Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Can you help

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Can you help

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2018, 06:28 PM
flyingpiggy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can you help

I'm looking for some retract parts for my new Falcon 120 turbine model. I have a set of used Dreamworks retracts that were produced for this model but there is a fault with one of the rams. Dreamworks no longer sell those retracts so I doubt that there will be any spares.
Does anyone have an old set of these retracts gathering dust on a shelf somewhere or perhaps still screwed into a crashed airframe?? I would be keen to buy them and pay for freight.

Regards
Dave
Christchurch
New Zealand
Old 07-22-2018, 07:08 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Check with Sierra Giant
Old 07-24-2018, 12:40 PM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Would some robart 630's (or similar) work?
Old 07-24-2018, 01:19 PM
Kevin_W
My Feedback: (1)

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Can you post some pics and dimensions?
I never owned that specific model, but I have a bunch of old retracts and parts laying around and I "might" have something that can be made to work.
Old 07-26-2018, 03:13 AM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

A friend recently had a landing accident that smashed the nose of his China Cat and we have deemed it to be not repairable..(at least without a major hassle and weight gain). Replacement fuselages are not avilable.
The remainder of the airframe and the main landing gear units survived, but the nose strut has a broken pin. No big deal. He has a spare pin.
I understand that the Falcon 120 and the China Cat are basically the same airframe, so the LG should fit .
I will contact him today and inform him of your need. I would bet he would sell the entire thing to you so you could have some more spare parts..
Old 07-26-2018, 08:40 AM
wfield0455
My Feedback: (7)

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by flyingpiggy
I'm looking for some retract parts for my new Falcon 120 turbine model. I have a set of used Dreamworks retracts that were produced for this model but there is a fault with one of the rams. Dreamworks no longer sell those retracts so I doubt that there will be any spares.
Does anyone have an old set of these retracts gathering dust on a shelf somewhere or perhaps still screwed into a crashed airframe?? I would be keen to buy them and pay for freight.

Regards
Dave
Christchurch
New Zealand
When you say "one of the rams" do you mean the air cylinder ? In any event if it's part of the actual retract unit as opposed to the gear leg, their retract assemblies were typically common units based on aircraft weight /size such as the Taurus, etc, simply with different gear legs for specific aircraft models. If you need something like a trunion or air cylinder, those parts are probably still available from Dreamworks.
Old 07-26-2018, 05:02 PM
Harley Condra
My Feedback: (4)

The geat set will set you back $100.00 USD plus shipping to NZ. Let me know if you want them.