Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

T1 models Hawk

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

T1 models Hawk

Old 09-03-2020, 06:05 AM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 43 Likes on 42 Posts

Back to the Hawk - Nice Jet! The size at a 160n turbine is great too.
Old 10-22-2021, 01:55 PM
Fins

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just ordered a T1 Hawk (short nose) from Dirk a couple weeks ago in the T-45 Tigers scheme. Am looking for any assembly, pre-flight checkout, or flight recommendations. I have a T1 sport jet with a K160G2 so am familiar with that jet and T1's quality. Looking at using Savox SA-1230 servos for flaps and SA-1256 servos for all other surfaces, as they have worked well for me on the T1 sport jet. Looking at K140 turbine (the airfield I fly at is 5300 ft), but probably won't buy until next spring. Since I have not seen any posts of CG and control throws, is there a brief manual with the Hawk with recommendations? Surprised there has not been any activity on this thread for over a year!
Old 10-22-2021, 03:57 PM
alfa1023
My Feedback: (5)

Fins,

If you go to the T-One website (not the Pacific Jets website. The actual T-One website) you can download their "build manual". Not much included, but it does give you the recommended CG and I think recommended throws. I set mine at that CG and it is dead on.

The K140 is fine for power. I wouldn't go any smaller and actually would go with a 160 if I was building again just for the reserve power.

If you have any specific questions when you start the build, PM me and I would be happy to give you my two cents worth.

You will love the plane. It looks great and flies great.

Jim
Old 10-22-2021, 04:02 PM
emart

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would go with the 160 especially if you fly off grass here are a few videos of the long nose and short nose that we have been flying CG per manual then adjust to your liking all of us have the CG moved back a little from factory

Old 10-23-2021, 12:23 PM
Fins

Thanks for the tip on the T-One manual. Found it on the T-One site! And thanks for the videos. Looks like a great flyer. I'll be back when I get the Hawk delivered, probably January.
Old 11-17-2021, 08:25 PM
shrek514
My Feedback: (1)

Hey guys does it fly any differently with the missiles on the wings or is it still a great flyer with the drag on the wings
Old 11-19-2021, 11:36 AM
alfa1023
My Feedback: (5)

Shrek,

I fly mine with the rockets and drop tanks on. No noticeable difference in flying characteristics.

Adding the drop tanks did change my CG slightly. I had to add a couple oz of lead towards the front of the plane to keep the CG the same.

Make sure you mount the tanks firmly to the wings. If you had one come loose in flight, game over.
Old 11-19-2021, 11:59 AM
shrek514
My Feedback: (1)

Alfa
thanks for the info. Will do