Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Central controller on Bvm pnp jets

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Central controller on Bvm pnp jets

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2017, 08:06 AM
bonanzadrv
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Central controller on Bvm pnp jets

I am setting up my pnp f16.... I have the airplane powered up sitting on my bench...
there is no air pressure in it (to prevent putting gear up while setting up)

I am noticing that every so often the nose gear steering servo kinda glitches...
then I got to looking at it and see they run the nose gear steering servo thru the central controller...

i am assuming the controller has a system to deactivate the nose steering when the gear is up..... This is something that I also have set up on my tx....
Should I just plug the nose steering direct to my rx and bypass the controller??
that would simplify it but I think the controller is getting powered thru the wires between the rx and controller.....

Any ideas why it would be moving the steering servo??? It might be something not yet setup in the controller.....

Any input would be great thanks
Bill
Old 02-16-2017, 10:34 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I would put my servo programmer on the output of the controller and watch the resolution. If the resolution is moving around on its own, then there is a controller issue. If the resolution was NOT moving around, then I would connect the programmer to the nose gear's servo and feed it a set resolution and see if the servo is steady (e.g. 1520). If it is NOT steady, then I would replace the servo. If it is steady, I would change the programmer's resolution output and see if the servo gets unsteady at any given point. If it does NOT, then I would have to start scratching my head a bit more. Maybe try a different servo w/o installing it ( to save a lot of work.)
Old 02-17-2017, 04:36 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

If it was me, the smartest thing would be to contact BVM and ask this question.
Old 02-17-2017, 06:40 AM
dubd

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The controller does deactivate the nose wheel steering servo when the gear is up. I'd remove the transmitter operation and see if the issue goes away.
Old 02-18-2017, 05:20 AM
Dustin Buescher

The controller does deactivate the nose gear when up. I believe if you have any subtrim for the steering, you will see this occasional jump. If you have concern, run servo direct to receiver and use the gear mix to deactivate.
Old 02-18-2017, 08:21 AM
shepp

May sound silly. But what radio system are you using?