Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

When your jet is talking to you

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

When your jet is talking to you

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2018, 08:08 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Up date report.

The ECU is now set up the correct way thanks to the info posted above, I tested it by turning off the radio and it's all good now.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:38 PM
FalconWings
My Feedback: (57)

Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts

Many years ago I was flying my BARF and noticed the roll rate was kind of extra sluggish on low rates.
So....I went to high rates to make up for it.

Flew it the rest of the day on high rates. During cleaning and disassembly, I quickly noticed that the right wing aileron bottom surface had completely delaminated. Only the control horn was still in place.

​​​​Airframe survived but I had to buy a new wing. $700 aileron. 😁
Old 10-18-2018, 07:46 PM
CARS II

Last edited by CARS II; 10-18-2018 at 08:00 PM.
Old 10-18-2018, 07:48 PM
CARS II

Man oh Man!
My jet still talking to me, on my last test flight it all went well, before I turned off the engine I did two run ups to max rpms to check the pump PW, PW was fine on the first run up and down, on the second run up the engine quit with a GSU massage, Rx power fail, the radio batts are two LIFE 2100 fairly new, were fully charged before the flight, are still good and holding a charge, two switches which are undamaged, I have a power expander box from a vendor that no longer exist, it's about 10 years old, I decided to replace all the extentions, all the wires and will be removing the box, the less the better, I'm hopping this change will get all the gremlins out of the Boomer's systems, KISS it.

Cost to replace the extensions, about $40, way cheaper than replacing an entire Boomerang XL and all the accessories + engine.

Last edited by CARS II; 10-18-2018 at 08:03 PM.