Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

3D printed dummy engines?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

3D printed dummy engines?

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2016, 03:05 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default 3D printed dummy engines?

I'm about to start a new project: a JHH A-7 edf to turbine conversion. There are two engines I'm considering, the Kingtech K-45 and the kolibri T-45. The T-45 is much smaller and lighter, which could allow me to place it further rearward than the K-45. But, before I consider spending the extra many hundreds of dollars on the Kolibri I was hoping I could try it out, so to speak, for fit and balance.

That's where 3D printing comes in: I figure I could print out a couple dummy engines and load them up with weight to stimulate the engines I'm looking to use.

Now my question: does anyone have STL files for either, or both, of these engines? I suppose I could make my own based on the specs and drawings, but I figured I would ask first.

Also, would anyone else be interested in relatively inexpensive dummies of popular engines before investing in the real thing?

Thanks

Frank
Old 11-21-2016, 03:29 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I put the K45 in one. Fits perfectly. Not sure if you are in Europe or not, but I've heard Kolibri doesn't have support here in the US???
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_9207.JPG
Views:	192
Size:	1.96 MB
ID:	2190900  
Old 11-21-2016, 06:36 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Ordering from Europe isn't really a problem, sending it in for service might be. But it'd be nice to see how both fit before committing to one or the other.
Old 11-22-2016, 10:05 PM
Mark 5

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

slap in a Jets Munt m70xbl and call it a day.
Old 11-23-2016, 03:53 AM
Dr Honda
My Feedback: (4)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Henke has a bunch of dummies he made. AND... at one time I ran across his files on the internet. You may just want to PM him and ask.