Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Retract Controllers

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Retract Controllers

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2019, 11:53 AM
tagman1

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Retract Controllers

Will one company's retract controller work with a different company's retracts, or are the controllers speciffic to a certain set, or brand.
Old 05-25-2019, 01:48 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

I’m using the Xicoy LG15 with my JP Retract’s.....as far as I know it has to be unlock, you can get them from pacific jet or directly from Xicoy...if it was Prolink type gear then the setting are lock. You need to adjust amps for each motors since they could be different.
Old 05-25-2019, 06:08 PM
Len Todd

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

I have the LGC 15 on Pro-link and also on my T-one's OEM Gear. The trick is to get an LGC 15 that is open to programming the gear's current limits. As mentioned above, the ones for PacificRC are open. But Gaspar can help you open one up that is locked with a different program. One thing though there is no voltage regulator in the 15. You may have to add a VR depending on the power source's voltage and the gear's voltage limits.

Now, I assume you are talking electric gear. The LGC 15 has proportional braking based on a gyro. If the nose starts going off-center the power is reduced on the offending brake to steer the plane back on course. It also steers the nose wheel to compensate too. I have tried several BCs and this is the first one that brakes evenly. I tried one LGC15 and then put another one in the Ultra Flash which also was a real brake dancer. No more brake dancing even when you bring the UF in hot.
Old 05-25-2019, 07:26 PM
FenderBean

Received 79 Likes on 52 Posts

I just got some 15s in this last week, let me know if I can help. Cheers
www.jetsmuntusa.com