Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Sully

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2016, 12:44 PM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default Sully

Just seen the film, absolutely brilliant. Superbly acted, technically, as far as I could see ( based on my 4 hours in an A320 sim) spot on.

Made my blood run cold, there but for the grace of God........

You gotta see this !

David.
Old 12-02-2016, 04:29 PM
MaJ. Woody
My Feedback: (28)

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I just saw this last week. Really enjoyed it. I met Sully in Oshkosh (EAA Airventutre). Jeff Skiles writes an article in Sport Aviation magazine each month. In the current issue he wrote about the movie Sully. He felt it was very accurate. The one thing he noted was that the cockpit scene way understated. In real life he said they had lots of alarms blazing and it was hard for Sully to hear Jeff reading the checklist. Fun article to read!
Old 12-02-2016, 06:38 PM
George
My Feedback: (57)

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Definitely, a really good movie!!
Old 12-03-2016, 10:39 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by MaJ. Woody
I just saw this last week. Really enjoyed it. I met Sully in Oshkosh (EAA Airventutre). Jeff Skiles writes an article in Sport Aviation magazine each month. In the current issue he wrote about the movie Sully. He felt it was very accurate. The one thing he noted was that the cockpit scene way understated. In real life he said they had lots of alarms blazing and it was hard for Sully to hear Jeff reading the checklist. Fun article to read!

Sorry, I did not realise the film had been released in the US some time ago, just out in UK.
I Enjoy Jeff Skiles writings in Sport Aviation, look forward to the edition containing the film report, guess it's on it's way !

Yes I did think it rather quiet in the cockpit after a double engine failure, my experience of this scenario in the 767 sim was rather noisier! That said, my double engine failure in a Canberra at 48'000 feet was just the opposite, a deafening silence, apart from my nav' s heavy breathing and occasional expletive !

Anyway great film !!

David.