Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Best High Speed Precision Jet >

Best High Speed Precision Jet

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Best High Speed Precision Jet

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2023, 01:25 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Best High Speed Precision Jet

Hey guys I'm making this thread to try to collect some consensus on which high end composite jet is the best on the market specifically for high speed precision flight. Im looking for a turbine jet at around 110 inch length/90 inch wingspan. Something like the CARF Bolt/ EA Picaro/ EA Rogue/ BVM Ultra Bandit/ BVM Desperado (Only the best of the best). There may be more that I dont know about so feel free to give me your thoughts.

Some of my top requirements:

A mostly/fully carbon composite construction with a fuselage that breaks in half for transportation. Should be able to handle a lot of Gs, like diving snap roll type of flying.

No bad tendancies, for example: like pulling towards the belly in a knife edge or requiring opposite aileron. Or pitching moments when adding throttle.

Should have a top speed of 220-240 mph with a 250N engine. Also be able to slow down to a crawl during slow flight. Stall characteristics should be very noticable/forgiving (lots of indication before the stall occurs).

The quality needs to be top notch no flaking of paint from the hinge lines. Preferably fully integrated hinge mechanism ( the kind that is like on a full scale not just the composite material being bend back and forth till it breaks one day.

Its really hard to decide since most people dont own all these jets but I may be able to gauge a direction based on all of your inputs.
Old 12-19-2023, 01:27 PM

Received 739 Likes on 533 Posts

CARF Bolt, search You Tube there is plenty of footage.

Dave
The following users liked this post:
Canadian Man (12-19-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 01:31 PM

Originally Posted by Dave Wilshere
CARF Bolt, search You Tube there is plenty of footage.

Dave
One of many, this on grass

Old 12-19-2023, 02:01 PM

If you look at the EA Picaro Pilots it looks like they go way crazier with their flying. I'm not sure if this is just difference in the pilots flying style or if the difference in airframe?

I cant share the links of the picaro pilots because I don't have enough posts yet but there are definitely more picaro videos than Bolt and my question is why does the Picaro get so much more attention? Although my data set is small so I cant tell.

Last edited by Preauz; 12-19-2023 at 02:07 PM.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:30 PM

Bolt pilots don’t need the attention 😉

You said smooth accurate fast jet,..Bolt wins every time.

In Europe the EA stuff is not seen much.
Old 12-19-2023, 02:50 PM

lol, thank you for your input Dave. My guess is that the Picaro, Rogue and Bolt all probably fly very similarly but the Bolt has slightly better build quality due to the fully carbon lay up and live hinging. If I’m wrong hopefully someone can correct me. I’m leaning towards the bolt for those very reasons but I do love the way the Picaro looks.
Old 12-19-2023, 06:24 PM
My Feedback: (15)

Received 85 Likes on 75 Posts

i like the super scorpion mk2 meself, but then, i am a bit biased...

dunno about the top speed part, as that is not a part of my flight requirements/
Old 12-19-2023, 11:29 PM

Received 54 Likes on 42 Posts

BVM classic Ultra Bandit is very good as well..

David
Canadian Man (12-20-2023)
Old 12-19-2023, 11:48 PM

Hey David,

I believe you own a Carf Bolt right? What do you think of it according to the criteria I wrote up on the first message of the thread.
Old 12-20-2023, 05:35 AM
My Feedback: (11)

Received 369 Likes on 297 Posts

EA jets are extremely well built and they perform as advertised.
LA jetguy (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 07:44 AM
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Absolutely nothing currently on market will beat he BOLT in terms of engineering, build quality, strength, and flight capability, precision, and being able to take incredible Gs. The jet really blew me away. It also is fully bypassed, with full gear doors. It’s super fast yet will land stable and slow. At mid to high speed it is razor sharp precision .
Old 12-20-2023, 10:22 AM

It would be nice if I could hear the thoughts of someone who has owned both the CARF Bolt and the EA Picaro/Rogue. The bolt definitely has better build quality and is better engineered from a transportation/assembly perspective but from the YouTube videos I've seen the EA planes are a bit more aerobatic. Could just be the pilot too?
Old 12-20-2023, 10:38 AM
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Preauz
If you look at the EA Picaro Pilots it looks like they go way crazier with their flying. I'm not sure if this is just difference in the pilots flying style or if the difference in airframe?

I cant share the links of the picaro pilots because I don't have enough posts yet but there are definitely more picaro videos than Bolt and my question is why does the Picaro get so much more attention? Although my data set is small so I cant tell.

here's the 2nd, maybe 3rd flight I had on mine. No super precise aerobatics ... but see how hard and tight it pulls loops ( I have pushed it harder since ) and also you can see how it tracks with precision ...

I think for a long time the Bolt was not popular because there was little video of it, and many though its just a go-fast-straight plane ... it also slows down incredibly well. I love EA planes, but in this Category , the Bold is no match ... I have a BDX and love that plane just as much , but it is for a whole different kind of flying ...

Old 12-20-2023, 12:45 PM
My Feedback: (32)

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

They’re all great airplanes. It’s personal preference. I really love my Picaro. I had an Ultra Bandit Evo. Loved that, but I like the Picaro better. I never flew a Bolt or a classic Ultra Bandit. Good luck.

LA jetguy (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 10:20 PM

Hey David,

I believe you own a Carf Bolt right? What do you think of it according to the criteria I wrote up on the first message of the thread.
The Bolt flew very well and I was happy with it …. The canopy front nose was an issue for me (kept rolling on ground). After flying Picaro and Rogue.. I preferred them to the Bolt. Just a personal preference and nothing against Bolt..

Now I have an EA Rayzr and a BVM classic Ultra Bandit (with ER50) coming .. will post my opinion on them in a few months

David
Preauz (12-20-2023)
Old 12-20-2023, 11:15 PM

What specific thing do you like more about the picaro/rogue in comparison to the Bolt?
Old 12-21-2023, 02:41 AM

canopy support for hard runways
Old 12-21-2023, 10:25 PM

What specific thing do you like more about the picaro/rogue in comparison to the Bolt?
All three are great Jets.. I believe Picaro is closest to Bolt both are 210-250 class jet …. Rogue is a 300 class jet.. Picaro is a bit more affordable compare to Bolt…. The canopy / nose section of the bolt was something I did not appreciate.. Dave W has a solution for this issue .. as stated above .

David