Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Havoc SS CG

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Havoc SS CG

Old 02-15-2020, 08:52 AM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Havoc SS CG

Hey Havoc SS owners, I'm not a big FaceBook guy and I know there is a build page, As I poorly navigate through FB and information from another forum is found to be .5" to 1.5" behind the back edge of the wing tube. For some planes this is a crazy variance and will affect flight perfomance significantly. The .5” to 1.5” values are coming from reputable fliers, so what do I get at .5” compared to 1.5"

Thanks for reading and any information

Angus

Last edited by AngusMc; 02-15-2020 at 04:19 PM.
Old 02-16-2020, 10:35 AM
jetpilot
My Feedback: (48)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The CG feel is different for everyone. I like to pull a 45 and it not drop. I like to roll inverted and not need much push. very neutral. Some people are completely different and like different feel. To each his own. We started at a CG of back of wing tube and have gradually made it out to 1.5". 1.5" feels great to me but could feel sensitive on elevator to others. With the cortex and 1.5" I love it. Start at .5" behind and see what you like.
Scott
Old 02-16-2020, 11:06 AM
AngusMc
My Feedback: (1)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks for the reply Scott,

Angus
Old 02-16-2020, 12:48 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by jetpilot View Post
The CG feel is different for everyone. I like to pull a 45 and it not drop. I like to roll inverted and not need much push. very neutral. Some people are completely different and like different feel. To each his own. We started at a CG of back of wing tube and have gradually made it out to 1.5". 1.5" feels great to me but could feel sensitive on elevator to others. With the cortex and 1.5" I love it. Start at .5" behind and see what you like.
Scott
Scott, What’s your setup on the CortexPro....is it pretty high gain?