Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Futaba 32 coming.

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Futaba 32 coming.

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2019, 02:56 PM
kelly vallee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Old 07-12-2019, 11:39 PM
bem
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Nice with Model ID (Model match), but it works only with FASSTest and T-FHSS protocols.
/Bo
Old 07-13-2019, 03:56 AM
Afterburners

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

Did they even add text to speech? I don't see it in the manual. From day one of getting my 18 I was hoping they would add a talking timer function. I just spent ten days at Kentucky jets and was joking with another 18mz user. How can you tell if there's a Futaba 18mz user at the flight line? He's the one holding his radio to the side asking his spotter how much time he has left on his timer.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:53 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Afterburners
Did they even add text to speech? I don't see it in the manual. From day one of getting my 18 I was hoping they would add a talking timer function. I just spent ten days at Kentucky jets and was joking with another 18mz user. How can you tell if there's a Futaba 18mz user at the flight line? He's the one holding his radio to the side asking his spotter how much time he has left on his timer.
That was one of my biggest pet peeves. I read through the manual looking for the talking timer and it's not there. They have talking telemetry but yet they can't make the damn timer talk. Yeah I know it's a little thing, but come on
Old 07-13-2019, 09:30 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by sirrom
That was one of my biggest pet peeves. I read through the manual looking for the talking timer and it's not there. They have talking telemetry but yet they can't make the damn timer talk. Yeah I know it's a little thing, but come on
Yeah, this radio is a feeble attempt at what I don't know! It barely outdoes the 18. Futaba has taken the "planned obsolescence" business model to a whole new level!

Last edited by Afterburners; 07-13-2019 at 07:27 PM.
Old 07-13-2019, 06:22 PM
[email protected]

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

They have taken the Camera away too. It was so handy to import a picture of your plane onto the Main Screen. Dan
Old 07-13-2019, 07:09 PM
RonTins

Originally Posted by [email protected]
They have taken the Camera away too. It was so handy to import a picture of your plane onto the Main Screen. Dan
I guess I'll be hanging onto my 18MZ until it falls apart.
Old 07-14-2019, 01:11 AM
bem

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It seems it is not that many feature reasons for people that already has a T18MZ to upgrade to T32MZ, if comparing the just the features.
For people that needs a new radio for various reasons, like present radio is getting too old, a T32MZ should probably be rather tempting I guess.
The T18MZ has been on the market for about 8 years now, the T32MZ will be on the market maybe similar time into the future.
It is tougher competitions today from other brands in the price, feature etc segement the T32MZ is in.
I'm sure the T32MZ is a great radio and will have quality that Futaba is known for but I think it has no new revolutinary features or "wow" features that place it well ahead of the other radios in this segment. I can think of about a handful of useful features it lacks that other radios has.
Maybe some missing features can be added by new software (firmware) in the future, like speech/voice (read out) of timers count up or down (read out of like "1 minute", "2 minute", etc). At least on 18SZ Futaba was able to add "Speech" to timer in one software upgrade (I believe it was in 3.0), but same thing has not been added to 18MZ so far. For 18MZ You can make a custom sound recording of a countdown timer and save it as WMA file (music file) and using the player. You turn on/off this custom timer music file with a switch. I suppose that is the way T32MZ users have to solve it also.

/Bo
Old 07-15-2019, 04:20 AM
Andika

Originally Posted by AEROSHELDON
I don't fly Jeti now... But if I did I would call Danny at Aeropanda. That is where I got my Jet Central and he is awesome. You don't have to go to ZB.
ZB is the sole importer and service center in the USA... one way or another your money goes into his bank account $$$
Old 07-15-2019, 06:53 AM
sirrom
My Feedback: (4)

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Andika
ZB is the sole importer and service center in the USA... one way or another your money goes into his bank account $$$
OK fine. You have your opinion about ZB and so do others. I particularly don't like the way he is on the forums, but I am interested in how the product he sells can make my hobby more enjoyable. I have been with futaba since I was stationed in Japan in the early 90's when I sold my Kraft equipment and went to futaba and for such a great product they have really done nothing to improve their flagship products to compete. I know it's petty to ***** so much about a talking timer, but it's the little things in life that mean the most to people. This is something they have continued to drop the ball on and I have had enough. I seriously was considering the 32, but after reading through the manual. Not anymore. I think I am going to convert my first jet over to Jeti and see how it goes from there.

