Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

IGyro 3E installation and setup, How to do it??

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

IGyro 3E installation and setup, How to do it??

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2023, 02:24 AM
extra 300
My Feedback: (3)

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Default IGyro 3E installation and setup, How to do it??

Hello,

I would like to install a brand new IGyro 3E in my jet but, i am not sure how to proceed knowing that i do not have the Bluecom device or interface to do the proper setup on a Computer. All instructions i have read seem to miss a part of the setup. i was also unable to find a video guiding me through programming without the interfaces. Consequently,

A) Can i do the full programming without above 2 devices including setup of the gain?
B) What about the position of the Gyro in the plane? where can i install it knowing that space is very tight in this small jet. the only open space is under the cockpit.
C) Are there any restrictions if i install the Gyro directly on top of the RX with double adhesive tape?

Thanks in advance
Old 07-31-2023, 04:14 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Physically you can install it anywhere you have room as long as its square to the airframe. I'd install it directly to the airframe and not stuck to the receiver.
The following users liked this post:
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 07-31-2023, 08:56 PM
Dave Wilshere

Received 735 Likes on 531 Posts

You do not need a computer to get the 3e working/installed. It’s only for type changes and fine tuning.
Critical it’s on a level solid mount.
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 12:13 AM
extra 300

thanks for the feedback. Any clear complete instructions for the setup?
Old 08-01-2023, 03:48 AM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts
Default Google is amazing!

Originally Posted by extra 300
thanks for the feedback. Any clear complete instructions for the setup?
Google searches are amazing! I’ve set the iGyro 3E without BlueCom or laptop. Starts on page 5. If you bought NIB, it should have come with hard copy instructions.

3620_iGyro-3xtra_en.pdf
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 04:16 AM
extra 300

Originally Posted by RCFlyerDan
Google searches are amazing! I’ve set the iGyro 3E without BlueCom or laptop. Starts on page 5. If you bought NIB, it should have come with hard copy instructions.

Attachment 2273052
Thanks but these are the instructions for the IGyro Extra, are they the same for the IGyro 3E?
Old 08-01-2023, 04:34 AM
RCFlyerDan

Thanks but these are the instructions for the IGyro Extra, are they the same for the IGyro 3E?
https://www.powerbox-systems.com/upl...ro3e_en_01.pdf

Attached Files
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 08-01-2023, 09:14 AM
extra 300

RCFlyerDan,

Thank you again for taking the time to reply. If i understand correctly i can indeed install the IGyro 3E without Blucom or PC interface but can only install the Gyro in default position and use the gain on the 3 axis simultaneously.
to benefit from the other features i would imperatively need either devices...

Old 08-04-2023, 12:06 AM
extra 300

Installation of the the IGyro 3E turned out to be much easier than expected. However, i encountered a puzzling issue: while elevator (single channel for both elevators used) and Rudder are working in correctly in both directions, ailerons (2 channels used) seem to react in only one direction. if i tilt plane to the left gyro reacts correctly to the left and both ailerons are moving in the right direction, while if i tilt plane to the right, ailerons do not seem to react in either ways....
gain was linked to a dial channel and maximum gain was set to be able to identify reaction of gyro.

Is this behaviour normal? i am afraid to try it in flight case there is some sort of defect in the gyro and risk my jet. any advise would be welcomed/appreciated.

Old 08-04-2023, 03:56 AM
RCFlyerDan

Good morning Extra 300,

I’m glad that you have been able to successfully install the 3E. The morning I responded, I didn’t find PB directions. Here is their directions. Please check out #5.

3600_02_Kurzanleitung_iGyro3e_en_01.pdf

Pictures are great! On the close up picture, it doesn’t look like the Aileron B and Elevator A are fully seated.

- Trouble shooting question: In the transmitter, on aircraft setup. Do you have 2-Ailerons, 1-Elevator and 1-Rudder? I take it that the elevator is on a Y? Primarily interested if you chose 2-ailerons. That you don’t have 1-Aileron 1- Elevator, 1- Rudder

-The ailerons aren’t plugged in crisscross? Receiver to 3E is aileron A to A and not A to B? We’ve all looked at things backwards. Lots of wires going everywhere.

- I’m sure that you have tried to program several times. But maybe it needs to be accomplished one more time.

- When booting up, you aren’t moving jet prior to it finishing it’s control check.

- There is an update to perform. But I think it has more to do with remembering endpoints.

- Also another suggestion, for my students who I am helping. If it is their first gyro, I don’t program the “Attitude Hold”, because it can get you into serious trouble. Instead of -100, I set it to 0. So for the 3 position switch, it is 0-0- +100. Prior to flying, reduce your gain knob to +50% or lower. It is too sensitive at 100%.

