Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

JetCat 400 Pro

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

JetCat 400 Pro

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2024, 05:38 AM
David Gladwin

Received 145 Likes on 93 Posts
Default JetCat 400 Pro

New use for the big JetCat, found on a shot down

Ukrainian drone !
Apparently the Russkis are very impressed with build quality , wonder who could be making those !…….and no, not giving away
any military info, there’s quite a bit of coverage already in the public domain, including the engine cost, 10, 000 euros.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 02-07-2024 at 05:42 AM.
Old 02-08-2024, 09:43 AM
patf
My Feedback: (4)

Received 54 Likes on 46 Posts

more on the story
https://www.twz.com/air/new-ukrainia...ears-in-russia
The following users liked this post:
Skunkwrks (02-08-2024)
Old 02-08-2024, 10:35 AM
BDK74
My Feedback: (5)

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

It's not the hobbyist that keeps these companies in business that's for sure.

Take a look at the government price for a DA engine.
Old 02-09-2024, 04:14 AM
David Gladwin

Here it is. Model type construction, wood, cf and gf. Looks like CF spars and JR type cables .

Old 02-09-2024, 11:19 AM
Halcyon66

Received 51 Likes on 40 Posts

Airframe is a UKRJET UJ-23 TOPAZ. www.ukrjet.ua

Regards,

Last edited by Halcyon66; 02-09-2024 at 11:22 AM.
Old 02-09-2024, 11:49 AM
David Gladwin

The UJ 23 and 25 are quite different to the drone shown here.
Old 02-09-2024, 12:18 PM
Halcyon66

Wrong once again.

Regards,
Skunkwrks (02-10-2024)
Old 02-10-2024, 01:28 AM
David Gladwin

Yes, Halcyon you are wrong again
The drone from which the JetCat was recovered is a single fin, black delta. Its manufacturer is still unknown, perhaps not the same as the Topaz. No one seems to know.
The Topaz variants have swept forward stub wings and V tail, totally different configuration to the delta , they are NOT the same.

Last edited by David Gladwin; 02-10-2024 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-10-2024, 05:39 AM
rcmigpilot
My Feedback: (26)

Received 12 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by David Gladwin
Yes, Halcyon you are wrong again
The drone from which the JetCat was recovered is a single fin, black delta. Its manufacturer is still unknown, perhaps not the same as the Topaz. No one seems to know.
The Topaz variants have swept forward stub wings and V tail, totally different configuration to the delta , they are NOT the same.

Definitely constructed from the same materials and using the same methods as our jets. That picture could have been from a crash at any of our events.
Old 02-10-2024, 12:05 PM
Halcyon66

https://www.airaffairs.com.au/products/phoenix-jet-uav/

Once again David your in-depth knowledge of an industry you know little about is inspiring.

Regards,

Last edited by Halcyon66; 02-10-2024 at 12:32 PM.
Old 02-11-2024, 10:38 AM
jofunk

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Does anyone know, are kamikaze drone turbines throttleable or do they live their short lives at full throttle. I wonder if the "duds" or the parts that survive will start showing up in the R/C market.
Old 02-14-2024, 06:26 AM
Nige321

Originally Posted by Halcyon66
https://www.airaffairs.com.au/products/phoenix-jet-uav/

Once again David your in-depth knowledge of an industry you know little about is inspiring.

Regards,
The black UAV in David's picture isn't a Phoenix, it's totally different...

It also isn't a UJ 23 or 25...

Last edited by Nige321; 02-14-2024 at 06:29 AM.
Old 02-15-2024, 12:37 PM
David Gladwin

Exactly Nige, anyone who cant tell the difference needs to go to Specsavers !
Now, the Czech company, PBS, produces a range of drone engines the smallest which is their TJ40 which is broadly similar to the JetCat 400 pro, 88 pounds of thrust.and similar physical size.
PBS suggests that this engine is suitable for larger model aircraft as well as drone /target use.
Does anyone know of such application ?
I am trying to get more technical detail, eg fuel burn and price !
Take look, PBS.CZ

Last edited by David Gladwin; 02-15-2024 at 12:40 PM.
Old 02-15-2024, 01:51 PM
Halcyon66

David once again you obviously have nothing to do. PBS started making a copy of the original Microturbo TRS 18 (BD-5 jet) which is now the PBS TJ100 many years ago and have been used in many civilian applications. Full size glider SLS (self launch system) and Sonex jet are some examples.

They then branched into smaller size turbines that are far to cost prohibitive from modelers.

They had an issue some years ago as one of their turbines was used in a missile attach in Saudi Arabica and since then have very careful in regard to correct end user documentation.

