Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2018, 02:22 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by T3chDad
Now that I'm done with all the stuff that can't move, I'm starting with the rest of the build on a CG stand. I've read that you set the CG with the gear down and the UAT full. With the tank being mostly forward of the CG is that a problem?

No you got it right, gear down UAT full....that's it.
Old 09-06-2018, 04:03 PM
airborn900
My Feedback: (25)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Gotta have one

I am in love with this jet. I will be building one this winter. 😁
Old 09-06-2018, 06:36 PM
Air3D540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My current plan...subject to change without notice.

I have a silly question about this set-up, the batteries in particular. You've got the 9.9v running the turbine ECU and gear, then a 6.6v pack for each receiver, correct? I think I remember reading some people running only two packs in total l but I assume most would want two receiver packs. This will be my first jet with brakes and a gear controller so I get a little lost sometimes.
My Mini hasn't been delivered yet so I'm sure it'll come together a little better once I can have it laid out in front of me.
Thanks in advance.
Old 09-07-2018, 03:39 AM
i3dm
My Feedback: (51)

Received 21 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Air3D540
I have a silly question about this set-up, the batteries in particular. You've got the 9.9v running the turbine ECU and gear, then a 6.6v pack for each receiver, correct? I think I remember reading some people running only two packs in total l but I assume most would want two receiver packs. This will be my first jet with brakes and a gear controller so I get a little lost sometimes.
My Mini hasn't been delivered yet so I'm sure it'll come together a little better once I can have it laid out in front of me.
Thanks in advance.

you realy need one of my FrSky RDT telemetries for Kingtech G2
Old 09-07-2018, 04:03 AM
Dansy

Thanks in advance.
On my mini I run a life 9.9v for the KingTech motor, and 2 lipo 2s that feed both RX via switch which always take the highest batt voltage.....I also feed my Retract controller with the number 2 RX batts....

i chose the location of the batteries when I do the C&G.....which end up in the front on mine, with K85
Old 09-07-2018, 04:18 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Thanks in advance.
The 9.9v will power the ECU/Turbine. Each 6.6v will plug into one of the plugs on my redundancy bus (FrSky RB-20). The two receivers plug into the RB-20's SBUS-In ports. Telemetry is fed back to both the receivers via the SmartPort-Out ports. So for C2, I will have full redundancy for power, SBUS and telemetry down to the servo plug. Gear will be powered by the one of the 6.6v packs. Brakes will be powered with a separate small LiPo (not shown).

I hope that makes sense. I can vouch for Lior's FrSky telemetry unit...one word...awesome! Name:  bang.gif
Views: 2062
Size:  439 Bytes

Last edited by T3chDad; 09-07-2018 at 04:22 AM.
Old 09-07-2018, 08:38 AM
i3dm

I can vouch for Lior's FrSky telemetry unit...one word...awesome! Attachment 2261870
Thank you my friend!
Old 09-07-2018, 08:54 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I share the ECU battery with the smoke pumps on my stuff but I'm just starting to play with electric gear and I do not plan to have the landing gear/brakes pulling power from the ECU battery, Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:09 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by Zeeb
I share the ECU battery with the smoke pumps on my stuff but I'm just starting to play with electric gear and I do not plan to have the landing gear/brakes pulling power from the ECU battery, Just doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
JP controller.....at least mine has a max of 8.4v and my ECU is 9.9v so a no go.

These retracts don’t take much power I see no difference in usage, but my batteries are isolated from each other’s.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:18 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I ordered my batts with dual leads, an MPX connector and a JR type connector. I know a lot of different manufacturers offer dual leads. The MPX will plug into my receiver and the JR lead I’ll use to power my brake and retract controllers.
Old 09-07-2018, 09:47 AM
Dansy

Originally Posted by camss69
I ordered my batts with dual leads, an MPX connector and a JR type connector. I know a lot of different manufacturers offer dual leads. The MPX will plug into my receiver and the JR lead I’ll use to power my brake and retract controllers.
You also need to be able to disconnect power from the Brakes/Gear controller......event when you turn the RX off it keep draining the battery.....not that much but still....
Old 09-07-2018, 10:06 AM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by Dansy

JP controller.....at least mine has a max of 8.4v and my ECU is 9.9v so a no go.

These retracts don’t take much power I see no difference in usage, but my batteries are isolated from each other’s.
Well my first set is going in my Havoc SS so for right now I'll keep the gear battery separate. ....
Old 09-07-2018, 10:13 AM
Dansy

Well my first set is going in my Havoc SS so for right now I'll keep the gear battery separate. ....
Well sorry, pretty sure I was on the mini T-1 tread......
Old 09-07-2018, 12:13 PM
Zeeb

Originally Posted by Dansy

Well sorry, pretty sure I was on the mini T-1 tread......
Remind me to never make you a good deal on Pattern stuff again.....
Old 09-07-2018, 12:38 PM
Dansy

Remind me to never make you a good deal on Pattern stuff again.....
I guess you don't get the fact that guys are asking for ideas for a specific jet.....The size of the retract on the mini is smaller/lighter then even my T-1 (both JP) and 8.4v is max for JP stuff. I don't mention thing's I do on other jet/plane here because it's not relevant.

I guessing Electron on the Havoc, which in a different class......

