next level and posted this information here.

I've personally never liked using 'push fit' Festo type fittings on anything unless its unavoidable, they are a weak link, cause restriction and are really best suited for pressure connections not suction. A barb offers a better solution for a leak free fitting and the bore size achievable for any given tube size is way better than any push fit on the market. I DID however listen to the feedback from some customers who want this connection, so as stated in my post the D-CAT is supplied with high flow barbs but they are supplied loose so the customer can fit them if he wants or source his own fittings, the threaded holes are M7 specifically for this reason. At no point was I inferring any form of 'making fun' just quoting a well known phrase that you can never please all the people all the time - it's true!

Intairco have always supplied their product with an option of fittings, the difference is you get them fitted but buy them in the price of the unit - not actually sure this was as a result of listening to 'customers' but just the way they decided to market their product. I might be wrong here and happy to be told so.

Oli who I know but have no business interest with has to be one of the most innovative and proactive members of this forum, he has a wealth of knowledge and spends large amounts of time making and designing new products for this great hobby, his website shows his intent and the massive amount of time, money and effort he puts into making our hobby better, safer and allowing us to make informed decisions (read his blogs).

Birdman and Bob Toilet happy to take this off line and have a 1-2-1 any time guys, just PM, email or call (my number is on my web site).

Lets cut the *****ing here and move on.

marcs
Marc

I am afraid when you post in a public forum with the main purpose being to sell your products (which incidentally is I think against forum rules) you have to accept what comments you receive. My comment had nothing to do with your product it was about a comment another poster made. Also if you read TT's post it was not about your comment !

As you have taken such an aggressive attitude towards me I will tell you what I think of this product. In my view It is overdesigned, solves many problems that do not exist, and will I am sure be over priced. I have flown many jets over many years have only ever used simple bottle traps and have never had any of the problems you describe

I have now commented on the product rather than other posters in order that you can have some alternative feedback

Last edited by Birdman6310; 08-25-2016 at 10:16 PM.
Old 08-25-2016, 10:16 PM
Bob Toilet

All this just because i asked about the barbed fittings You use??? I allso use barbed fittings, but the ones i use, is suited for 4 and 6 mm tubing. Maybe yours is designed for different tubing? That's why i asked. Hoping for constructiv answer

Last edited by Bob Toilet; 08-25-2016 at 10:40 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 08-25-2016, 11:35 PM
marc s

[QUOTE]instead of trying to make fun of them[QUOTE]

Bob think this was the clincher.

The current range of CAT V2 will continue for the time being as the new D-CAT is aimed at medium to very large turbine range and applications outside RC. I have struggled to make stock recently as lost my father a 4 months ago so had to take time out for family. Hope to be back in full production late September after JP.

Birdman you are entitled to your opinion and I'm happy to see you have given me your feedback, I'm also glad you have not encountered any issues.

Nothing wrong telling you about a new product on here mate, plenty of new airframes hit this forum along with other products, no mention of selling just information so people can make decisions for themselves.

'over priced' not sure thats an entirely fair comment however,

If you attend Jetpower come by my stand, I'll be happy to show you exactly what goes into making this and the CAT-V2 range.

marcs
Old 08-26-2016, 12:16 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Birdman6310
Well, for someone who publicly makes fun of Bob's name, I don't think that the comment is really appropriate.
I am not sure if you realize how insulting your ID is.
It is you who have inferred something from his screen name so it is you who has caused the insult by posting it here. Think on
I am re-posting this, just to make sure it does not get deleted by the originator. Too precious.

Last edited by olnico; 08-26-2016 at 12:25 AM.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:43 AM
Birdman6310

I am re-posting this, just to make sure it does not get deleted by the originator. Too precious.
Oli

Why would I delete that which I believe to be true. Thank you for agreeing with my thoughts by reposting
Old 08-26-2016, 12:50 AM
Birdman6310

[QUOTE=marc s;12250956]
instead of trying to make fun of them[QUOTE]

Bob think this was the clincher.

The current range of CAT V2 will continue for the time being as the new D-CAT is aimed at medium to very large turbine range and applications outside RC. I have struggled to make stock recently as lost my father a 4 months ago so had to take time out for family. Hope to be back in full production late September after JP.

Birdman you are entitled to your opinion and I'm happy to see you have given me your feedback, I'm also glad you have not encountered any issues.

Nothing wrong telling you about a new product on here mate, plenty of new airframes hit this forum along with other products, no mention of selling just information so people can make decisions for themselves.

