Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster strut part?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster strut part?

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2016, 07:50 AM
GSR
My Feedback: (145)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Skymaster strut part?

have not been able to get a response from Skymaster so I thought I might ask here:
I need the strut inflation valve for a large skymaster strut -(2.6M viper exactly) If anyone has one from a broken strut will gladly pay thru the nose for it. Thanks, Scotty
Old 11-22-2016, 08:18 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

Hi Scotty I just had this discussion with my jet friends.Recently I noticed I had a cracked trunion on my SM saber. I emailed SM and included a pic. I did not get a reply and about 3 weeks later the part showed up n/c. That is great but I wish SM had a system in place online to order spare parts, tires etc. with a little better communication. There are plenty of SM jet owners out there like yourself that would benefit from a point and click type ordering system. Just my 2cents
Old 11-22-2016, 09:42 AM
GSR

So there is hope!!!!. Thanks for the encouragement Vin
Old 11-22-2016, 10:39 AM
Fighting Falcon
My Feedback: (9)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey Scotty, sorry to be bad news, but I went thru that same issue with the bleeding/filling valve in january and got this respose from SM

"we don't have brass valve here.We will inform supplier to send brass valve to you directly.we will let you know cost of valve when having news from supplier"
Never heard Back from them.., Ordered 2 from BVM since it showed in stock at their online site, paid for it and got a refund because they could not be sure they would be able to get one.

Long Story short, I got it from a friend who had lost his airplane an had only one strut left which had the valve. So, I would follow your initial approach to try to get if from whoever has one and want to sell.

Regards, Jose

Old 11-22-2016, 12:18 PM
luge_racer

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I've been having a rather difficult time finding a replacement torque link for my SM F-15 strut. The one company that listed them online (as they are apparently made by Air Power) is long out of business.
Old 11-22-2016, 12:48 PM
scoeroo
My Feedback: (9)

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts

LIN YAOTING ; skymasterjets ([email protected])
Try these - John is generally pretty good at replying
Old 11-22-2016, 01:38 PM
kevinthoele
My Feedback: (1)

Received 40 Likes on 39 Posts

I have had good success dealing with Anton. He sent me F100 strut part that failed as well
Old 11-22-2016, 03:57 PM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I used the [email protected] email. Last year I ordered a set of replacement tires for my saber. No response for 2-3 weeks then an email with a pay pal invoice. I paid it and the tires were here pronto.
Vin...
Old 11-22-2016, 04:40 PM
johnzqh

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by GSR
have not been able to get a response from Skymaster so I thought I might ask here:
I need the strut inflation valve for a large skymaster strut -(2.6M viper exactly) If anyone has one from a broken strut will gladly pay thru the nose for it. Thanks, Scotty
Hi Scotty

We didn't receive your mail asking about valve.Pls send mail to [email protected]

We will inform Mr. Li Kai to send you directly.

Thanks

John
Skymaster
Old 11-22-2016, 04:55 PM
GSR

Sent it- Thank you for your reply-Scotty