Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Vector thrust need some help

Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Vector thrust need some help

Old 11-25-2021, 11:54 AM
Jetpilot24
My Feedback: (21)

Received 22 Likes on 14 Posts
Default Vector thrust need some help

Hello everyone so I am thinking of putting vector thrust on my top RC Odyssey I will have plenty of engine. My outside pipe dimension is approximately 4 in inside pipe dimension is 3/34inch.
So first who would make a vector thrust nozzle that would work for this pipe. Here is a link to the vector thrust nozzle that I was thinking of getting the dimensions look to be right to me but being ignorant to the subject I'd like to hear from people who have done the vector thrust.

Second I'm concerned about the gyroscopic effects on the turbines bearings. Back when helicopters first came out as turbines you could not do 3D with helicopters because the gyroscopic effects were wiping out the bearings in the turbine I really don't want to shorten the life of my bearings in the turbine.

And third I know it needs to be tied into the gyro on a mix about how much movement would be necessary on the vector thrust nozzle.
Thanks Joe
Old 11-25-2021, 11:55 AM
Jetpilot24

S0087_manual.pdf
Old 11-25-2021, 11:55 AM
Jetpilot24

S0087_manual.pdf
Old 11-25-2021, 12:10 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 357 Likes on 274 Posts

Contact Grumania in Germany…pipe sorted
Powerfull fast servos. Servo arms long enough to give you full vector movement with no more than 45 degrees servo travel either side of centre.
Gyro depends on your preferred flavour, but generally 100% gain, the voodoo inside will control how much the gyro is moving the vector

Dave