Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Weatronic Bat 60 or Jeti DC/DS 24???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems
View Poll Results: Which one?
Weatronic Bat 60
14.81%
Jeti DC/DS 24
85.19%
Voters: 27. You may not vote on this poll

Weatronic Bat 60 or Jeti DC/DS 24???

Search this Thread

Old 11-16-2016, 12:27 PM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Weatronic Bat 60 or Jeti DC/DS 24???

Between these two radios which one and why? I'm leaning towards the Jeti. Any reason to do the Bat 60 instead?
Old 11-16-2016, 02:27 PM
Art ARRO

I suggest that you visit the Weatronics Support Section of the RC Equipment Forum for an answer. Also check the PowerBox Systems Statement in the latest RCJI magazine, Dec/Jan 2017, page 8.
Rgds,
Art ARRO
Old 11-16-2016, 02:32 PM
speed is life

I personally have converted from Weatronics to Jeti and like my DS-16.

Was a Weatronics fan for several years with a Multiplex Royal Evo12 converted to a Weatronics module. The reason I changed to Jeti was that my old Multiplex was wearing out & no longer supported in the USA while Weatronics was endlessly delayed in developing the BAT60.

Weatronics as a going business went bankrupt and was bought out by PowerBox. Right now Wea units are somewhat orphans when it comes to factory support. That said, the Wea is still a great system.
The last word I have seen:
http://www.weatronic.com/en/index.php?pg=start.php

I did eventually buy a BAT60 to try, and while Weatronics is a very robust system equal in every way to a Jeti (and vise versa) I do not prefer the ergonomics of the BAT60 transmitter. To me the unit feels blocky and unessesarily thick with clumsy positioning of the aux channel switches. My opinion is that the Jeti has smoother sticks as well.

My suggestion would be to try out a BAT60 to see if the feel suits you and then decide.
- Mike

Added:
just to +1 the other posts; Wea is gone now so it is essentially a non issue, but their customer service and support absolutely sucked. USA support was a cadaver until Oli @ Ultimate-Jets picked it up but unfortunately by then it was too late to matter.

Last edited by speed is life; 11-16-2016 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Trump?
Old 11-16-2016, 03:58 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I like others have owned both, and for Weatronics the only thing that was worse than the customer service was the inability to get receivers when I needed them. Weatronics has had many owners and different representatives over the years that have all promised the same thing. "The new owners/reps are going to make the company much better and availability and customer service will not be a problem". This has never come true and I doubt it ever will. I won't argue that it is not as good or maybe even superior in some ways over jeti but what good is that if you can't get the service or parts you need to actually use the system?

You can call esprit models any day of the week and get programming help if needed and they almost always have good inventory. If it is out then it is usually only a couple of days wait time and it has been my experience that the date they tell you something will be in stock, is typically accurate.

Lots of help from field reps is available as well. Do yourself a favor and go with jeti.

Last edited by Gary Jefferson; 11-16-2016 at 04:02 PM.
Old 11-16-2016, 04:21 PM
Digital Pilot

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

A few years ago I went to Jeti as the support and reliability are excellent. Lots of programing gurus out there to help. Weatronic makes a nice unit but its bulky and i'm not sure of the support available both at the field or factory. I know about 15 guys that use Jeti and they all love it.

Of course I'm bias as well....
Old 11-16-2016, 05:41 PM
DrV
My Feedback: (2)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I recommend Jeti because of the service, availability and support. I own a DS16 and would buy a DS24 when it becomes available.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:18 AM
HarryC
My Feedback: (1)

Received 26 Likes on 16 Posts

Why would you even consider buying a Tx whose manufacturer no longer exists, which never got the final full software and can't deal with some items of some rx, and whose new owners promptly disowned it and would not take on the liability for the problems they say they found in its design and software?

If you like Wea and already have their receivers, and have a tx with a Wea module that you are happy to carry on with then you might consider waiting the 2 years that Powerbox claim it will take for them to make a Wea compatible tx. In the real world that is likely to be 3 or 4 years!! If you cannot wait then Jeti is a good system.
Old 11-17-2016, 05:53 AM
IFlyEm35

I agree. I didn't realize until seeing the small ad in RCJI that the radios would not get produced as anticipated. Looks like the decision has been made for me. The DS24 will be my next radio.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:04 PM
cmp3cantrj

Originally Posted by HarryC
Why would you even consider buying a Tx whose manufacturer no longer exists, which never got the final full software and can't deal with some items of some rx, and whose new owners promptly disowned it and would not take on the liability for the problems they say they found in its design and software?

If you like Wea and already have their receivers, and have a tx with a Wea module that you are happy to carry on with then you might consider waiting the 2 years that Powerbox claim it will take for them to make a Wea compatible tx. In the real world that is likely to be 3 or 4 years!! If you cannot wait then Jeti is a good system.
Actually - to be fair to powerbox - there was a copyright ownership issue with the software - they wanted to continue the product line - but found that they didn't have the rights to do it.
Old 11-17-2016, 03:31 PM
Gary Jefferson
My Feedback: (167)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cmp3cantrj
Actually - to be fair to powerbox - there was a copyright ownership issue with the software - they wanted to continue the product line - but found that they didn't have the rights to do it.
Didn't know about copyright issues but if true it is just another part of the never ending Weatronics saga. It really is a product that needs to remain discontinued so all involved including customers, owners, reps, etc. stop getting burned. This has been going on for a very long time.