Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Stolen Trailer

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Stolen Trailer

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2021, 03:06 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts
Default Stolen Trailer

A fellow club member had a trailer stolen. He does not fly jets but I would hope the moderators will allow it here to get the word out. I did ask him to send some Pictures of the planes. will post when I get them.

Thanks
Joe
Following his E-mail sent to our club members

"Gerry would you be so kind as to notify our membership of a stolen trailer that was taken from my shop storage on Saturday morning at 5:37am?. It contained 3 1/3 scale planes. A PT 17 Stearman from Balsa USA full built in the bones and not covered, a Balsa USA 1/3 SCALE Cub J3 built and covered, a 1/3 SCALE Suchoi from hanger 9, and a J3 kitten. There misc electronics to include 2 transmitters a JR 12X, and a Jeti 16. Several charges, several batteries, misc tools and 2 Canopy's. The picture was taken from my Surveillance video. If anyone happens to recognize my trailer please call the Brevard County Sherrifs Office and report it. Thank you so much. Guess my flying days are now on hold. Last photo shows the actually color of the trailer"

Old 06-01-2021, 07:26 AM
DAN AVILLA
My Feedback: (12)

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to hear that. You might want to post what city and state so people can be on the look out. Dan
Old 06-01-2021, 08:17 AM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

That's terrible, hopefully the trailer and aircraft are found, but worst case I'm hoping his insurance will cover the theft.
Old 06-01-2021, 12:35 PM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 29 Likes on 20 Posts

Stolen from Merritt Is. Florida
Old 06-01-2021, 12:56 PM
Hydro Junkie

Received 130 Likes on 123 Posts

The thief probably wanted the trailer and wasn't concerned about what was inside. Had someone in my area have their trailer taken, still not been recovered.
On the good side, had one of the guys in my scale hydroplane club lose two boats out of his garage. A few months later, he was told about a boat being sold on line and, when he looked, it was his boat. He called the police and set up a meeting with the seller. He was able to prove it was his boat with a part they left behind and the guy trying to sell the boat was arrested, IIRC. I would watch Ebay and Craig's List as, again IIRC, that was how his boat was found