Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Kingtech G142g4 - WaitConn Status on GSU

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Kingtech G142g4 - WaitConn Status on GSU

Search this Thread

Old 07-08-2023, 02:59 PM
skunkwurk
My Feedback: (18)

Received 49 Likes on 48 Posts
Default Kingtech G142g4 - WaitConn Status on GSU

Gents,

I've put about 6 flights on a new G142g4 and ran into a "waitconn" message on the GSU for the status field. The DRM and GSU power up as normal but it sits in "Waitconn" for about ten seconds then transitions to "timeout". This has occurred twice when replacing a spent battery for a fresh one. I'm using Kingtech's LiFe 9.9v 2100mAh batteries exclusively. Also, it is possible that this condition may have been triggered when shutting down the RX while the turbine is in a cooling state. This should work fine, but I can't think of anything else that may have been the trigger. In any case, any ideas on what may be causing this and/or a remedy would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 07-08-2023 at 03:10 PM. Reason: adding details.
Old 07-08-2023, 03:47 PM
paulhat

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Hey mate,

Saw this on RC Groups.
Yours is G4, but maybe plugging the battery in before turning the radio on is still relevant -

Got everything sorted with the Turbine, sent an email to Dirk who told me this is a gen 3 ECU and you have to plug the turbine battery in before you turn on the radio. You also have plug in the turbine battery when doing the learn process. The gen 3 ECU also runs the starter motor continuously until the EGT is below 100c rather than cycling like previous versions. Everything is working properly now. -To
​​​​​​​

​​​​​​​Paul.

M
Old 07-08-2023, 03:51 PM
skunkwurk

thanks!
Old 07-08-2023, 04:24 PM
Dansy
My Feedback: (53)

Received 159 Likes on 142 Posts

The G4 and G4+ have the ecu in the motor…..so the Motor battery have to be connected before you start the RX’s or I think very fast after.
Old 07-09-2023, 01:10 PM
skunkwurk

I was able to determine the issue is related to a faulty deans connector. I've replaced it and the issue has been resolved. I appreciate the help fellas.

Last edited by skunkwurk; 07-09-2023 at 03:39 PM.