Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

X45 User Interface

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

X45 User Interface

Old 11-02-2020, 05:12 PM
jvaliensi
My Feedback: (1)

Received 73 Likes on 60 Posts
Default X45 User Interface

Hi,
I am somewhat struggling to set up my X45. I have the little screen and It feels like it is random. I've manage to set the the radio up and just by luck found the ECU was set for kerosene.
Has anyone posted a video on how to go thru the menu? Even the motor instruction book is lacking in this area.
Thx
Old 11-02-2020, 05:27 PM
PaulD
My Feedback: (39)

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Download the manual here:

Xicoy%20X45%20User%20manual.pdf
Old 11-02-2020, 05:39 PM
FenderBean

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
Hi,
I am somewhat struggling to set up my X45. I have the little screen and It feels like it is random. I've manage to set the the radio up and just by luck found the ECU was set for kerosene.
Has anyone posted a video on how to go thru the menu? Even the motor instruction book is lacking in this area.
Thx
Think of the < > buttons as up and down when scrolling through a particular menu. The +/- change the value of the selected option.
Hitting the > button twice will give you four options, simple click the button that falls under the option you want to enter the hit the > button to scroll down through the options. Keep in mind if you are at the top of the menu hit < takes you back out and you have to start over again, if you're scrolling down the menu with the > and get to the end it will go back to top menu and you have to re-select a menu.
Old 11-02-2020, 06:02 PM
jvaliensi

I have the engine manual. As an example it tells you there is a fuel option, but never states how to change.
Kieth, I did hit the buttons enough times to find everything, but I felt like a monkey hitting a keyboard and coming up with a good song by accident.

THx
Old 11-03-2020, 06:16 AM
Rich Few

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jvaliensi View Post
I have the engine manual. As an example it tells you there is a fuel option, but never states how to change.
Kieth, I did hit the buttons enough times to find everything, but I felt like a monkey hitting a keyboard and coming up with a good song by accident.

THx
I have also had the same problem. It would help if there was more guidance in the manual.
Old 11-16-2020, 09:25 AM
jvaliensi

Tip for 1st time turbine builders. The air trap has up and down, the pump connection should be lower than the fill, in the case of the Intairco mini trap. I had mine installed upside down.
The mini trap has a built-in filter. But Intairco also recommends a filter between the pump and turbine inlet. The X45 instruction manual recommends that nothing is put between the pump and turbine. If I follow Xicoy's recommendations then I can eliminate the 2nd filter.
I accidentally got fuel all over my Xicoy interface screen and ruined it. And the airplane was finished and I had to tear it apart to clean the fuel spill up.
Old 11-16-2020, 10:09 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 52 Likes on 44 Posts

the filter between the pump and turbine is to catch any debris that comes off the pump gears...
Old 11-16-2020, 10:32 AM
jvaliensi

Page 11 of the Xicoy X45 user manual:7. Run a single piece of tubing between the pump and the engine. Do not install anything (valves, filters, flowmeters... ) between the pump and the engine.

I'm not arguing, the filter sounds like a good idea, but the book says don't do it.
Old 11-16-2020, 12:59 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 140 Likes on 128 Posts

You fuel pick is fine in the mini iTrap.....but obviously it shouldn’t be mounted on that angle upside down ....inside the UAT it’s not really a filter but a diffuser....it break down the bubble....the filter if used should always be after the Pump....
Old 11-17-2020, 06:23 AM
jvaliensi

I confirmed with the manufacturer - they recommend the filter be placed upstream of the pump - same as the manual states. Since I don't have experience either way, I will follow their instructions.
Old 11-17-2020, 06:40 AM
jcterrettaz

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts

Jet Munt : filter before the pump
Old 11-17-2020, 12:33 PM
David Gladwin

Received 109 Likes on 70 Posts

[QUOTE=Dansy;12645033the filter if used should always be after the Pump....[/QUOTE]
Really?
JetsMunt, I have a100, say no.
XiCoy, I have a X45, say no.
AMT , I have two, Olympus and Pegasus do not have a filter AFTER the the pump.
Might I suggest you follow the manufacturer.s recommendations.
In the case of the superb little X45 Gaspar says NOTHING Between the pump and engine.
He probably knows best.
Old 11-17-2020, 01:38 PM
jvaliensi

I had the nerve to write Gasper and ask him what his opinion was about the filter - he replied that the manufacturer's opinion was to follow their instructions.
That's what I'm doing.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:16 PM
T_CAT

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Since Gaspar said nothing between the pump and engine, then I’m assuming the shutoff valve is also before the pump, correct? I figured I’d make sure just in case . I know the whole shutoff valve placement is a massive debate.
Old 11-17-2020, 03:41 PM
jvaliensi

T-CAT I put the valve between the air trap and pump.
Old 11-17-2020, 04:27 PM
T_CAT

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Thanks, JV.