'over priced' not sure thats an entirely fair comment however,

If you attend Jetpower come by my stand, I'll be happy to show you exactly what goes into making this and the CAT-V2 range.

marcs
Regarding Price. It is I am afraid little to do with what goes into making a product that a customer cares about it is the function it provides. So

If a customer can get what they want for £20 why would they pay more

I use a simple air trap which I either make or buy which costs somewhere between £10 - £25 and this does all I need. Not much bling but I am not interested in bling. So if your product is much over £25 it is in my view overpriced. This is what customers that have limited budgets will think. If you are trying to market to those with more money that other things then you will sell at a higher price

I am afraid there are certain people who will not buy a product priced at £1 but if you peeled the sticker off it and put one on at £50 they would buy it. They also like logo's on T shirts
Old 08-26-2016, 06:11 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

A wise old man once told me that if you are on a limited budget, then you should be saving your money for retirement and not spending it on toy jets.
Old 08-26-2016, 12:53 PM
Bob Toilet

Secret agent:
Old, yes wise? NOT
Most of the mishaps is caused by the pilot, not cheap equipment.
Old 08-26-2016, 01:34 PM
marc s

Be good to see some data to support this statement be it true or not.

marcs
Old 08-26-2016, 01:56 PM
Bob Toilet

So You say most mishaps is caused by equipment?
Old 08-26-2016, 02:16 PM
Jame

How can you possibly be on a limited budget when you've got at least 3k invested in a turbine and radio gear??? This forum has become a joke over the last couple of years. Marc is moving things forward and developing a new design that solves the problems of many and gives peace of mind to others that probably don't even require a high flow fuel system, my 100N powered UF probably didn't need a large CAT.......but it still got one as it stopped me worrying about the flat bottomed tank. I've used CAT's and UAT's and let's be honest, the UAT is massively overpriced for a neoprene bottle with a mesh bag / clunk........but it works, so we buy these things to ensure we have the best possible equipment stopping our 250mph missiles biting terrafirma. Do we really need PowerBoxes in jets?? Probably not in most applications but when was the last time you moaned about the cost of one of those.

I work in an industry where we charge £90 per hour for which at times can be 5 hours work to diagnose a £2.50 sensor causing an intermittent fault but do people winge and whine.........no they 9 times out of 10 are just glad that the job has been looked at by a professional, no mistakes are allowed, anything high end is going to cost more. If you look at the average cost of a CAT compared to the work involved to make one, the peace of mind you have while flying and the quality of the unit, they are a steal.

I'm finished with this forum and time wasters such as you two...........keyboard warriors who think if they have to spend a penny more than hobbyking charge for something ten times as good, they've been ripped off......joke.
Old 08-26-2016, 07:24 PM
SECRET AGENT

Bob, I never said anything about mishaps.

If you overextend yourself financially on a toy jet (or anything else frivolous), regardless of it crashing or not, it's still not wise.

Jets are expensive but you don't have to participate, it's completely voluntary.
Old 08-26-2016, 10:29 PM
Bob Toilet

I am completely happy with my Jet's , no problem! But waisting any more time on You, no Thank's! Over and out
Old 08-27-2016, 12:17 AM
marc s

Jame, after the first few replies following my post I was happy to throw in the gloves, like you really frustrated with the general 'tone' this forum now seems to deliver. I wrote a very strongly worded reply with a sign off at the end but slept on it before posting and decided not to post the following day.

This forum has lost so many 'quality' pilots and contributors over the last 5 years, so sad, when you look at the threads which run on and on they are the ones started a long time ago and had real value and information, bit like a good band who's music stands the test of time unlike all the other rubbish with one hit wonders who come and go (thank goodness).

I view this forum like that, the quality will eventually prevail, it always does.

I will continue to post anything which I feel might be of interest to some of the many skilled jet builders/pilots out there and hope that if they do buy my accessories they find them good value, well made, thoughtfully designed and fit for purpose.

marcs
Old 08-27-2016, 11:51 PM
Bob Toilet

I will stop by your booth on Jetpower and take a look at them.
Old 08-28-2016, 12:11 AM
marc s

Christian, now thats a better plan, see you there, if you bring the tube you want to fit we can take a look at that too.

marc
Old 08-28-2016, 12:31 AM
olnico

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Who cares, lets keep this on topic, whole point of this forum, if you want to discuss clothes then your in the wrong place!
Marc, the best way to keep trolls away from this forum is to ignore them.
I have highlighted this person's behavior prevously, now everyone here knows the nature of this poster.
Moderators have been advised as well.
No need to bother about him.
Old 08-28-2016, 01:43 AM
Andrew Bird

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Marc,

Good luck with the new product. Good to see some innovation. It's a shame how many of the threads on here seem to decay in to such bizarre arguments nowadays. I remember the days when we were all just passionate about enjoying toy planes and interested in seeing new things rather than just using the keyboard to endlessly moan without any practical experience of the product.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:36 AM
Birdman6310

Who cares, lets keep this on topic, whole point of this forum, if you want to discuss clothes then your in the wrong place!

First batch of the new D CAT 230's are now at the anodisers and hope to collect next week and start packaging, will update images when production units are done.

marcs
Why do you go to the added expense of getting them anodised. Does it make them work any better

Last edited by Birdman6310; 08-28-2016 at 08:41 AM.
Old 08-28-2016, 08:38 AM
SECRET AGENT

Why do you buy a pretty car, does the paint make it go faster? Seriously????

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.