Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Electron struts or Aiebeast?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Electron struts or Aiebeast?

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2020, 09:33 PM
MarkF

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Default Electron struts or Aiebeast?

I'm building a T1 jet and using Electron retracts. But some of the guys are saying I should get Airbeast struts to go with the Electron retracts. Are Airbeast struts better or are the Electron struts just as good?
Old 02-24-2020, 10:01 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 733 Likes on 529 Posts

Electron struts are made to the highest standards in the best alloy available. The only reason could be spring dampening, Electron tend to be firmer

Old 02-25-2020, 03:40 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by MarkF
I'm building a T1 jet and using Electron retracts. But some of the guys are saying I should get Airbeast struts to go with the Electron retracts. Are Airbeast struts better or are the Electron struts just as good?
Electron.....I just installed those on my T-1 And Mini T-1, if I can help it...I will not have anything but electron on my jet from now on...
Old 02-25-2020, 08:27 AM
MarkF

Thanks guys for chiming in. It sure would make it easier to just stay with Electron all the way. A local here has the T1 with Electron gear and Airbeast struts and he says he really likes that combo.
Old 02-25-2020, 08:29 AM
Dansy

Thanks guys for chiming in. It sure would make it easier to just stay with Electron all the way. A local here has the T1 with Electron gear and Airbeast struts and he says he really likes that combo.
Sure but unless you already have those legs why...

Also did he try the Electron legs? What he didn’t like?...the newer one are very nice with the knee adjustment..
Old 02-25-2020, 08:40 AM
MarkF

I haven't ordered anything yet but think I will just stay with Electron all the way. I was going to just order the JP retracts from PRCJ when I ordered the T1 but after reading in the T1 threads I think I want to go with Electron even though the JP retracts might be fine.
Old 02-25-2020, 10:57 AM
Dansy

JP retract was fine at the beginning, but I started having problems last year...middle of the second season....change some parts was working then broke again...I give up on it....while in my mini, which is now Electron as well I have had zero problems......I also have problem with my Turbo Prop, nose gear wouldn’t come down.....cost me a shaft and prop on the TP that was very expensive....at point it was clear I was changing all my planes to electron...no matter what...

All I can say, some don’t have any problems so do.....one thing for sure the brakes are terrible on the JP, but I could live with that with the addition (more money) in installing the LG15.....just a money pit LOL
Old 02-25-2020, 11:19 AM
camss69
My Feedback: (46)

Received 66 Likes on 52 Posts

I’ve held off buying the Electron gear until I get confirmation that my T1 has shipped.... which at this point who knows when that will be. Is there any dampening with the Electron gear or is it only the spring?
Old 02-25-2020, 11:29 AM
Dansy

humm....Spring is dampening...LOL spring on the main Oleo on the front...

Old 02-25-2020, 11:42 AM
MarkF

I just ordered mine and was told it will be 3 to 4 months at least. I'm ok with that and will start ordering parts for my jet so I have everything when it does get here. I know the corona virus has keep workers from going back to work so it's going to take a little longer because of that too. I'm not in a hurry and will be pleasantly surprised when it get here.
Old 02-25-2020, 01:10 PM
Dansy

I just ordered mine and was told it will be 3 to 4 months at least. I'm ok with that and will start ordering parts for my jet so I have everything when it does get here. I know the corona virus has keep workers from going back to work so it's going to take a little longer because of that too. I'm not in a hurry and will be pleasantly surprised when it get here.
for the jet?
Old 02-25-2020, 03:37 PM
MarkF

Yes he said 12 weeks at least so I'm giving myself some headroom lol. Now that it's ordered I'm going to forget I ordered it and be surprised when it shows up. For now I'm ordering everything for it so I have it before it gets here. I was going to order the JP gear for $725. but when you figure in he gives you a $300. discount if you order the jet without gear and add that to the $725. and you now are paying what the Electron gear cost. So now I feel good about going the Electron route
Old 02-25-2020, 10:01 PM
CARS II
My Feedback: (7)

Received 123 Likes on 106 Posts

Does anyone knows where to get parts for the Airbeast retracts?