Sorry don't mean to take away from the discussion about the 32mz and by no means am I trying to sway anyone to Jeti. I am just speaking about my personal experiences and what I am going to do. Who knows I may convert a jet over and hate flying with the transmitter..

Patrick

Last edited by sirrom; 07-15-2019 at 07:11 AM.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:59 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by sirrom
OK fine. You have your opinion about ZB and so do others. I particularly don't like the way he is on the forums, but I am interested in how the product he sells can make my hobby more enjoyable. I have been with futaba since I was stationed in Japan in the early 90's when I sold my Kraft equipment and went to futaba and for such a great product they have really done nothing to improve their flagship products to compete. I know it's petty to ***** so much about a talking timer, but it's the little things in life that mean the most to people. This is something they have continued to drop the ball on and I have had enough. I seriously was considering the 32, but after reading through the manual. Not anymore. I think I am going to convert my first jet over to Jeti and see how it goes from there.

Sorry don't mean to take away from the discussion about the 32mz and by no means am I trying to sway anyone to Jeti. I am just speaking about my personal experiences and what I am going to do. Who knows I may convert a jet over and hate flying with the transmitter..

Patrick
Agree with you completely. I could get past all the bs with zb chiming in where he shouldn't. What I still have an issue with his him blowing off my friend off at KY jets 2016 when he showed him that his DS-16 had condensation in the screen to the point of being unreadable for over a half hour at the field. He told him not to worry about it! The radio was still under warranty. You can search " jeti ds 16 moisture in display" in google and click on the second thread titled "jeti dc24" . On page 8 you can see pictures I took. He should have been handed a new radio from ZB when he showed him the pictures.. So my issue is with their customer service or lack of it. The European MO is, it's always the customers fault why somethings not working right.
Old 07-15-2019, 05:46 PM
ZB

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Agree with you completely. I could get past all the bs with zb chiming in where he shouldn't. What I still have an issue with his him blowing off my friend off at KY jets 2016 when he showed him that his DS-16 had condensation in the screen to the point of being unreadable for over a half hour at the field. He told him not to worry about it! The radio was still under warranty. You can search " jeti ds 16 moisture in display" in google and click on the second thread titled "jeti dc24" . On page 8 you can see pictures I took. He should have been handed a new radio from ZB when he showed him the pictures.. So my issue is with their customer service or lack of it. The European MO is, it's always the customers fault why somethings not working right.
Unfortunately if we can defy the laws of physics we would. Your friend were told that due to recent rain and very high humidity it might happened and there is NOTHING we can do about it. It's called condensation, simply aluminum case stays longer cold and LCD black cover with LCD screen heat on the sun faster, sometimes the condensation is unfortunate effect. Your friend were ALSO TOLD just open case and let humidity escape, there is nothing else that can be done.

And NOTHING else will fix it because there is NOTHING to fix, and by the way do not worry your radio has 2 year warranty. But it does not matter because we suck anyway :-(
Old 07-15-2019, 06:36 PM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by ZB
Unfortunately if we can defy the laws of physics we would. Your friend were told that due to recent rain and very high humidity it might happened and there is NOTHING we can do about it. It's called condensation, simply aluminum case stays longer cold and LCD black cover with LCD screen heat on the sun faster, sometimes the condensation is unfortunate effect. Your friend were ALSO TOLD just open case and let humidity escape, there is nothing else that can be done.

And NOTHING else will fix it because there is NOTHING to fix, and by the way do not worry your radio has 2 year warranty. But it does not matter because we suck anyway :-(
ZB, let's be honest here. If this was normal when there was high humidity and rain, Jeti would be out of business already as you would be getting tons of calls every spring from Jeti owners throughout many parts of the country/world and word would get around. There were a small number of users who had this issue and it wasn't handled correctly IMO. When your radio is unusable at the field because you can't see the screen for about a half hour, that's a problem. If you don't think so, then that's a problem.
Old 07-15-2019, 07:54 PM
Andika

He should have been handed a new radio from ZB when he showed him the pictures.. So my issue is with their customer service or lack of it.
I don't give any seller a second chance. either I would have switched over to another brand or bought it from europe with no FCC label.
first off, he is the distributor the one who makes a lot of money $$$ (unlike the small local dealers)
second, he has spares in stock and he is the responsible for sending the faulty radio back to europe if necessary at his own expenses
but oh wait.... his first priority is saving that shipping cost and losing a loyal customer.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showpost.php?p=32384484&postcount=108

Last edited by Andika; 07-15-2019 at 07:57 PM.
Old 08-21-2019, 08:59 AM
jseppanen

Futaba F3A team pilots and their impressions on the video. English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/Y4kqz_UOjzo

Few screenshots from the video. Ordering a set!

