Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

TopRC Voyager

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

TopRC Voyager

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2022, 06:47 AM
snir2001
My Feedback: (1)

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default TopRC Voyager

Hi guys,

I'm in the market for a big sport jet.
I own a 300n turbine that looking for an airframe, and seeking around, I came across the Voyager.
I can see from some vids that it's a good flying sport jet, but I want to hear some thoughts about the build quality.
I own the smaller one from TopRC, the Odyssey, and it's also a good flying jet, but damn, it's the crappiest kit I ever owned, quality wise...
Now, I know TopRC came with the V2 for the odyssey, but what about the quality of the Voyager?

I would love to get some good info from Voyager owners.
Or, a good suggestion for a 300 class airframe ...
Old 07-11-2022, 07:27 AM
highhorse
My Feedback: (2)

Received 93 Likes on 49 Posts

They are from the same company. Multiple posts here and elsewhere report a variety of quality issues at TRC, leading one to reasonably conclude that just about everything from TRC -including the Voyager- is spotty quality at best and sometimes just dangerous junk. Every single member of my club who’s bought a TRC product seems to regret it.

Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend throwing good money after bad just to see if you get lucky.

There’s a guy who posts here on occasion, loves to bash RCU members, has unique access to TRC products, runs their facebook page etc…and yet claims to NOT be part of or associated with the company. I can’t wait for him to show up again to shill for TRC while insulting the intelligence of RCU members. Popcorn please.

Last edited by highhorse; 07-11-2022 at 10:11 AM.
The following users liked this post:
snir2001 (07-11-2022)
Old 07-11-2022, 07:43 AM
snir2001

Originally Posted by highhorse
They are from the same company, while multiple posts here and elsewhere report a variety of quality issues and could lead one to reasonably conclude that just about everything from TRC -including the Voyager- is spotty quality at best and often just dangerous junk. Every single member of my club who’s bought a TRC product seems to regret it.

Therefore, I wouldn’t recommend throwing good money after bad just to see if you get lucky.

There’s a guy who posts here on occasion, loves to bash RCU members, has unique access to TRC products, runs their facebook page etc…and yet claims to NOT be part of or associated with the company. I can’t wait for him to show up again to shill for TRC while once again insulting the intelligence of RCU members. Popcorn please.
Thanks,
TRC has good prices though...
If so, that's leave me with not much to choose from in the new kits.
Maybe a good second hand Ultra Lightning or Futura...
Old 07-11-2022, 07:44 AM
Ceeray

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

I had an Odyssey which I sold. Best bang for the buck in ages.

Now I am building Galeb. Same with it. No majos issues to tackle.
Old 07-11-2022, 05:46 PM
sysiek
My Feedback: (176)

Received 90 Likes on 65 Posts

I’m considering to sale my voyager actually currently flying with behotec 300 , will have it in Kentucky if interested
Old 07-12-2022, 03:14 AM
snir2001

Originally Posted by sysiek
I’m considering to sale my voyager actually currently flying with behotec 300 , will have it in Kentucky if interested
Too far for me
How is the kit quality?
Old 07-12-2022, 06:25 AM
sysiek

So they flying very well, I have some problems with flaps hinges and one alieron got stock on the wing side, make sure that if you build one do the flap push rots internally not the recommended pay manufacturer and reinforce the area that holds the live hinge because it flex and could catch the upper wing skin, other than that it’s a very good flying sport model, I’m more interested in scale jets and this one is way too big to handle by one person when assembling on the field before and after flying
snir2001 (07-12-2022)
Old 07-12-2022, 05:32 PM
F900
My Feedback: (2)

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts

I was also interested in the Voyager but settled on a BVM Ultra Bandit Evo and no complaints.
Old 07-13-2022, 05:56 AM
sysiek

Yes but they totally different price range.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:52 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 351 Likes on 281 Posts

I was watching a guy fly one at an event that i was taking pictures.

I heard him mutter to his spotter twice "did you see that? What's this thing doing??"

Looked like it was snapping out of certain maneuvers.
Old 07-13-2022, 09:03 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts

Two weekends ago, we had a F3S Jet Aerobatics contest in Georgia. There was one pilot who flew a Voyager in the Basic class and he came in 2nd place. He flew that aircraft very well and it performed nicely.

Last edited by sewbusy; 07-13-2022 at 09:05 AM.
Old 07-13-2022, 06:08 PM
F86Skyblazer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello Snir 2001
I'm the guy Sewbusy mentioned above.
It is the best flying airplane in this kind of class I ever had had..
I build myself a stand so I can assemble the plane by myself in 10min.
So the only problem is ............
I modified the landing Gear, Brakes, Flap linkage when in flying condition no movement anymore, all servo linkage to elevator and ruder. Landing gear ecu replaced got a free one from TPC. Fueltank and clunk modified. Access to the wing bolts modified.
Changed same Aluminium Tubes to Carbon for weight saving.
As mentioned above BVM is definitly a more advanced brand. But you pay more and after flying two Ultra Bandits I very happy with the Voyager. The Take off and Landing is a dream Knife edge simple.
I'm using a Behotec JB220.with Core radio.

As you read above there are a lot of modification done but then you have a nice airplane which is definitly enjoyable to fly.
If any further question let me know.

Kind regards Frederick

Old 07-14-2022, 03:21 AM
snir2001

Originally Posted by F86Skyblazer
Hello Snir 2001
I'm the guy Sewbusy mentioned above.
It is the best flying airplane in this kind of class I ever had had..
I build myself a stand so I can assemble the plane by myself in 10min.
So the only problem is ............
I modified the landing Gear, Brakes, Flap linkage when in flying condition no movement anymore, all servo linkage to elevator and ruder. Landing gear ecu replaced got a free one from TPC. Fueltank and clunk modified. Access to the wing bolts modified.
Changed same Aluminium Tubes to Carbon for weight saving.
As mentioned above BVM is definitly a more advanced brand. But you pay more and after flying two Ultra Bandits I very happy with the Voyager. The Take off and Landing is a dream Knife edge simple.
I'm using a Behotec JB220.with Core radio.

As you read above there are a lot of modification done but then you have a nice airplane which is definitly enjoyable to fly.
If any further question let me know.

Kind regards Frederick

Thank you very much, it's a very good input.
I was looking for that kind of answer, as there are many negative comments out there...
As I mentioned, my experience with TRC was bad, with so many things wrong on one kit, it was almost useless...
I'm very capable builder, so I fixed everything with ease, but I wasn't happy with it at all.
Anyway, I end up with a nice flying model.
Now, with the big one, I will check it a bit more, I will try to see it live if I will find one.

Thanks again.
Old 07-14-2022, 11:04 PM
snir2001

So, at the end, I decided not to roll the dice with TRC...
A bit more expensive, but the Mephisto will do the job!

Last edited by snir2001; 07-15-2022 at 02:34 AM.
Dansy (07-15-2022)