Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Usps woes...

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Usps woes...

Old 06-23-2020, 08:40 AM
Ceeray

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Usps woes...

I sent my turbine in the USA for repairs using UPS. It took 5 days. Turbine repair took 1 day. And it was sent back using USPS. Now 45 days later I am still missing my turbine, 40 days ago it was last tracked Jamaica NY leaving for destination..

how fubared is usps now due covid or should I presume the whole thing lost /stolen?
The following users liked this post:
George8310 (07-04-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 08:54 AM
Len Todd

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

One of my deliveries was delayed for 3 weeks in the USPS system. If it has to go through a post office that was decimated with the virus, it may take a while. Contact your postmaster and get him involved. That is what I did and I got the package a couple days later. These days, it is best to insure turbines for their actual value, too!
The following users liked this post:
mberme (06-23-2020)
Old 06-23-2020, 09:02 AM
Ceeray

It was sent as UPSP international priority... usps was contacted by sender but no help there, only that it will show up someday...
Old 06-23-2020, 09:19 AM
Len Todd

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

I did not catch the UPSP. I thought that was an error. But, ... I see you are in Finland. My bad. Good Luck! Could it be caught in "Customs?" I have seen my packages to my cousin in the UK get stuck in their "customs" for over a month. Ultimately it showed up back here a couple months later. Apparently, there was some argument over the VAT.
Old 06-23-2020, 09:20 AM
FenderBean

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

Probably like Canada, they put a two or three week hold on all packages coming in
Old 06-23-2020, 10:34 AM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 29 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
Probably like Canada, they put a two or three week hold on all packages coming in
Humm where did you read this?

Not aware of any hold, but of course Canada Post and CBSA doesnít have Restriction for work as well.....
Old 06-23-2020, 11:45 AM
Ceeray

Our customs would send me mail if they would like me to import it. And usps tracking number should work here too.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:04 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

When shipping International, I've found that UPS and FedEx are very expensive and more likely to have Customs issues somewhere along the way. I used to ship some stuff back and forth with it usually being about ten days each way. Downside is that you cannot buy insurance and there is no tracking for stuff after it leaves the USA.
Old 06-23-2020, 01:53 PM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

I've been waiting for nearly 7 weeks now for a small package from the USA being sent USPS. The tracking only says estimated delivery between June 18th and August 18th.... pretty big window... especially considering it's been almost 7 weeks already.
Old 06-24-2020, 12:34 PM
Zeeb
My Feedback: (41)

Originally Posted by LGM Graphix View Post
I've been waiting for nearly 7 weeks now for a small package from the USA being sent USPS. The tracking only says estimated delivery between June 18th and August 18th.... pretty big window... especially considering it's been almost 7 weeks already.
Oh man, cross your fingers. I used to sell some stuff off eBay and shipping to Canada was invariably a pain in the you know where with their Customs. Most of the time it just sits somewhere but I have had them assess an import duty on a larger pair of horse clippers i sold to a lady and I had a computer video card go bad. Had to send it to the manufacturer which was in Canada. Even though the thing was labeled as being sent for repair, it took me three weeks to get it moving again without forking over $50.00.

Since then, I do not sell stuff to anyone in Canada.
Old 06-24-2020, 02:39 PM
jcterrettaz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I can not believe this crap ...
Old 06-25-2020, 06:15 AM
LimitDwn
My Feedback: (21)

I hope it shows up, but i is most likely lost. I lost a turbine shipping with USPS to Spain once never to be seen, it made it to Spain but once in there system it went missing. I believe that once they are in customs and the inspector knows what it is it mysteriously disappears and is now lost. That just me talking out loud. The way I do it now is have the company that it is being sent to send me a return shipper using only UPS or FEDEX this way it is transported using a shipper that is very familiar with both the country where it is going and the company since it is there shipping label. I have also found out that UPS and FEDEX have there own customs agents so things might not be as shady. It cost a little bit more doing it this way but the company receiving the package has skin in the game since they are giving you the shipping label and full instructions on how to ship including how much to insure/declare the value of the shipment.

I know this does not help with the current situation but it may help the next time.

Robert
Old 06-25-2020, 12:12 PM
Ceeray

I used UPS to send it for repair just to avoid losing a turbine and I was in a hurry... It cost me same amount of money to be sent back via usps by the repair company. And I do not know if it was insured. I presumed shipping back would also be via courier but...

Any tips how to proceed? Last update for the parcel was 12th May...
Old 07-03-2020, 10:33 PM
Ceeray

..Now the parcel found its way into the Customs. Of course they didnīt notify me... And they have hard time believing its coming from service as its been away over 2 months.. go figure.
Old 07-04-2020, 08:10 AM
LGM Graphix
My Feedback: (22)

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Invoice from the repair center should prove it was just there for service.
Old 07-31-2020, 06:27 PM
CRX Turbines

Default Usps

This was one big *****$torm. The engine was sent to us for repair and we sent it back out via International Priority USPS. I was not aware that items leaving the country do so on passenger planes. Unfortunately with the diminished number of of passenger flights due to Covid when we sent this out, we were not aware of the huge backlog of packages to go out of the country. The engine finally showed up for Ceeray and things were settled. I was quite concerned but we worked through it. A lesson well learned.

