Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Skymaster lighting kits problem

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Skymaster lighting kits problem

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2020, 10:52 AM
ViperJet1
My Feedback: (12)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Skymaster lighting kits problem

Ok....this has perplexed me to the end. I have to post because it is got me dumbfounded. Also I hope Aton reads this because he may know what is happening as well so let’s see if you guys understand what is going on....

I have a skymaster pc-21 . I had trouble figuring out the light controller because the instructions were Chinese translated English. But eventually figured it out and it was not to hard to understand.
the Pilatus has 1 strobe on each wing top and the tail. One navigation light on each wing (one red one green), and one leading edge headlamp. Also there are two nose gear lamps.
the problem lies with the red nav light. When plugging the red nav light in the headlamp on leading edge shuts off. Unplug it and the head lamp turns on.
the green on the right wing is all working fine.
now this is the odd part..... due to someone beating my ear to death at the flying field I plugged both wings into a servo lead and blew them out.
Man let me tell you I was upset. Because they have to be cut out of the wing now. They are installed in the molding process.
Anyway, I did it. Cut them out and ordered a new lighting kit for the whole plane. The new kit arrived in the mail and I started to install. Right wing fine. Left wing ...... Same Freaking Problem!???????
plug the red nav light in and the headlamp goes out.
all the wires going through the wing are separate. They plug in a splitter that you plug into the controller. I have numerous splitters and a couple controllers for other planes and no matter which one I change out the same result. And the really really strange thing is that before I blew the old lights out I was able to run an extension for the red nav light to the right wing and use the fourth prongs on the splitter to get it to work. But that defeats the purpose. Why it worked over there and not the side it’s supposed to is beyond my knowledge.
i know that LED’s need a certain voltage and they can easily be burned out. But I was as careful as you can be wiring this one and it’s got me stumped.

Anyone think the have an idea??
if you need pics I can post pics.
thanks, Gary.
Old 07-11-2020, 02:34 PM
ViperJet1
My Feedback: (12)

I figured it out with the help of a friend that had problems with the lighting kits as well.

the problem is simply this.....
there are zero resistors in the lights ,wires or anything for that matter.
no resistance on led=bad.

i got to say...I’m shocked but then again maybe not.
love the lights and the way they make the plane scale but they need to go one more step and add resistors to the leads. Other than that we are getting headaches trying to figure out the problem.
Gary.
Old 07-11-2020, 03:53 PM
6blitz
My Feedback: (29)

I also had issues with lights on the PC-21. Using hot water I removed the lenses from the wings and tail. I have UNILights now. SOOO much better.