Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Kingtech K70 shes tiny with power

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Kingtech K70 shes tiny with power

Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2017, 05:43 PM
erh7771
My Feedback: (30)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying

626-808-6122

Email: [email protected]

Thx !

Got the number and talked to Dirk, don't think there's pre-orders just yet.

The K-45g can squeeze into a Habu 32 !!!!

K70 is 5 more lbs of thrust in similar package
Old 06-22-2017, 07:36 PM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

How the extra thrust is achieved in these smaller ones? Higher rpm/fuel flow/temp? And that way lower expected life?

Anyways, twin engined models just got lighter!
Old 06-23-2017, 01:08 AM
Henke Torphammar

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray
How the extra thrust is achieved in these smaller ones? Higher rpm/fuel flow/temp? And that way lower expected life?

Larger compressor and turbine, probably same RPM. I would say there are very fiew parts that are the same due to the larger inlet, outlet etc.... Life should not matter if they made their homework.
Old 06-23-2017, 12:15 PM
Arnold773
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I might need to think about this little turbine for my L1011 project. this should keep a whole lot of lead out of the nose. looking forward to seeing it in Kentucky
Old 06-23-2017, 12:55 PM
jcterrettaz
My Feedback: (1)

Received 20 Likes on 19 Posts

Will be a nice turbine for my Christen Mirage 2000
Old 06-29-2017, 06:00 AM
US1A kai

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Click image for larger version

Name:	K70G-a.jpg
Views:	447
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	2222227
coming soon.
Old 06-29-2017, 08:35 AM
flejter1

Received 12 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Ceeray

Ceeray,

KingTech turbines may share the same Turbine housings and front covers on a lot of our K class turbines, but I can assure you that "all" of our turbines have different internal parts. We do not achieve more thrust by cranking up the RPM and running them on the verge of failure and prematurely wearing them out. We don't sell ECU RPM unlock codes to crank them up for more power.
KingTech Turbines achieve higher thrust and now in much smaller packages, by the Compressor blade, Turbine wheel blade, NGV, fuel injection delivery systems, combustion chamber designs. It seems our Engineering team has been brain storming and achieving some really awesome cutting edge, game changing turbines for our hobby, and lets not forget about our awesome Electronics package that was recently released. I will say that from day 1, KingTech is not quick to put a product out, just to put it out because we want it NOW. Once they have completely tested, tweaked, tested again and even tweaked some more and run them for countless hours (did I mention more tweaking and testing) to make sure we deliver a high quality, reliable turbines, at affordable prices, then they will release it. I hope this sheds a little light on this question.

Cheers,

Dirk
KingTech Service, USA & International
Old 06-30-2017, 07:17 AM
ChuckC
My Feedback: (24)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You can actually tell just that from the above picture of the K45 and K70 next to each other - notice how the starter motor sits differently and the can is slightly bigger, different exhaust cone, etc. There's a larger rotating assembly in there - or at least a significantly different shape.

These 70 class engines are exciting - and am looking forward to their release - can easily build home-designs around them, inexpensive retracts, etc.

Just cool.
Old 06-30-2017, 10:11 AM
Jetset
My Feedback: (2)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Mirage

Originally Posted by jcterrettaz
Will be a nice turbine for my Christen Mirage 2000
I used to have a Marcel Lahaie Mirage that this would have been perfect for. Wish I had of kept it now!
Old 06-30-2017, 10:52 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

I'm thinking my 89" A-10 might go from EDF to turbine power.
Old 08-10-2017, 05:28 PM
RockiesGuy

I'm in for light, low and slow....or crazy fast....This new "70" (K or M) small engines coming soon sure will be game changers. Don't forget your new CG/ center mass gap when applying flaps if you downsize engines on an existing plane
Old 08-11-2017, 10:47 PM
Midas D.

Ohhhhhh YEAH, Oh F... YEAH

http://www.rc-network.de/forum/showt...KingTech/page2

Finally an engine producer woke up and starts to fill the blinde spot on the market, excellent job guy's!!!

Hopefully the airframe designers will wake up as well!! (Come on Carf, start producing the mini Flash!!)
Old 08-11-2017, 10:48 PM
Midas D.

Ooops dubbel post , but again, Excellent Job !!!!!!

Last edited by Midas D.; 08-11-2017 at 10:50 PM.
Old 08-12-2017, 07:29 AM
Henke Torphammar

Originally Posted by Midas D.
Ohhhhhh YEAH, Oh F... YEAH

Neuheiten Ankündigung bei KingTech - Seite 2

Finally an engine producer woke up and starts to fill the blinde spot on the market, excellent job guy's!!!

Hopefully the airframe designers will wake up as well!! (Come on Carf, start producing the mini Flash!!)

There are allot when you look around, but they are hidden/forgotten as they really did need more then a wren 44 but too small for 80N size. Skymaster EDF Viperjet, F15, F18 etc...... Blackhorse, Phoenix. They do excist, but I agree it would be cool if CARF did smaller too, not only going for the 300N ones.
Old 08-12-2017, 08:32 AM
Midas D.

Default carf

Originally Posted by Henke Torphammar
There are allot when you look around, but they are hidden/forgotten as they really did need more then a wren 44 but too small for 80N size. Skymaster EDF Viperjet, F15, F18 etc...... Blackhorse, Phoenix. They do excist, but I agree it would be cool if CARF did smaller too, not only going for the 300N ones.

