Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Dreamworks Jet Cat Service Awesome

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Dreamworks Jet Cat Service Awesome

Search this Thread

Old 03-05-2018, 08:19 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts
Default Dreamworks Jet Cat Service Awesome

Since we are praising good service, I have long complained about Jet Cat service. I always DREADED needing Jet Cat service in the past. It would take 6 months or so to turn around an engine.

I needed some service for my P200 after I dumb thumbed a jet and subsequently hurt my P200. When I was going to send it in to John Redman, Todd (from dreamworks) called and said to hold off a little longer before sending it in as there were going to be some changes at Jet Cat. I was disappointed that the current Jet Cat management did not disclose something like that. Especially after getting some really cool support from John in the past. He gave me an engine to fly at a jet meet when an engine of mine needed work. I was very appreciative of that.

And it would still take a long time to get an engine turn around.

Well, about a month ago, I decided it was "safe" enough to send my P200 in after all the changes. (Todd, we miss you man!)

Dreamworks has a slick form to fill out online to let them know that an engine is coming, they give you the address and you send the engine to Florida. With previous experience in mind, I put the engine in the mail and put it out of mind.

Then I started seeing emails about how they received the engine, then an estimate, then asking for permission to fix, then payment and then confirmation that it was sent! All in like 2 weeks! Wow! My P200 is 10 years old, so I thought maybe parts would be hard to get, but nope!

To add icing on the cake, my engine came back with a shiny new CNC'd compressor wheel! The old P200's had cast wheels.

In the past, getting an engine fixed usually meant lots of calls and cajoling and begging. But not anymore. Thanks Dreamworks!!

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5635.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	2257756
Old 03-05-2018, 10:30 AM
chrisansilver
My Feedback: (17)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The whole gang at DreamWorks and JetCat USA are top notch. Always great customer service.
Old 03-05-2018, 11:20 AM
SECRET AGENT
My Feedback: (18)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Glad to hear that. I've been passing on JetCat due to the repair horror stories. This news puts them back on the table for me.
Old 03-06-2018, 03:07 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

George has been doing a great job running the Jetcat operation.
Old 03-06-2018, 04:41 AM
two dogs
My Feedback: (12)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thumbs up jet cat

George always answers the phone and is very helpful for technical support.......turned around an old JC 160 in for 50 hour rebuild in 8 days

Thanks
Old 03-06-2018, 05:13 AM
luv2flyrc
My Feedback: (6)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

That's an awesome story Rav! Time to start looking at Jetcats again! Remember when that is all that anybody flew? I still have a P-120sx that runs sweet but, was always hesitant to buy anything newer.

Mike
Old 03-06-2018, 08:19 AM
Airforce7
My Feedback: (31)

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts

Yes I agree, the service is great now! I sent in a P-180RXi last year and was expecting to get it back like a month or two later thinking it was going to go back to Germany. It was repaired in less than two weeks and the new online status reporting is really nice. Glad to know that the service side of JetCat is running smoothly now and won't hesitate to send in my turbines the next time they need service.