Old 08-21-2019, 09:17 AM
Afterburners

Originally Posted by jseppanen
Futaba F3A team pilots and their impressions on the video. English subtitles.

https://youtu.be/Y4kqz_UOjzo

Few screenshots from the video. Ordering a set!

Well that was certainly disappointing. I saw they were up for preorder on Chief Aircraft. 3K.....what a bargain🤔
Old 08-21-2019, 10:00 AM
[email protected]

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

I am non impressed, First of all I do not speak Japanese. You want to sell these in the US? Then speak English.

You take away the camera, and do not enable the count down timer? Your are still using 2048 resolution too.

I have over 100 planes, including 9 Turbine Jets and they are all on Futaba 2.4 too. Then I have to use a bunch of modules to get the full 32 channels?

Any new 32 channel receivers in the works?

Daniel Metz
President of the CVRCCLUB
Home of the Coachella Jet Jam
Old 08-21-2019, 10:08 AM
Auburn02

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jseppanen
Nice choice of screenshots.
Old 08-22-2019, 03:52 AM
Andika

I have over 100 planes, including 9 Turbine Jets and they are all on Futaba 2.4 too. Then I have to use a bunch of modules to get the full 32 channels?

Any new 32 channel receivers in the works?
http://www.rcuniverse.com/forum/rc-j...-jetpower.html
Old 11-04-2019, 06:15 PM
[email protected]

Default 32mz

I am very disapointed with the 32 mz... i was planing to buy it but as much i try to see if it woth it i cant find a excused to make the effort. I own a 18sz

i will like to know how are the sales so far of the 32mz.. if they are as they expected for the futaba company....
hope that all the coments and the reaction in sales make them do something to inprove there radio amd take them to the next level... wifi.. bluetooth....beter telemetry and more

i will like to know what will hapend with futaba 32mz relese after the new ix20 from spectrum was realese with all those nice gadets...

hope to read more coment of the people that bought already the radio 32mz
frank
Old 11-04-2019, 06:28 PM
Afterburners

I am very disapointed with the 32 mz... i was planing to buy it but as much i try to see if it woth it i cant find a excused to make the effort. I own a 18sz

i will like to know how are the sales so far of the 32mz.. if they are as they expected for the futaba company....
hope that all the coments and the reaction in sales make them do something to inprove there radio amd take them to the next level... wifi.. bluetooth....beter telemetry and more

i will like to know what will hapend with futaba 32mz relese after the new ix20 from spectrum was realese with all those nice gadets...

hope to read more coment of the people that bought already the radio 32mz
frank
Futaba should be embarrassed with this latest release. If I didn't know any better, I would think they need an excuse to shutdown their rc division when they sell maybe a few hundred of these worldwide.
Old 11-04-2019, 09:22 PM
Springbok Flyer

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts

The 32MZ is a joke, a very expensive joke.
Old 11-04-2019, 10:30 PM
Carsten Groen

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Springbok Flyer
The 32MZ is a joke, a very expensive joke.
That was (almost) exactly my words at booth of the "Futaba" guys at JetPower this year, and to my surprise, they agreed with me that it was a "thin cup of tea".
I told them that this is probably the last "high end" transmitter Futaba is going to make....
Such a pity
Old 11-05-2019, 01:08 AM
jescardin

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Somebody here is wrong or just lies.....

As far as I know there are waiting list for the 32MZ both in Europe and USA. For the Spanish market which is the one I know, radios shipped on October sold out and those expected for November and December are already reserved so anyone wanting one here has to wait till, at least, end of January.

Figures are not so big in Spain, but you have to count around 20-25 of these radios from October till December. Sure counting Jeti and Core radios together during this time, here in Spain, they do not get even to 8-10 units.

I think then it most depends on different markets, as from my home one it should be other brands which had to be worried about keeping open their production line. Did you know an agreement is being drawn between Power Box and Multiplex for widening the sales market for the Core to brick modelshops?

Best Regards
Old 11-05-2019, 01:32 AM
Andika

I don't think Futaba engineers are retardeds they are well aware of the competitors offering.
this hobby for Horizon Hobby, Jeti, JR Propo or Powerbox is the main source of income so they need so sell a better product at a lower price.
as for sales volume it's not that high but it's high enough to keep production running.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.