Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Is this a jetcat turbine? >

Is this a jetcat turbine?

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Is this a jetcat turbine?

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2023, 03:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Is this a jetcat turbine?

Hello, I purchased this turbine a few years ago to put in my Tamjet A4 and I am trying to get info on it because I wont be using it in my A4.. Going EDF.... Can someone give me some info on it? Thank you for your time.

Old 10-17-2023, 03:33 PM

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

It’s an old jetcat maybe a P80 or P90 with a kerosene start adapter.

You need to power it up to see exactly what it is and how many hours are on the motor using the GSU (The black box)
Old 10-17-2023, 03:35 PM

Great! Thank you and I will see if I could make that happen... Do you know of any info on setup? I will look it up and see if I could fire it up. Cheers!
Old 10-17-2023, 09:35 PM

Received 744 Likes on 538 Posts

It’s a P-70. Reduced diameter P-80 done primarily for Bob Violet so it would fit in his converted EDF models. The reduced diameter lost some power, so actually around 16/17lb thrust when first released.
Old 10-17-2023, 10:41 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
It’s a P-70. Reduced diameter P-80 done primarily for Bob Violet so it would fit in his converted EDF models. The reduced diameter lost some power, so actually around 16/17lb thrust when first released.
Cool! Thank you Dave! One question.. I wanted to test the engine on a test stand and seen some guys have a really nice set up to do so, What would you recommend besides clamping to a bench? lol Thank you for the help!
Old 10-18-2023, 12:31 PM

Received 744 Likes on 538 Posts

Turbines are not fussy, you can bolt it to a wooden pallet, almost no vibration, the force is all shear through the mounting screws.
if you use a work mate type tool bench allow for the turning moment, so have the front against a wall or back weighted down.
The following users liked this post:
shredder777 (10-18-2023)
Old 10-18-2023, 12:34 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
Turbines are not fussy, you can bolt it to a wooden pallet, almost no vibration, the force is all shear through the mounting screws.
if you use a work mate type tool bench allow for the turning moment, so have the front against a wall or back weighted down.
Rad! Thank you sir! I will do that... I will get 3/4 plywood for all the accessories to mount it to. I will make it happen.. Appreciate the help!