So be it, we don't things the same way.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:03 AM
Air3D540

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 9.9v will power the ECU/Turbine. Each 6.6v will plug into one of the plugs on my redundancy bus (FrSky RB-20). The two receivers plug into the RB-20's SBUS-In ports. Telemetry is fed back to both the receivers via the SmartPort-Out ports. So for C2, I will have full redundancy for power, SBUS and telemetry down to the servo plug. Gear will be powered by the one of the 6.6v packs. Brakes will be powered with a separate small LiPo (not shown).

I hope that makes sense. I can vouch for Lior's FrSky telemetry unit...one word...awesome! Attachment 2261870
Okay, yeah I think I get it now. I was thinking a 2s battery wasn't enough voltage for the gear but this makes sense now!
Thanks everyone for the help.

Originally Posted by i3dm
you realy need one of my FrSky RDT telemetries for Kingtech G2
I just watched one of your Youtube videos on this connected to your Futaba radio and it does look awesome! It seemed super simple to set up as well. I use a Futaba 16sz so I'll be PM-ing you for one of these soon.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:18 AM
i3dm

I just watched one of your Youtube videos on this connected to your Futaba radio and it does look awesome! It seemed super simple to set up as well. I use a Futaba 16sz so I'll be PM-ing you for one of these soon.
Thanks for the kind words. it really is simple to set up
pretty much plug and play.
Old 09-08-2018, 05:22 AM
VK96

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Mr. Tweety zigged when he should've zagged... Burner pass with a K85 when it happened...glad I didn't lose the plane. RIP little
fella
Old 09-08-2018, 07:28 AM
ledd4u
My Feedback: (23)

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts

Repairable? Or do you need a new wing?
Old 09-12-2018, 05:21 PM
T3chDad

She's done. Hopefully maiden on Saturday.

Old 09-13-2018, 08:00 AM
camss69

Nice! That color scheme looks killer, looking forward to the flight report!
Old 09-13-2018, 01:18 PM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

Had a bad day this past weekend and lost one of my T-1 minis, fortunately I still have my other T-1 Mini and regular T-1 to fly while I morn the loss of this baby. I've been flying turbines for just under seven years (~1000 flights) and this is my first loss, so I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. Initially I suspected some kind of flight control malfunction (servo, radio, gyro) but after watching the video (frame by frame) I'm convinced this accident was the result of a good ol' fashion stall. This was flight number 27 for this airframe but my first time shooting an approach from the north (rather than the south) with this particular jet. Because the approach from the north is much shorter than the approach from the south I rolled off the throttle about mid-way through the base leg with flaps full down, when I rolled out onto final I did not have the aircraft in a nose slightly low attitude to maintain airspeed, shortly after rolling out on final the right wing dipped very rapidly and the aircraft changed direction 90 deg to the right. I immediately went to full throttle in an effort to recover but the aircraft went behind some trees and I lost visual contact. At that point I cut the throttle and started the walk of shame. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the aircraft in the above condition, I expected much worse. Based on impact it looks like I was able to mostly level the aircraft before it hit the ground. The airframe is obviously a total loss, but all of the electronics are unharmed. The retracts are fine except for a bent pin on the nose gear. I will send the turbine back to Dirk for a complete inspection but the turbine does not even have a scratch on it.
My take-away from this event is: be very mindful of your nose attitude when you have the flaps all the way down and the throttle at idle, these jets will bleed energy very rapidly, and they will stall with no warning.

So now the big question is, order another T-1 mini or the new F-16?
Old 09-13-2018, 01:45 PM
T3chDad

Sorry to see that Tip22v! A friend of mine has the F-16. I love the size and it flies really well on a K70.
Old 09-13-2018, 02:13 PM
DrScoles
My Feedback: (18)

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Crap not the Red Bull! I almost bought that one, love the scheme.... sorry man.
Old 09-13-2018, 05:28 PM
camss69

Originally Posted by Tip22v

Had a bad day this past weekend and lost one of my T-1 minis, fortunately I still have my other T-1 Mini and regular T-1 to fly while I morn the loss of this baby. I've been flying turbines for just under seven years (~1000 flights) and this is my first loss, so I suppose it was bound to happen at some point. Initially I suspected some kind of flight control malfunction (servo, radio, gyro) but after watching the video (frame by frame) I'm convinced this accident was the result of a good ol' fashion stall. This was flight number 27 for this airframe but my first time shooting an approach from the north (rather than the south) with this particular jet. Because the approach from the north is much shorter than the approach from the south I rolled off the throttle about mid-way through the base leg with flaps full down, when I rolled out onto final I did not have the aircraft in a nose slightly low attitude to maintain airspeed, shortly after rolling out on final the right wing dipped very rapidly and the aircraft changed direction 90 deg to the right. I immediately went to full throttle in an effort to recover but the aircraft went behind some trees and I lost visual contact. At that point I cut the throttle and started the walk of shame. I was very pleasantly surprised to find the aircraft in the above condition, I expected much worse. Based on impact it looks like I was able to mostly level the aircraft before it hit the ground. The airframe is obviously a total loss, but all of the electronics are unharmed. The retracts are fine except for a bent pin on the nose gear. I will send the turbine back to Dirk for a complete inspection but the turbine does not even have a scratch on it.
My take-away from this event is: be very mindful of your nose attitude when you have the flaps all the way down and the throttle at idle, these jets will bleed energy very rapidly, and they will stall with no warning.

So now the big question is, order another T-1 mini or the new F-16?
Man sorry to hear about your loss! Glad to hear the electronics and turbine appear to be fine. I think if I had another mini and a T-1 I’d go the f-16 route!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.