Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Xicoy Telemetry and New Spektrum Telemetry RX

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Xicoy Telemetry and New Spektrum Telemetry RX

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2017, 03:25 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Xicoy Telemetry and New Spektrum Telemetry RX

So has any one used the new Spektrum Telemetry RX with the Xicoy telemetry moduel. I talked to Chris at Dreamworks and he was not sure if it works with the new RX's. I know you can not use the telemetry module with the new Turbine ECU's. My ECU is the Xicoy.
Thanks
Joe Lewis
Kingtech
K-80, K-140, K-180 Owner.
Old 11-30-2017, 10:42 PM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

I tried installing my xicoy adapter today on a 20310T with DX20. After using the auto configure tool in the transmitter, it knew the xicoy was there and auto calibrated telemetry to include the "turbine" menu but no data exchange. I was then told by a knowledgeable spektrum rep/ kingtech user that the new receivers are really not compatible with the new powersafe receivers, yet work fine on the older models. There is a way to "trick" the xicoy into working with the new receivers but it Is a highly inconvenient process that seems to be more trouble than its worth. (Must be done before every flight)

For the love of God, why cant we just have this stuff work correctly out of the box?! I mean we put a man on the moon 50 years ago, yet we cant get a damn tele module to work properly?! SMH to both xicoy and spektrum.
Old 11-30-2017, 11:59 PM
Gaspar

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello,
The problem with the new receivers is that they try to connect to the ecu before enabling the power to the servos. The ecu is not powered at this moment, so it doesn't send data to the RX, so the RX think that there is not ecu in the System. When the servos are powered, the ecu wake-up, but too late for the RX to detect it.
All the adapters sold since October, 15 have been modified to be used with the new receivers, if you have an older one, you can send it to us for Update at no charge. Please contact us at sales(at)xicoy.com before sending anything to us.

Gaspar
Old 12-01-2017, 10:44 AM
Spencer K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

hey gaspar,
great info. so glad there is a fix and you guys are willing to take care of the units... eureka!
time to order more...
Old 12-01-2017, 05:13 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Thank you for the info. I have not purchased the telemetry adapter yet. I won't be ready for a little bit longer. If I understand you correctly. The new ones form this point on will work.

Thank you
Joe