Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

New Sport Jet: T-One Models Mini Fortune / Mini T1

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2019, 01:32 PM
Randy Smith

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Another question for the group: Is anyone applying Crow aileron mixed with landing flaps? If so, approximately how many millimeters deflection upwards for the ailerons?

Thanks,

R

Last edited by Randy Smith; 12-08-2019 at 01:57 PM.
Old 12-08-2019, 01:47 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Randy Smith
Len, Thanks for your insights. Valuable for sure. I am using JR XBus-A protocol. I assume the Mercury is installed upstream of the LCG-15. Then patch cords go from the individual retract, brake, and Rudder-B (nose wheel) output ports of the Mercury to the LCG-15? Can you confirm? Are you applying Mercury iGyro gain to the Rudder-B (nose wheel) or are you letting only the LCG-15 control the nose wheel gyro function? Thanks.

R
Yes.

The nose wheel sees the Mercury's gyro effect via the mix I have in the Transmitter that ties the nose wheel to the rudder channel. I am using Spektrum SRS Rxers. I attached my initial setup sheet below. For Mercury gain settings, I think I am currently set at 0%, 25% and 30 on all surfaces.

When you get things wired up, before powering up, disconnect the Nose door servo's linkage. Then frog around on the bench playing with the LGC15s settings. I spend a day on the bench like that. Then once you get the field, you can figure out how to make minor adjustments quickly.
Attached Files
Old 12-08-2019, 01:52 PM
Randy Smith

Great advice. Thanks for providing your setup sheet.

R
Old 12-08-2019, 01:53 PM
flyloose

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Len Todd
Yes.

The nose wheel sees the Mercury's gyro effect via the mix I have in the Transmitter that ties the nose wheel to the rudder channel. I am using Spektrum SRS Rxers. I attached my initial setup sheet below. For Mercury gain settings, I think I am currently set at 0%, 25% and 30 on all surfaces.

When you get things wired up, before powering up, disconnect the Nose door servo's linkage. Then frog around on the bench playing with the LGC15s settings. I spend a day on the bench like that. Then once you get the field, you can figure out how to make minor adjustments quickly.
Interesting....I was under the impression that the Mercury would not output a gyro correction to a mixed channel? In other words, I though the option on a single rudder is aerodynamic rudder A and Nose Wheel Steering rudder B....I did that on my Cougar and it works pretty well.

Old 12-08-2019, 08:18 PM
Agrav8ed

Received 58 Likes on 49 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Dirk told me about ten days ago they took mine to a different territory to try and get it shipped. I wouldn't be surprised if and when this thing finally shows up it's in pieces with all the back and forth this package has experienced. Twenty two weeks and counting.
He told me something similar. I received Chinapost tracking information so hopefully it will show up soon.
Tone
Old 12-09-2019, 06:48 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Originally Posted by Agrav8ed
He told me something similar. I received Chinapost tracking information so hopefully it will show up soon.
Tone
Thanks for the update.
Old 12-09-2019, 03:19 PM
Desertlakesflying
My Feedback: (28)

Received 62 Likes on 53 Posts

Tone
Mine showed up 5 days after I got Chinapost tracking back in 2017
Old 12-09-2019, 04:42 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by Desertlakesflying
Mine showed up 5 days after I got Chinapost tracking back in 2017
I got Chinapost tracking back in September but it never left the Chinese post office Lol.
Old 12-10-2019, 05:49 AM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Mine's on the way! It should be delivered Friday (UPS). Name:  bang.gif
Views: 1174
Size:  439 Bytes
Old 12-10-2019, 05:55 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by T3chDad
Mine's on the way! It should be delivered Friday (UPS). Attachment 2265901
Nice! I didn’t realize you ordered another one, did you get the same scheme this time around? We’re you able to save your engine from the first one?
Old 12-10-2019, 06:28 AM
T3chDad

Originally Posted by camss69
Nice! I didn’t realize you ordered another one, did you get the same scheme this time around? We’re you able to save your engine from the first one?
I had to order a new one as the previous was a total loss back in August. The plan was to get the same scheme, but with purple instead of yellow...but that didn't work out. Somehow, the paint shop misinterpreted the attached pic and painted their stock purple scheme. Thus Randy Smith (a few posts back) was the beneficiary of that paint shop mistake. Dirk and company have been nothing but helpful throughout the process and have bent over backwards to keep me informed and happy. IMO, while this can be frustrating, I know this stuff is beyond PRCJ's control and is just something to chalk up to the language barrier and dealing with time differences and distances.

This time around, I told them to paint the entire thing black so I have a blank canvas to work my vinyl magic on.

The K85 was repaired and will be installed in this one.

Old 12-10-2019, 07:51 AM
Randy Smith

T3chDad, that looks very cool! Sorry that the paint shop screwed it up on you but I'm happy to have inherited the blunder. I would have preferred the Red/White scheme but due to the long delivery time, I'll take just about anything to get one of these in the air.

