Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
AI and RC? >

AI and RC?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

AI and RC?

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2023, 12:09 AM

Received 23 Likes on 20 Posts
Default AI and RC?

How do you think AI will change our RC gear and the way we fly?
Old 04-18-2023, 06:23 AM

Received 77 Likes on 68 Posts

In my opinion NO DAMN WAY! It's bad enough that companies are making beyond-line-of-sight products with FPV and GPS routing. AMA should have pushed to shut BLOS down long before it really got started. But it failed in that. I hope it doesn't fail here.
Old 04-18-2023, 08:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

With current telemetry and sensor technology, I cant imagine Ai not touching our hobby in a big way very soon.
Old 04-18-2023, 09:24 AM

Received 19 Likes on 17 Posts

Wheres the fun of crashing and hair raising situations with AI piloting the plane and we sipping beer with both hands and watching airshow ?
Old 04-18-2023, 09:28 AM
My Feedback: (46)

Received 73 Likes on 58 Posts

Have no plans to sit and watch AI fly my plane, I’ll find another hobby at that point.
Old 04-18-2023, 11:00 AM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 86 Likes on 76 Posts

you will have have to, AI will shut us all down as security threats and send us all to re education camps.

or something much worse...

soylent green anyone?
Old 04-18-2023, 11:34 AM
acw
My Feedback: (1)

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

I'm deep in the AI field and I don't think much will change for our RC jets. Maybe someone could build an LLM to search and summarize RCUniverse. That would be cool.
The following users liked this post:
Jannica (04-18-2023)
Old 04-19-2023, 01:47 AM

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by mongo
you will have have to, AI will shut us all down as security threats and send us all to re education camps.

or something much worse...

soylent green anyone?
That was pretty funny....I checked chat-gpt and I was fascinated by it. Realize the dangers too. Anyway, this is a awesone time to live in, the posibilities are endless.
Old 04-19-2023, 01:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Perhaps using sensor inputs and providing a b_itching betty type of system that doesnt fly the plane, but provides aural cues to improve safety.
Old 04-19-2023, 09:38 PM
My Feedback: (4)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

How about a 'loyal wingman' for formation flying? AI will likely hit the drone community first then spill over into other facets of the hobby.

Old 04-20-2023, 04:09 AM

Chat GPT is already useful for r/c actvities... here is a example: :-)

please, write a note explaining to my family that I need another rc plane

Sure, I can help you with that. Here's a sample note you can use to explain to your family why you need another RC plane:

Dear Family,

I hope this note finds you well. I wanted to talk to you about my passion for RC planes. As you know, I have been flying RC planes for a while now, and I find it to be an enjoyable hobby that helps me relax and unwind after a long day.

However, lately, I have been facing some issues with my current RC plane, which has become old and worn out. I have been considering getting a new one to continue flying and enjoying this hobby, and I believe it would be a great investment for me.

I understand that purchasing a new RC plane might seem like an unnecessary expense, but I assure you that it will bring me joy and help me de-stress. Moreover, it's a relatively affordable hobby, and I'm confident that I can manage it within my budget.

I would appreciate your support in this matter and hope that we can come to an agreement that benefits us all. Thank you for taking the time to read my note, and I look forward to discussing this further with you.

Best regards,

[Your Name]

The following users liked this post:
Woketman (04-26-2023)
Old 04-20-2023, 04:17 AM

and with a less formal, more coloquial tone?

Sure! Here's an example of the note with a less formal, more colloquial tone:

Hey fam!

Hope y'all are doing well. I wanted to talk to y'all about my RC plane obsession (LOL). As you know, I've been flying planes for a while now, and it's one of the few things that helps me chill and relax.

But my old plane is starting to get real janky, and it's not as fun to fly as it used to be. So, I've been thinking of getting a new one to keep the good times rolling.

I know it might seem like a weird thing to spend money on, but it's important to me, and I promise it won't break the bank. So, could y'all help me out and support me in this?

Thanks for listening, and let's chat about it soon!

Peace out,

[Your Name]
Old 04-20-2023, 08:34 AM
My Feedback: (19)

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

I had Chatgpt tell me what would make the best rc sport jet. I will become the next RC Mogul.