Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
JetCat fuel line priming >

JetCat fuel line priming

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat fuel line priming

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 05:10 PM
My Feedback: (13)

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Default JetCat fuel line priming

I am having a problem figuring out how to prime my fuel lines. It is a P-60 with a version 6.0 ECU, I have run the turbine in the plane it is in now, but not for a while. No fuel in the lines now after the fuel valves.
The manual directs me to go to the test-function menu but I can't figure how to access it. I am using the old style GSU that is rectangular and that menu is not available anywhere I can find.
John

Old 07-15-2023, 10:16 PM

Received 744 Likes on 538 Posts

Hold select menu button. Use + (right arrow key) to scroll through menus to Test Functions.
Let go of buttons. First option should be Fuel, press and hold Change Value button and push + again to pump fuel.
If it’s all connected correctly the fuel valve automatically opens and fuel will flow.
Old 07-16-2023, 07:33 AM

Thank you Dave,
I would never have found the menu without your instructions. Missing from my earlier instructions to forward arrow the menu's while holding the select button. Turns out that is quite important to the process.
A further problem has now cropped up in that the plus button only increases the value displayed and does not operate the pump. When I try the start cycle I can hear the pump working, just no fuel past the solenoid valves.
As a plumber I would think I had stuck solenoid valves, but it bothers me I can't get the pump to run in the test cycle. I know it works or at least runs. I have disconnected the electrical connections and reconnected them as I was having troubles with the GSU not reading anything. That seemed to be corrected by some jiggling of the wires.
John
Old 07-16-2023, 12:17 PM

Received 744 Likes on 538 Posts

It’s in every manual I have ever seen back to 1998!?
Sometimes the pump needs jumping with direct 6v power
Old 07-16-2023, 04:36 PM

I blame it on my inability to comprehend and follow simple instructions. I did not read the instructions properly. It seems, I hope, to be a result of an intermittent electrical connection.
I now have the fuel lines primed.
Thank you,
John