R
Old 12-10-2019, 01:38 PM
Afterburners

Well I got a email from PRCJ's with Chinapost tracking number last night around midnight. It's dated that it was scanned on 12/5 and shows departed export, "No tracking information available from the United States" . About 10:30 this morning I see a USPS mail truck back up my driveway and mailman says he has a large box and I need to sign. Box looked pretty good. Opened it up but didn't have time to start unwrapping(doing the brakes on the wife's car today). Taking a little break right now and checked the ChinaPost tracking number and it still shows it hasn't showed up in the states yet :-)
Old 12-10-2019, 02:58 PM
T3chDad

Congratulations Marty!
Old 12-10-2019, 05:05 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by T3chDad
Congratulations Marty!
Thanks.
Old 12-10-2019, 07:23 PM
Agrav8ed

I guess driving to another territory worked. I received my mini today.
Tone

Old 12-10-2019, 08:33 PM
Afterburners

Cool looks great. I ordered the red, white and black scheme without nomenclature. Dirk called me back when it was ready to ship in September and said they messed up and put it on. He offered to get it redone but I said forget about it. I guess I didn't look close enough and forgot about all the Kingtech nomenclature as well. Nothing against Kingtech but this plane is getting a JetCentral Bee 80 SE.
Old 12-11-2019, 06:33 AM
Tip22v

Received 31 Likes on 30 Posts

I guess driving to another territory worked. I received my mini today.
Tone

Very nice! Did you special request the yellow wing tips? Mine don’t have them, they are just blue. I’m thinking the yellow tips would help visibility a bit. -Tom
Old 12-11-2019, 06:49 AM
T3chDad

It's awesome to see that everyone is beginning to receive theirs. Name:  bang.gif
Views: 902
Size:  439 Bytes
Old 12-11-2019, 07:10 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Very nice! Did you special request the yellow wing tips? Mine don’t have them, they are just blue. I’m thinking the yellow tips would help visibility a bit. -Tom
Yes I did. I though it would help with visibility and I just like the look.
Tone
Old 12-11-2019, 08:35 AM
Tip22v

Yes I did. I though it would help with visibility and I just like the look.
Tone
Looks nice, I wish I had thought about it when ordering mine. Keep us posted on the maiden. -Tom
Old 12-11-2019, 08:43 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I agree the yellow wing tips look great.
Old 12-11-2019, 09:56 AM
Agrav8ed

Originally Posted by Tip22v
Looks nice, I wish I had thought about it when ordering mine. Keep us posted on the maiden. -Tom
Its winter here now in the Northeast. Very few nice days so I may be a moment
Tone
Old 12-11-2019, 01:52 PM
Tip22v

Originally Posted by Len Todd
I have the Mercury PBox and the Xicoy LGC15 installed in my larger T-1. I use the Mercury gyro on the three flight control surfaces and the LGC 15 operates the gear, brakes, nose door and steering. Works just fine. I have not seen any conflict with two gyros working on the steering, even with the Rudder and Steering channels mixed.

For a mini, I would probably not use a PBox. There is not a lot of room and the lighter you keep the plane the better. If it was mine, I would also opt for the lightest turbine that would still fly it. When we were working with one brought to us this past summer, I kind of thought maybe something smaller than an 85 would work better. Maybe a 60?? But I have not seen one with a smaller engine, either. From my experiences with one this past summer, this is just something I would be considering if I built a new one of my own.

The mini with any turbine systems in it has relatively high wing loading. When building it, I would pay particular attention to keeping it light. But, one place to add some weight is to beef up the gear mounts. Also pay particular attention to the CG. The plane is relatively unforgiving when the CG is off by much either way. Just my opinion after flying one a couple times, surviving 3 snaps and struggling for hours trying to get one lightened up and dialed in.

Also, ... In my opinion, it is NOT a trainer, by any means, no matter what anyone tells you. There are a lot of other jets out there that are much easier to fly, see and land, especially for a rookie!
I have two T1 Minis, one with a Mercury SRS/LG15, the other with a CB200/CortexPro/LG15. I agree there are other turbines easier to fly, I also know from experience that this aircraft will high speed stall if you get the CG too far aft with a lot of elevator throw. However, IMO I would not characterize the critical CG range as narrow, based on all the discussion on this thread around CG (and there is a lot) and my personal experience flying three different Minis I'd say the mini can fly safely within a fairly wide range of CG (at least 190mm - 210mm), but be warned that the further aft you go the easier it becomes to stall in a tight, high-speed turn. I also agree the mini has a fairly high wing loading, but unless you are flying a fixed gear, high wing trainer (e.g. ShockJet, Machjet etc.) most composite jets have fairly high wing loading (there are exceptions of course) so the Mini does not stand out as having an unusually high wing loading for this kind of jet. I will also say that even though the mini is fairly heavy (like most of these types of jets) it can be operated at smaller fields safely. I operate from a small field with only a 300' asphalt strip and I rarely use more than 200' to land. I agree it's always best practice to build as light as possible, however redundancy (for safety) is also a consideration, which is why I use a Mercury SRS in one of my minis (as well as my 2.2m T1). Yes, there are lighter methods to achieve electrical redundancy, all I'm saying is the T1 Mini will fly just fine with a Mercury SRS and LG15, and there is enough room for all of it. One other thing, if you do use a Mercury SRS you can disable the gyro output for the nose gear steering such that the LG 15 is not getting a gyro compensated input signal from the Mercury for nose steering. It took me a few flights before I figured this out, but once I disabled the gyro compensation on the nose steering output from the Mercury the ground handling seemed to improve a little but nothing dramatic. Regardless, I don't know why, but it just seems like it would not be a good idea to feed one gyro with the output of another gyro Good luck, keep us posted! -Tom
Old 12-11-2019, 02:41 PM
Randy Smith

Tom, Agreed. I was thinking that I would have the Mercury iGyro compensate only the primary flight surfaces and I would let the nose wheel be compensated by the LGC-15. This way you're not compensating an already compensated output.
Thanks for your overall thoughts on the Mini as well. Looking forward to getting mine in the air soon.

R

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.