Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

BVM Bandit EVO - looking for information

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

BVM Bandit EVO - looking for information

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2019, 05:53 AM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
Default BVM Bandit EVO - looking for information

Hi
I saw a new BVM Bandit Evo fly this past weekend at a local event and really liked it.
It's about the right size for my next jet, but I can't seem to find a lot of information or reviews online, perhaps since it's fairly new?
I would be flying off grass and not interested in top speed, just a nice flying sport jet in the 2m size (easy for me to transport)
If anyone has any experience with the Bandit Evo, I'm hoping it gets posted here.
Thanks
Old 07-31-2019, 07:21 AM
ravill
My Feedback: (11)

Received 90 Likes on 72 Posts

Having flown many bandits, and with the Evo being even lighter, I bet it flies amazing!

And with pretty much all the building is done for you, it’ll be a winner. And it will do 200 mph all day long with likely any turbine you power it with.

The only “funny” thing about bandits is that they like to come in nose level to a little down with a nice and gentle flare for touchdown.

Bandits are the scalpel of the sky. They fly super precise! I love them!
Old 08-01-2019, 11:20 PM
Doug Cronkhite
My Feedback: (34)

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I've flown the BVM Blue Angels EVF Evo, as well as a customer's EVO with a Kingtech K-100 in it.. It absolutely DOES NOT need any more power than this.. Fantastic airplane like all Bandits are.. The only place the EVF gives anything up to the turbine power is really the flight duration.. I flew 5 minutes with the EVF, where I can get a solid 8 out of the turbine version. The EVO is a new PNP airplane built in Florida.. Ravi is right.. it definitely flies lighter than the Super Bandits I've owned in the past. Approach is flown in a level attitude, but everything else is the same.. control altitude with power, and airspeed with elevator.. Then smoothly reduce power to idle just before the flare and it'll settle into a nose-high touchdown. Where I see people get into trouble with ALL variations of the Bandit is when they try to land too fast and force it on the ground.

Here's a link to the EVO's page if you want to see more info..

BVM Bandit EVO

Last edited by Doug Cronkhite; 08-01-2019 at 11:22 PM.
Old 08-02-2019, 12:03 AM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

RCJi a couple of issues ago had a comprehensive review...
Old 08-02-2019, 04:52 PM
ltc
My Feedback: (3)

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
RCJi a couple of issues ago had a comprehensive review...
Is that magazine available on this side of the pond?
Old 08-02-2019, 09:43 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

Yes, of course. Electronically also. There is an RCJi thread on RCU Jets....