Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Electron GS-200 Controller Questions >

Electron GS-200 Controller Questions

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Electron GS-200 Controller Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2023, 01:29 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts
Default Electron GS-200 Controller Questions

I am having difficulty setting up my GS-200 controller. It appears to be defaulting to single channel mode in the radio setup menu. I need it to be 2 channel mode but I cannot seem to change the mode! What am I missing?

I have other questions as well but let's start with just this one for now.

I have watched the Martin Pickering YouTube video manual for this controller numerous times but it does not provide any answers to the questions I have.
Old 03-07-2023, 02:16 PM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

If I recall correctly, the controller should sense the second channel automatically, if you have the second channel plugged into the controller and it is configured correctly in the transmitter. Is there signal output from the second channel? I would measure the PWM output on the second channel at the controller end of the wire harness to verify you have signal at the end of the harness. If no signal, are you using a Spektrum transmitter and channels 11 or 12 or 13 or 14? Depending on how you have one of these transmitters configured, two of those channels may do nothing. But, ... I have never figured out why anyone would need/want two channel input to the controller anyway. One channel has always worked well for me. I am an avid believer of KISS.
Old 03-07-2023, 05:36 PM
My Feedback: (8)

Received 17 Likes on 13 Posts

Len, I am using a Jeti DS-16 transmitter with a 12 channel Jeti receiver. I stumbled on the solution however. When assigning the control for a specific function, the screen has a message that says to move the desired control, which in this case is the right side slider. When you do that, another screen comes up with a bar graph that is divided in the middle which essentially means that to the left is negative territory and to the right is positive. The answer was to change the bar graph to not be divided this way so that brakes all the way off would be at the left end and full brakes would show the far right end.

I realize you have to be familiar with Jeti programming to understand this. The clue was in an online copy of a print manual for the controller that indicated that the problem may be that the controller wasn't seeing a valid brake input from the receiver.

Anyway, It's working as it should!!
Old 03-08-2023, 04:35 AM

Received 40 Likes on 35 Posts

When the DS24 came out, I got a couple hours of training on it. Before that training, I was considering going that route. After the training, it seemed to me that it was offering much more than I would ever need, and I would be the first one at our site to try one so there would be no one around to help me with it. I ended up going the Spektrum route. At the time, most of our jet guys were running Spektrum with a few still using Futaba. But, regardless of brand, I typically start troubleshooting at the Rxer's output by looking at the signal. If the Rxer's output signal is not right, the downstream components typically don't work as expected. If the Rxer can't figure out what the Txer is telling it to do, then I know to start back at the transmitter. With a Spektrum Txer, a lot of folks get tripped up on their channel 11-14 quirk. Thanks for taking the time to explain your issue.
Old 03-08-2023, 08:09 AM

Received 33 Likes on 19 Posts

Hey Steve,

Feel free to reach out to Greg Alderman at JAG RC ([email protected]) if you ever have any other questions about Electron gear or controllers. We're the US importer for Electron--and Greg flies Jeti too.
The following users liked this post:
Canadian Man (03-08-2023)