I have seen things go from bad to worse with the US Mail. We exclusively send out packages now via fedex as they have their own planes.

We have also seen a lot of nonsense delays with domestic mail now so I would caution anyone to using US mail to consider other means. Even with insurance it will take you months to get a claim settled.

Andy

Originally Posted by Ceeray View Post
I sent my turbine in the USA for repairs using UPS. It took 5 days. Turbine repair took 1 day. And it was sent back using USPS. Now 45 days later I am still missing my turbine, 40 days ago it was last tracked Jamaica NY leaving for destination..

how fubared is usps now due covid or should I presume the whole thing lost /stolen?
Old 07-31-2020, 07:41 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Friend of mine bought some fuel tanks from a well known vendor that uses USPS to ship, the USPS sorting office personal contracted corona virus, shut down the whole sorting office and his box was inside that sorting office. that was 3 weeks ago and no end in sight of when it would be delivered. Vendor ended up refunding him this week. Would not be surprised if that's why you have not seen it.

Last edited by F900; 07-31-2020 at 08:09 PM.
Old 07-31-2020, 08:02 PM
CRX Turbines

This has not been fun. I am sure I speak for many here. I had a rebuilt engine we were sending to Qatar. A 190. It never made it out of the country and wound up being sent back to us but it never made it past St Paul MN. Long story short, it has been 4 months and I had to replace the engine for our client so I was out the time and money on restoring a pancaked motor and I had to furnish a replacement. The guy in Internal fairs for the post office here said to me "oh if you have only had one incident in 20 year that is not bad". unbelievable.

Andy

Originally Posted by F900 View Post
Friend of mine bought some fuel tanks from a well know vendor that uses USPS to ship, the USPS sorting office personal contracted corona virus, shut down the whole sorting office and his box was inside that sorting office. that was 3 weeks ago and no end in sight of when it would be delivered. Vendor ended up refunding him this week. Would not be surprised if that's why you have not seen it.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:16 AM
RCFlyerDan

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Funding cut

Funding cuts too.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mar...ing-2020-07-15

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 08-01-2020 at 04:54 AM.
Old 08-01-2020, 07:39 AM
FenderBean

Received 20 Likes on 12 Posts

I ship to customers internationally occasionally with USPS and its a bit risky since they only insure it till it leaves the US and once outside they really cant do much. I like using USPS since its cheaper but with the the way the Gov is abusing them and now even more so with the election coming I suspect it might be time to pick something else.
Old 08-01-2020, 02:06 PM
tp777fo
My Feedback: (28)

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Fedex overnight insured. Never had a problem.
UPS sucks and USPS sucks.
Old 08-03-2020, 07:19 AM
CRX Turbines

With all the dropout in service from Covid, we went from a perfect record with USPS to a white knuckle ride every time we send anything via US Postal. Perhaps they are trying to put themselves out of business... It would almost seem like it. We had a motor to Finland take over 3 months to get there and a new 190 lost domestically in the system. it is technically not lost, just in transit... yeah sure. We have long since replaced the engine for our customer. One time is all it takes. There is no sum of money that would make us change at this point. it is a shame because we used US Postal without incident for over 20 years.

Andy

Originally Posted by FenderBean View Post
I ship to customers internationally occasionally with USPS and its a bit risky since they only insure it till it leaves the US and once outside they really cant do much. I like using USPS since its cheaper but with the the way the Gov is abusing them and now even more so with the election coming I suspect it might be time to pick something else.
Old 08-03-2020, 09:52 AM
IFlyEm35
My Feedback: (5)

I recently opened an online hobby shop and every one of my USPS shipments the last week and a half have been delayed. I had one delay last month that was 3 weeks on a 2nd day shipment sent from CA to NC. I have now switched to UPS and FedEx.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:08 AM
Vincent
My Feedback: (61)

Not hobby related but i sent out a simple envelope with a check in it from AZ to TX. Itís been over 2 weeks and no sign of it. I have a business account with ups and they have been great during the pandemic. Turn over some of the post office business to ups or bezoís see how fast things will shape up.
Old 08-04-2020, 06:36 AM
RCFlyerDan

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Vincent View Post
Not hobby related but i sent out a simple envelope with a check in it from AZ to TX. Itís been over 2 weeks and no sign of it. I have a business account with ups and they have been great during the pandemic. Turn over some of the post office business to ups or bezoís see how fast things will shape up.
It isnít all C19 related. Funding was cut HUGE to control......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Copyright © 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.