Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Change is hard

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Change is hard

Search this Thread

Old 06-14-2018, 10:39 AM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Damage is done. RCG has way more classified action now than RCU, even on the jets classifieds. Have sold/purchased more than 10 items since April on RCG, NONE on RCU.
Old 06-14-2018, 10:44 AM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

I am sure the site managers can see the number of items listed in comparison to the past. Those people didn't stop selling. they just migrated to other sites.

B
Old 06-15-2018, 02:52 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by FalconWings
Damage is done. RCG has way more classified action now than RCU, even on the jets classifieds. Have sold/purchased more than 10 items since April on RCG, NONE on RCU.
same here nothing on rcu all my stuff went out to rcg,I don’t even look at the for sale ,,forums,, the worthless and extremely annoying to navigate,rcu was the best and now there just hire no one cares about it.
Old 06-15-2018, 09:27 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 59 Likes on 41 Posts

Since the changes here I have sold and bought one turbine..... On rcgroups..... There is very little being posted on rcu anymore and the search and category listings are still awful. You say more changes are coming in July.... kind of like trying to save a leg after the patient is dead at this point really.
Old 06-16-2018, 09:05 AM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Received 67 Likes on 54 Posts

I'd say that this website is on it's last legs. Forums have been getting less and less activity. I used to be able to spend a bunch of time here if I wanted on almost anything RC airplane related. It seems to me that things really started going downhill when the owners of this website got into a pissing match with Flying Giants. It got so bad that you could not even mention that website or heaven forbid, post a link. I think the Giant Scale Aerobatic forum is the first one I quit visiting.

Still, up until this Market Place fiasco, I came here everyday and started with the ads. Then went onto the forums which were gradually fading away when it came to participation and got removed from my favorites list. Since those changes, I've gotten down to where I only visited the Radio forum, this forum and the Pattern forum. I don't think there has been a new thread started in the Radio forum for almost a week so that's off my list. This forum has had a significant reduction in participation as has the Pattern forum.

So I spend a lot more time on RCGroups as others have mentioned and some on FG where as also noted, there are more Turbines showing up all the time. Sad to see the place go but when the Admin's won't accept what their "eyes" which they depend on for advertising, are telling them is wrong with the website, so they are no longer coming to the website.

JMHO....
Old 06-16-2018, 09:16 AM
Vettster

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ChemE

This is taken from RCG. Is this what the people of RC Universe want to become? Because we are there right now with the example of my previous post.

Sahag
You neglected to show how you are offering a low baller price. The OP is asking for $900 for a BRAND NEW Tx. I would ignore you too!
As for your comment.." is this what we want RCU to become? " LOL Do think that every person who ever posted and add on RCU replies? I've seen tons of people not reply on the OLD RCU Classified. https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/show...Y#post39690485

Your post is a bit ridiculous to say the least. + with a total of 16 post(ALL in this thread) Im sure you were a real contributor here (giant rolling eyes)

Last edited by Vettster; 06-16-2018 at 10:26 AM.
Old 06-18-2018, 03:50 PM
ChemE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

If you read carefully, I never made an offer on the DX20. I used this thread to show the ridiculous back and fourth that this site has become. Previously you made an offer and it was accepted or rejected. If you enjoy asking if a product is still available and you have time for this crap, I wish you luck as it is a free country with no malice intended. But if you really cared for this site you would agree that it now has little value.
Old 06-18-2018, 04:37 PM
Vettster

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats! you now have 17 post.
Old 06-18-2018, 07:38 PM
ChemE

Sorry you are taking my comments personally.

BTW nice scratch built on the WtJet. You must have spent a great deal of time on it. The pictures were nice and very informative. I am just tooling up right now to be able to scratch build my own planes. I have a lot to learn.

Sahag
Old 07-08-2018, 05:41 PM
Viper1GJ
My Feedback: (20)

Received 330 Likes on 217 Posts

Is there any way to post seller ratings after the add is gone after the sale. I can't find anything. After the add is gone there is no way to rate the seller.
Old 07-09-2018, 08:42 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is the listing completely gone? You should be able to search for closed and sold listings, there's a filter for it.
Old 07-11-2018, 04:21 PM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

You used to be able to go to thread tools and display all attachments in the thread, looks like that’s gone now? Does anybody know if there’s still a way you can do that? It was really nice when you knew there was a pic somewhere in a 1,000 page thread but weren’t sure which page it was on.

I also HATE how at least on mobile devices (which is what I use 99.9% of the time) that the pages just run on and on as you scroll, does anybody know if there’s a way to turn that off?
Old 07-12-2018, 07:46 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by camss69
You used to be able to go to thread tools and display all attachments in the thread, looks like that’s gone now? Does anybody know if there’s still a way you can do that? It was really nice when you knew there was a pic somewhere in a 1,000 page thread but weren’t sure which page it was on.

I also HATE how at least on mobile devices (which is what I use 99.9% of the time) that the pages just run on and on as you scroll, does anybody know if there’s a way to turn that off?
The attachments are now gone, pictures are just embedded in the actual post now.

You can disable infinite scroll. Go into your User CP > Edit Options > and scroll down to "Thread Display Options" there will be a box where you can disable infinite scroll.
Old 07-12-2018, 09:51 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by IBThomas
The attachments are now gone, pictures are just embedded in the actual post now.

