Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

AR12120 ground test Flight Log data

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AR12120 ground test Flight Log data

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2017, 11:04 AM
CRye
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default AR12120 ground test Flight Log data

The following are data from a ground test of my 12120 with 4 satellites. I ran the test 5 – 6 minutes. Rotated fuselage horizontally on a plastic top table and vertically by holding it up.

Fades A 256, B 255, L 999 and R 999Frames 001
Holds 000
Do the fades indicate a problem?
Thank you
Charles
Old 06-10-2017, 03:39 PM
Wclays
My Feedback: (85)

Received 21 Likes on 14 Posts

Guidelines for DSMX • Holds—Holds are unacceptable. If a hold occurs, please investigate and correct the issue before next flight

. • Frames—<100- In conventional models during a 10 minute flight, frames should typically be less than 100 on all receivers
. • Fades—Use Fades for comparison only. All attached receivers should have similar Fades.
If not, investigate poorly performing receivers (location, antenna orientation, etc) and correct. Operational Differences between DSM2™ and DSMX® receive

From Spektrum manual
Old 06-11-2017, 07:32 AM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Wclays said it.

You need to look at the Rxers that are giving you a 999. L and R that far away from A & B is not good. But, If I recall correctly, the 999 indicates something specific. You might drop Andy Kuntz a PM or call Horizon.

Frankly, The only time I have seen a frame loss is was when we were testing the fringe areas of our site, A frame loss is when all RXers did not get one data frame. I can't recall ever seeing one registered. But, there is a video that shows proper antenna positioning. Each Remote needs to have the antenna polarized differently. That way you never wind up with all Remote antennas cross-polarized to the transmitter. Carbon fiber and metal near or between the Transmitter and the Rxer's line of sight is not good.
Old 06-11-2017, 08:59 AM
jsnipes
My Feedback: (3)

Received 18 Likes on 18 Posts

There is a software bug in AR12120's that causes the R satellite (pretty sure its R) to display the actual number of fades incorrectly. If you divide by 256 then that is the actual fade count. I first noticed this around 5 years ago or so and asked Horizon about it and they confirmed this...I thought I had a bad Rx. So, you pretty much have to ignore R. I don't know why Spektrum never fixed this.

At any rate ... per the manual. You should do the range test for 2 minutes total at 30 paces away...1 minute with nose down and rotating in all directions and then 1 minutes on its wheels while rotating it in all directions. See below. If you do the test for 6 minutes then. You may have higher numbers. Note that they allow up to 10 frame losses but I've never had a frame loss on one of mine during range test or flight. I have seen people with frame losses and worked with them to reposition their satelllites to eliminate this.

JS
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0843.PNG
Views:	17
Size:	203.9 KB
ID:	2219607   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0844.PNG
Views:	19
Size:	342.1 KB
ID:	2219608  

Last edited by jsnipes; 06-11-2017 at 09:02 AM.
Old 06-11-2017, 10:47 AM
CRye
My Feedback: (15)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for the inputs. I am waiting for a call back from HH, phone tech sent an email to the tech dept. I will PM Andy before I start some line and satellite swapping or relocating.
Glad I went ahead and got a data log.
Charles