Maybe we all should start Bombing Carf with E-mails to shake the tree and wake them up

The least they could do is start producing their Spark again, the molds must be there somewhere under an thick layer of dust...
Old 08-12-2017, 12:36 PM
aeroscale

I just pulled the 90mm edf unit from my Sub-Sonex in anticipation! BTW, my K60 is working flawlessly in my Tsunami 60!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Combo1W.jpg
Views:	292
Size:	638.1 KB
ID:	2227734   Click image for larger version

Name:	Combo2W.jpg
Views:	316
Size:	606.6 KB
ID:	2227735   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0028w.jpg
Views:	282
Size:	744.9 KB
ID:	2227736   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0032w.jpg
Views:	324
Size:	748.7 KB
ID:	2227737  
Old 08-12-2017, 01:09 PM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Maybe we all should start Bombing Carf with E-mails to shake the tree and wake them up

The least they could do is start producing their Spark again, the molds must be there somewhere under an thick layer of dust...
It would be great to see a spark on their catalog, but wouldn't the 70 be to much for it? some time ago I was thinking on it with a 45...
Old 08-13-2017, 02:17 AM
Midas D.

Hi Skymaster,

Got the Spark, i was one of the lucky few who could get it's hands on a brand new out of the box one

Got it with the K45 setup, Jet-1A gears and Grumania pipe in it.
It's ready for it's maiden.
Had it out to the field for taxi test and all looked fine but think it would not hurt to get the K70 in there, especially cause i'm flying off grass.
Although the original Carf supplied tank in there is quite small, so it will be short flights with a K70

Now the only down side is......... When i got it out i was just to chicken to maiden it, pure frightened by the thought's of a possible mistake and a possible damage or crash....
And then no more spare's available........

So being the lucky owner of one now has a down side unfortunately, cause she kinda feels to precious to waste....

Last edited by Midas D.; 08-13-2017 at 02:22 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 03:53 AM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by aeroscale
I just pulled the 90mm edf unit from my Sub-Sonex in anticipation! BTW, my K60 is working flawlessly in my Tsunami 60!
Oooh.. I want to build one of those Sub-Sonex! That's cool!
Old 08-13-2017, 04:07 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by aeroscale
rich I certainly hope you're not planning to install the k70 in your sub sonix The 45 is far more power than that airframe needs
in my mini of avanti I hardly get above half throttle only using full throttle for take off and some verticals. Still looking for the short kit of the sub sonix to become available have fun
Old 08-13-2017, 04:11 AM
Bob_B
My Feedback: (11)

Received 82 Likes on 71 Posts

Hi Skymaster,

Got the Spark, i was one of the lucky few who could get it's hands on a brand new out of the box one

Got it with the K45 setup, Jet-1A gears and Grumania pipe in it.
It's ready for it's maiden.
Had it out to the field for taxi test and all looked fine but think it would not hurt to get the K70 in there, especially cause i'm flying off grass.
Although the original Carf supplied tank in there is quite small, so it will be short flights with a K70

Now the only down side is......... When i got it out i was just to chicken to maiden it, pure frightened by the thought's of a possible mistake and a possible damage or crash....
And then no more spare's available........

So being the lucky owner of one now has a down side unfortunately, cause she kinda feels to precious to waste....
I too have one of the last new in box CARF Sparks. I remember seeing these fly at Florida jets with the wren 44. I have a grumania pipe if anyone is interested as I have decided to still keep it electric
Old 08-13-2017, 07:15 AM
Henke Torphammar

There is never too much.... It depends more of which weight you want to stay at. In my mind it makes little sense choosing a K45 as the K70 would be too much. All turbines are equipped with a variable throttle function that is very easy to manover while flying. Full power is used going up and lower settings going down. With practicing you will learn to master this incredible feature seamless :-)

I've seen the 1.9m Futura with a 200N+ engine. Makes perfectly sense if you throttle it. (this particular engine still uses the same amount of fuel for the same flight times as the 100N options so no major weight penalty)

Set it up clever and use throttle, power is fun!
Old 08-13-2017, 08:50 AM
TTRotary

Dupe post, sorry

Last edited by TTRotary; 08-13-2017 at 08:55 AM.
Old 08-13-2017, 08:52 AM
TTRotary

looking forward to this new engine. And, put me in the camp of those wanting smaller airframes that are designed for these smaller engines. I'm sure many will disagree, but I find the manufacturers' insistence on pushing large airframes problematic, and ultimately self-defeating.

There is a HUGE market out there for turbines, IF manufacturers will produce smaller ARF kits. Most of us don't have access to huge fields, or want trailer and large vehicles. Many of us don't want to cart around 10 gallons of kero. The average paved field is around 500-600. And with more fields closing every day and more restrictions on turbines, it makes sense to fly smaller models.

At at the moment, the only military jets for the K45 are the CJM and JHH kits, which require serious building skills. Wouldn't it be nice if KT/Pacific jets worked with one of the Asian manufacturers to bring us 65-72" size Mirage, F-16, f-15, -18, Panther, etc. The Sky-e-master series is nice, but the model offerings are too limited. Tam's F16 was great, but is out of production.

​​​​​​​Come on manufacturers, bring us some smaller jets. If you want us to buy more engines, given us something to put them in!
Old 08-13-2017, 09:40 AM
skymaster68
My Feedback: (4)

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Bob_B
I too have one of the last new in box CARF Sparks. I remember seeing these fly at Florida jets with the wren 44. I have a grumania pipe if anyone is interested as I have decided to still keep it electric
Hello Bob, I have the chance to get a nib spark here at my club, the owner quit the hobby and I just emailed him to buy it.. If so, I'll be interested on your grumania pipe, please Pm me with the cost of it.
Thxs
Cristian

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.