You can disable infinite scroll. Go into your User CP > Edit Options > and scroll down to "Thread Display Options" there will be a box where you can disable infinite scroll.
Awesome thanks!
Old 03-06-2019, 09:44 AM
LGM Graphix

Ok I give up on the classifieds. There have been multiple items of interest that I want to look at only to click the item and get a message that it is an invalid link. This was explained as a new member cannot post to the classifieds. Except they can. They can create the ad and post it and its visible right up until somebody clicks on it. Then you cant see anything.

why bother letting it post at all if it cant be opened. This was an issue months ago and is yet another issue completely ignored.
Old 03-06-2019, 10:44 AM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix
Ok I give up on the classifieds. There have been multiple items of interest that I want to look at only to click the item and get a message that it is an invalid link. This was explained as a new member cannot post to the classifieds. Except they can. They can create the ad and post it and its visible right up until somebody clicks on it. Then you cant see anything.

why bother letting it post at all if it cant be opened. This was an issue months ago and is yet another issue completely ignored.
The problem is probably that the ad needs to be moderated and hasn't been yet. We're working on fixing this issue to make sure that threads that need moderation do not end up in the marketplace.
Old 03-07-2019, 06:11 AM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

The best of rcuniverse was the possibility of live hidden and private offer that was automatically viable to the seler and if he accepted the invoice derect to PayPal link and the rest with address and the rest you know that was the best future of rcuniverse and very unique to make this site the best ,now it's just very annoying way to purchase usually ended with public posting of privately own cell phone number so the party could communicate and make the purchase truth the conversation,because the purchase tools are useless!!!!!!!!!!!!!! My 1 cent .
Old 03-07-2019, 09:37 AM
mongo
My Feedback: (15)

Received 80 Likes on 70 Posts

agreed
Old 03-07-2019, 10:16 AM
patrnflyr
My Feedback: (7)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

My issue appears on my iPhone and iPad. Dozens of photos and ads have pop ups coming from all directions so you have to wait 30 seconds or so for everything to stop dancing around all over the screen. Ridiculous. I’m going to try and stick it out though as RCU for a decade was the ”go to” website for jets.

Last edited by patrnflyr; 03-07-2019 at 10:30 AM.
Old 03-07-2019, 10:32 AM
LGM Graphix

Originally Posted by IBThomas
The problem is probably that the ad needs to be moderated and hasn't been yet. We're working on fixing this issue to make sure that threads that need moderation do not end up in the marketplace.
the problem is that these issues have been going on for a year now and they arent being corrected. One only needs to go read the ads to see that sellers arent getting notifications about messages and potential buyers are being overlooked. This isn't a case of poor sellers it's a poor system of doing things. I brought up this very issue of ads that end up saying invalid link months ago. You say now that its likely a post that hasn't been moderated yet. If that is the case why is it taking weeks before they are looked at.
in the last 6 months I have bought 5 turbines and sold 2, not a single one has been done through RCU and this USED to be the place I looked first and preferred to deal with. There are sections in the classifieds that were always far busier than now. Its truthfully pretty evident that the admin here simply doesn't care. RCUniverse has quickly become RCUselessverse for many things that it used to excel in. Very disappointing.
Old 03-07-2019, 11:03 AM
Vettdriver

Unfortunately I agree.

As a result of the changes the usage has dropped. Less usage means less inventory......... Less inventory means less usage........

I have purchased 2 airframes and a turbine in the last 90 days. I conducted all three of these transactions on other sites as well.

The only reason I'm even on RCU right now is because I got a post notification on this thread ....SMH
Old 03-07-2019, 04:02 PM
IBThomas
RETIRED; DO NOT PM

Originally Posted by patrnflyr
My issue appears on my iPhone and iPad. Dozens of photos and ads have pop ups coming from all directions so you have to wait 30 seconds or so for everything to stop dancing around all over the screen. Ridiculous. I’m going to try and stick it out though as RCU for a decade was the ”go to” website for jets.
Are you using the full, desktop site on your Iphone or Ipad? If you're using the mobile, you should be able to avoid these issues.
Old 03-07-2019, 04:23 PM
T3chDad

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

My post got removed and I received a PM telling me not to offer better places on their site. I know this is a private site and therefore I understand they can management how they see fit...no argument there. One thing I didn't state in my post was that while I thought it was time to move on, I don't want to move on. I've been a member a long time. While I'm not a posting fiend here, I have enjoyed the site. I probably came on too strong, but I just hate to see it decline so much and continue to do so IMO. I don't wish to be banned, suspended, or otherwise, so this is the last I'll say on the subject. Sorry if I offended or crossed a line. I won't be that guy anymore.
Old 03-07-2019, 09:30 PM
LGM Graphix

What's sad is there was a time rcu didn't have to remove posts and send messages telling people they can't mention the other sites because rcu was already the best. Now they've made their changes and are feeling threatened by the other sites because they have to be able to see that the marketplace is failing compared to what it used to be. It's extremely disappointing.
Old 03-08-2019, 04:20 AM
jonkoppisch
My Feedback: (162)

Yep, still miss the old rcu classifieds... newer should be better but this was at least 5 steps back

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.