Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Bvm ultra bandit

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Bvm ultra bandit

Old 07-29-2017, 06:37 AM
1ricardo
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Bvm ultra bandit

Dear Friends

I would like to know if it possible to use the white color base, on a BVM ultra bandit in the white version, and just apply some stripes
SInce I´m planing to use a Navy trainer scheme, most of the airplane is white already and it´s just a matter of apply some stripes and markings
So, can I use this withe as the paint ? I´ts white like primmer or white like gel coat?
Thank you all
Old 07-29-2017, 09:05 AM
Greg Wright
My Feedback: (6)

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

There should be no problem using the white base color to do what you are asking. It should be a PPG single stage paint that they sprayed on it.
Old 07-29-2017, 09:53 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

BVM Jets does not use gel coat. The gray color on BVM jet kits glass work is PPG K36 primer.
The white paint on your Ultra Bandit is PPG DCC Concept .Acrylic Urethane Enamel.
Gel coat is a polyester product and is used on motorhomes, kit car bodies, boats and the like. Since it is heavy, and polyester based, it has not been used on model airplanes for many years.
Any time you see the word used in jet models, it is probably because of language translational problems.
Old 07-29-2017, 10:01 AM
rhklenke
My Feedback: (24)

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by 1ricardo
Dear Friends

I would like to know if it possible to use the white color base, on a BVM ultra bandit in the white version, and just apply some stripes
SInce I´m planing to use a Navy trainer scheme, most of the airplane is white already and it´s just a matter of apply some stripes and markings
So, can I use this withe as the paint ? I´ts white like primmer or white like gel coat?
Thank you all
That would be cool, I'd like to see an Ultra Bandit in that scheme. Please post pictures of it when its done!

Bob
Old 07-30-2017, 10:02 AM
Chris True
My Feedback: (14)

This Electra started as a white ARF, your plan will work fine!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Elctraside.jpg
Views:	51
Size:	2.43 MB
ID:	2226216   Click image for larger version

Name:	Electrabottom.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	2.28 MB
ID:	2226217  
Old 07-30-2017, 05:11 PM
roger.alli

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The finish on my "white" Ultra is very good. I haven't applied any paint yet, but it look like all it will need is a light sanding with 600.

Bear in mind that the join seams on the white air frames are not fill and finished, but this is pretty easy to do.