Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster F18D Hornet twin build

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster F18D Hornet twin build

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 11:25 PM
mauryr

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

New livery from the canadians, not bad

http://theaviationgeekclub.com/heres...-paint-scheme/
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	demo-hornet-design1.jpg
Views:	570
Size:	150.4 KB
ID:	2208250  
Old 04-03-2017, 07:30 PM
Jason R.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Wow do not mind that scheme.
Old 04-04-2017, 05:36 AM
JetsRC

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
I was going to buy a SkyMaster, but so far; from watching one coming apart at my field on the third flight with no "G's", and then your poor experience with their product, I have decided to NOT purchase their products. I can't afford to be an R&D for a manufacturing company. I am not trying to bash here, like everyone did for FEJ, but I do know this has to be a huge financial loss for you. Especially with 6 kids going to college here soon.
!
Hi RCFlyerdan, can you let me know if this was an F-18? I just did the maiden of mine and after 6 flights, it is flying very nicely but I would like to know if there might be a problem.

Here is a video o my F-18F... Engines mid mounted.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oo2hId9ULkk
Old 04-04-2017, 06:34 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by JetsRC
Hi RCFlyerdan, can you let me know if this was an F-18? I just did the maiden of mine and after 6 flights, it is flying very nicely but I would like to know if there might be a problem.

Beautiful flight! I am extremely impressed with the gentle stall and stall turn. I was never brave enough to do that with my JL F18C.

Out of respect to Kris and his forum, I don't want to side track it with the other jet. It was NOT an F-18F.

The jet's stab broke in half from leading edge to trailing edge, top and bottom skins and delaminated in flight. The owner pilot was lucky to have not lost the whole jet and safely landed it. It was on the third flight, and it was an earlier kit that has since come out with a Version 2 or 3 to solve the engineering issues. But, again, R&D was done in the field by owners. The owner is having issues getting parts for it. Anymore on that jet, the owner will need to start a forum.
Old 04-04-2017, 06:41 AM
gunradd
My Feedback: (9)

Received 50 Likes on 43 Posts

Great flight!! nice flying! On my flights with the engines running good mine was a real dream to fly with a very light wing loading. The problem is with the tail mounted engines and a flame out. You have mid mounted engines and should be good.

Originally Posted by JetsRC

Old 04-12-2017, 01:11 AM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Kris so sorry for your loss.

Last edited by IFlyEm35; 04-12-2017 at 01:16 AM. Reason: I see Anton is addressing some of the issues in the other thread.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:06 PM
JetsRC

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Beautiful flight! I am extremely impressed with the gentle stall and stall turn. I was never brave enough to do that with my JL F18C.

Out of respect to Kris and his forum, I don't want to side track it with the other jet. It was NOT an F-18F.

The jet's stab broke in half from leading edge to trailing edge, top and bottom skins and delaminated in flight. The owner pilot was lucky to have not lost the whole jet and safely landed it. It was on the third flight, and it was an earlier kit that has since come out with a Version 2 or 3 to solve the engineering issues. But, again, R&D was done in the field by owners. The owner is having issues getting parts for it. Anymore on that jet, the owner will need to start a forum.
Great, thanks for the info... Glad you liked the flight.. it is actually a really fun jet to fly and I am impressed how it handles at low speed.
Old 04-12-2017, 03:07 PM
JetsRC

Originally Posted by gunradd
Great flight!! nice flying! On my flights with the engines running good mine was a real dream to fly with a very light wing loading. The problem is with the tail mounted engines and a flame out. You have mid mounted engines and should be good.
Yes I am sure the mid engine mount if far more safer on the one engine stall situation. And with the cheetahs no more power is needed.