Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Ziiroli Panther

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Ziiroli Panther

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2023, 01:37 PM
jerrybern

Received 33 Likes on 23 Posts
Default Ziiroli Panther

Does anyone know of a fiberglass fuselage for a Ziroli panther?I had one about 25 years ago,and want to build another one, I don't feel like doing a built up fuselage after my last two balsa builds
Thanks,
Jerry B
Old 09-29-2023, 04:01 AM
fred685
My Feedback: (67)

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There is a guy in Florida who makes one. Joe Siatta. Probably spelled his name wrong. I thinnk he goes by B17joe on RC groups.
Old 09-29-2023, 01:15 PM
jerrybern

Thanks, I will try and look him up
Old 09-29-2023, 07:28 PM
RCFlyerDan
My Feedback: (54)

Received 71 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by jerrybern
Thanks, I will try and look him up
I used to fly at SPARKS, where Joe flew. He did a lot of test flying of his creations. I was at the field for a few designs that came apart and had to go back to the drawing board. I’m not sure he is still in the hobby. He lost his hobby workshop to a fire caused when charging batteries. And he’s up there in age.

Here is a video that I found of Joe testing wings on his 163. Go to 3:50 on the time.

Last edited by RCFlyerDan; 09-30-2023 at 12:35 PM.
Old 11-29-2023, 08:02 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Fiberglass F9F Panther Fuse

I just landed on this thread by chance. I don't visit RCUniverse much anymore, maybe once every 6 months or so. I spend most my time out on RCGroups these days. That said, I bought Joe Saitta's "Smoked" F9F Panther molds after his fire. I have them but none of the internal structure patterns as they all burned up in the fire. I laminated one fuse just to take a look at it and plan to work on CAD drawings to make a new set of laser cut parts to go inside. It will eventually be a product I will offer as a kit, but I am not in a hurry to crank it out. I know there is a demand and that when I am ready, I could likely sell a dozen in no time at all. I started a list of interested builders. I could add you to that list. Leo Spychalla
Old 11-29-2023, 08:13 AM
Spychalla Aircraft
My Feedback: (34)

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Photos of the Panther Molds

Joe had a really odd airfoil on the mold that was about 1/4" thicker than the Ziroli airfoil and not recognizable. My plan is to design a new wing rib set based off a known airfoil like the NACA 2415 and taper down to a NACA 2410 at the tip or whatever is appropriate. It is a really good performing airfoil and is likely to improve the flight characteristics of this Jet. Leo Spychalla

The following users liked this post:
u2fast (12-04-2023)
Old 12-03-2023, 05:42 PM
jerrybern

Originally Posted by Spychalla Aircraft
I just landed on this thread by chance. I don't visit RCUniverse much anymore, maybe once every 6 months or so. I spend most my time out on RCGroups these days. That said, I bought Joe Saitta's "Smoked" F9F Panther molds after his fire. I have them but none of the internal structure patterns as they all burned up in the fire. I laminated one fuse just to take a look at it and plan to work on CAD drawings to make a new set of laser cut parts to go inside. It will eventually be a product I will offer as a kit, but I am not in a hurry to crank it out. I know there is a demand and that when I am ready, I could likely sell a dozen in no time at all. I started a list of interested builders. I could add you to that list. Leo Spychalla
Thanks for the update.
please add me to the list
Jerry B
Old 12-04-2023, 08:41 PM
jetflyr

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spychalla Aircraft
Please add me to the list.
Thanks
Greg