Just trying to help troubleshoot. Dan
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 08-04-2023, 08:53 AM
extra 300

Dan,

thanks again for your help.
- My setup is 2 ailerons, 1 elevator (coupled with Y connector) and 1 rudder. After taking the photo, i noticed that plugs were not fully inserted and have pushed them in place.
- can confirm that ailerons are not connected crisscross, i am using channel 1 and 7 on my MZ18, ch1 is plugged in Ail A and ch.7 in Ail B.
- Also confirm that i am waiting for initialization of Gyro before moving the jet.
- Unfortunately, cannot perform update without the adapter...
- Fully agree with your suggestion about heading hold and will act accordingly.

Still do not understand how gyro corrects the roll movement in one direction (both ailerons react) and not in the other direction.
Will try to reset end points using the push button while booting and see if any change.
Dany
Old 08-08-2023, 06:25 AM
extra 300

Problem solved apparently, at least on the ground. Although it is a brand new IGyro 3E i did a reset, pushed the button on the gyro while powering the RX, then tested all movements and i have consistent response on all axis. Will give it a try first chance i get. hope all will go smoothly.
Old 08-08-2023, 06:32 AM
FlyJ

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts

Problem solved apparently, at least on the ground. Although it is a brand new IGyro 3E i did a reset, pushed the button on the gyro while powering the RX, then tested all movements and i have consistent response on all axis. Will give it a try first chance i get. hope all will go smoothly.
Be sure to take off with the gyro OFF for the first flight!!! Only switch the gyro on once you’re at a good safe height. If something isn’t working properly, you’ll want a bit of altitude to turn the gyro off. This is good practice for anytime you make a change to the gyro.
The following 2 users liked this post by FlyJ:
extra 300 (08-08-2023), RCFlyerDan (08-08-2023)
Old 08-08-2023, 06:50 AM
RCFlyerDan

Excellent! I was wondering how you were coming along. Keep it off, as recommended by FlyJ until at altitude.
extra 300 (08-08-2023)
Old 08-08-2023, 07:33 AM
extra 300

Will surely do as you say and make sure to test at a safe altitude... Thank you for your support and advice
RCFlyerDan (08-08-2023)
Old 08-08-2023, 02:07 PM
RCFlyerDan

Will surely do as you say and make sure to test at a safe altitude... Thank you for your support and advice
Dany,

It sounds like this is your first gyro? As another suggestion, besides altitude. For the first time. Trim the jet with gear and flaps up with the gyro OFF. Don’t turn the gyro ON above half throttle and level flight. At the preset gains, you shouldn’t have any issues of too much gain. When there is too much gain, the jet wobbles through the air. If no wobble, gradually increase your throttle and speed to full throttle. As long as there isn’t any wobbling, you’re good to go! If you get a wobble, turn gyro OFF, pull throttle back. Bring it down, and there’s a way to reduce the gain in the directions.
Best Wishes! Dan
extra 300 (08-09-2023)
Old 08-09-2023, 12:28 AM
extra 300

Dan,

In fact this is my first IGyro 3E not Gyro's in general. Thanks for the advice and thorough explanation which i will follow.
Regards,
Dany
Old 08-17-2023, 04:04 PM
RCFlyerDan

Dan,

In fact this is my first IGyro 3E not Gyro's in general. Thanks for the advice and thorough explanation which i will follow.
Regards,
Dany
Hello Dany,

I am just curious to see if you have flown your jet with the gyro? And hoping that you had great success and happy with the gyro.

Take care! Dan
extra 300 (08-17-2023)
Old 08-17-2023, 10:40 PM
extra 300

Dan,

Thanks for asking. Actually, i haven't got the chance yet. Hope to test it on Saturday Aug 26. i will surely let you know how things went through.

Cheers, Dany
Old 08-18-2023, 04:05 AM
RCFlyerDan

Dan,

Thanks for asking. Actually, i haven't got the chance yet. Hope to test it on Saturday Aug 26. i will surely let you know how things went through.

Cheers, Dany
Excellent! Best wishes! Dan
Old 10-02-2023, 01:01 AM
extra 300

Dan,

I am pleased to report that last Saturday i was finally able to test the Avanti with the Igyro 3E i extremely windy conditions i should say.... took off Gyro disabled and in flight increased gain until i reached a point where the jet behaved very stable compared to windy conditions that day. i did not want to push the tests further for the first flight in those extreme conditions. I made it back safely and was very pleased with results for a first attempt...
Thank you very much for your help and support which are much appreciated.

Regards,
Dany
Old 10-02-2023, 04:53 AM
RCFlyerDan

Dan,

I am pleased to report that last Saturday i was finally able to test the Avanti with the Igyro 3E i extremely windy conditions i should say.... took off Gyro disabled and in flight increased gain until i reached a point where the jet behaved very stable compared to windy conditions that day. i did not want to push the tests further for the first flight in those extreme conditions. I made it back safely and was very pleased with results for a first attempt...
Thank you very much for your help and support which are much appreciated.

Regards,
Dany
Good Morning Dany!

It is always great to hear feedback on help provided. I’m sure glad that everything went well for you. Especially on a windy day! If you have the opportunity to use some of the other PB products, I think that you will be just as pleased.

Happy Flying! Take care of yourself! Dan
extra 300 (10-02-2023)