Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

F3S Jet Aerobatics in the USA

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

F3S Jet Aerobatics in the USA

Search this Thread

Old 04-11-2023, 10:10 AM
sewbusy

Received 59 Likes on 36 Posts
Default F3S Jet Aerobatics in the USA

This thread was started and is skewed towards those Jet pilots who are interested in flying aerobatics with your jets. This is just another area of interest in the jet world. It will obviously not appeal to everyone, as a matter of fact, only a few, will be interested in actually competing.

However, a pilot can also fly aerobatics without having to compete! Learning the ins and outs of aerobatics will not only enhance a pilot's control of his/her aircraft, but will also increase the safety level by paying more attention to small details on the jet, which sometimes gets overlooked.

In effect, F3S is similar to some degree to Pattern. The discipline is overseen by the FAI (the body with the basic aim of furthering aeronautical and astronautical activities worldwide, ratifying world and continental records and coordinating the organization of international competitions) and the rules of competition & the sequences for BASIC & F3S are developed and ratified by them. This frees up a lot of administrative duties and here in the USA, F3S is being promoted to bring together jet pilots who have that inclination, without having to deal with an "organization" having dues, a SIG or a bunch of Board of Directors. We are all doing this for the fun of it!

Our WEBSITE has all the sequences and also a listing of US events. At present, for 2023, we have two (2) events planned. One in Georgia and our Jet Nationals in TN. The FAI has just ratified the new sequences and also published Flying & Judging Guides for BASIC & F3S. These can also be found on the website. Since the FAI has only two classes, we have added three more to open up the field to a variety of jet pilots, namely: (1) F3S Silver, (2) SCALE (3) EDF). These sequences were developed here in the US for those pilots who lean in those particular directions.

Pay us a visit....ask any question(s) and if I don't know the answer, I'll certainly find out for you.
Wayne (Matthews)

The following 2 users liked this post by sewbusy:
Ron S (04-11-2023), Sparhawk (04-12-2023)
Old 04-12-2023, 01:22 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Very interesting. Wish I was in the US.
Old 04-15-2023, 09:19 PM
DUCMOZ

Received 26 Likes on 22 Posts

As an old pattern flyer, This is great. Hopefully will be well received and takes off.
Old 05-02-2023, 11:26 AM
sewbusy

We have completed both the SCALE and also the EDF Flying and Judging Guide for pilots who may be interested.
I will upload both of them here and they are also already uploaded on our website.
Wayne
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
EDF 23 F & J Guide.pdf (2.27 MB, 27 views)
File Type: pdf
SCALE F & J Guide.pdf (1.94 MB, 42 views)
Old 05-02-2023, 11:31 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Thanks Wayne!
Old 05-02-2023, 01:16 PM
Chris Smith
My Feedback: (2)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope you are successful. Sounds like a great addition to the jet world. My concern is that as in many RC circles, it will de-volve into 3D stuff.
Old 05-02-2023, 03:10 PM
sewbusy

Originally Posted by Chris Smith
I hope you are successful. Sounds like a great addition to the jet world. My concern is that as in many RC circles, it will de-volve into 3D stuff.
Hi Chris... Anything is possible.....However, the way that the structure is, it's geared to sequence (disciplined) flying. Our Nationals is held in TN...but to the East of you.....over in Mountain City. Here is a link to the 2021 Nationals....I just have not been able to finish up the report on the 2022 as yet. We will be having our 2023 event at the same full scale airport in Johnson County. Maybe you could take a drive over to see. https://www.jetaerobatics.org/2021-nats.html
Best regards,
Wayne
Old 07-27-2023, 10:44 AM
sewbusy

Only ONE more month before the 2023 Jet Aerobatics Nationals in Mountain City, Tennessee at the Johnson County Airport. We now have a good roster of competition and we should have a great time up in the cool mountains!
Up to now here's who we have registered:
F3S: 4, F3S SILVER: 7, F3S BASIC: 6,
SCALE: 8, EDF: 11.
Come on out and participate...You will enjoy it more than expected!
For more info on attending, or, F3S Jet Aerobatics, visit us online www.jetaerobatics.org