One of my UAS companies have been a client for years with the PBS TS100.

Don't you have anything better to do than potentially implicate a company you know nothing about, again, in a thread about supplying turbines in an ongoing conflict? Such pointless comments on an open forum can have significant legal, ethical, and reputational implications for the company involved.

Go away.
Old 02-15-2024, 11:07 PM
David Gladwin

Yes, i have known about PBS for some years, I. believe they were at Farnborough some years ago, they are a significant aerospace company. Small engines just part of their product range.
They are quite clear in their website that they do NOT supply engines to Iran for the jet powered Shahed drone, despite one crashed drone having such an engine, possibly obtained before the conflict.
The full range of their engines, and applications, is described on their website, all in the public domain, and yes the Sonex is frequently described in. Sport Aviation, the EAA magazine.
You. obviously don't understand that nothing , but nothing, I,ve said, or would say on this subject, particularly in time of conflict, could possibly be improper.in any shape or form.
Now do tell. us your name and what UAV. companies with which you are associated and why you can’t tell the differences between these drones ! Now THAT is bizarre !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 02-16-2024 at 12:01 AM.
Old 02-16-2024, 12:18 AM
Halcyon66

Wow you go from asking about PBS in one post to being a certified dealer in the next.

Good to see your finally using the internet for information rather than the never-ending pointless posts.

I think it was some time ago I stated that you are desperate to stay relevant, looks like nothing has changed.

Have fun in your UAS knowledge quest.
Skunkwrks (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 01:14 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

David Gladwin not sure what's the value add of this thread for our community? You used to contribute a lot in this community, what's the point of this thread now?

Not relevant to RC Jets and certainly not educational for the RC Jet community.

I would strongly recommend that you remove this thread now or ask the moderators to remove it.

Kind regards,
Tassos
Skunkwrks (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 10:26 AM
David Gladwin

Tassos, you are, like this clown Halcyon, talking utter nonsense.
The post I made simply showed how a JetcCat is now being used, nothing more.
I stumbled on the picture on Prune, seemed relevant.
There is masses on the internet about it, eg PPrune etc., etc.,
The PBS info is all on their website.
Do catch up with whats going on in the world !

Last edited by David Gladwin; 02-16-2024 at 10:40 AM.
blackcat (02-16-2024)
Old 02-16-2024, 11:13 AM
Nige321

Originally Posted by Halcyon66
David once again you obviously have nothing to do. PBS started making a copy of the original Microturbo TRS 18 (BD-5 jet) which is now the PBS TJ100 many years ago and have been used in many civilian applications. Full size glider SLS (self launch system) and Sonex jet are some examples.

They then branched into smaller size turbines that are far to cost prohibitive from modelers.

They had an issue some years ago as one of their turbines was used in a missile attach in Saudi Arabica and since then have very careful in regard to correct end user documentation.

One of my UAS companies have been a client for years with the PBS TS100.

Don't you have anything better to do than potentially implicate a company you know nothing about, again, in a thread about supplying turbines in an ongoing conflict? Such pointless comments on an open forum can have significant legal, ethical, and reputational implications for the company involved.

Go away.
He hasn't done anything of the sort.
Trying to look clever yelling OPSEC at everyone while the same information is widely in the public domain isn't a good look...

David Gladwin not sure what's the value add of this thread for our community? You used to contribute a lot in this community, what's the point of this thread now?
Not relevant to RC Jets and certainly not educational for the RC Jet community.
I would strongly recommend that you remove this thread now or ask the moderators to remove it.
Kind regards,
Tassos
Why? It's an interesting thread...

Some of these posts speak more about the poster than they ever will about anything Dave's posted...
It's a sad state of affiars when the keyboard warriors take over.

I really don't understand the need to be quite so unpleasant...

Last edited by Nige321; 02-16-2024 at 11:38 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by Nige321:
blackcat (02-16-2024), grbaker (02-16-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 02:19 AM
David Gladwin

Thanks guys, it was posted just as a matter of interest to those of using gas turbines in models, particularly those of us who use JetCats. No more no less.
I simply cannot imagine why trying to determine more about the PBS small engine, eg burn and cost could suggest I was to become a certified dealer , utterly bizarre and a situation which exists only in Hal.’s mind.
The drone situation in Ukraine is widely discussed at an intelligent level on Prune, 470 pages of the aviation situation 3.8 million views. ( see PPrune. org, military aviation, war in UK section 2) .
…… and let me make it absolutely clear I now have zero knowledge of anything of use to the Ruskis, drone or otherwise,.. Years ago, as a V bomber pilot I did, standing QRA with two live weapons in the bomb bay, ( we were assigned to SACEUR) being trained on LML on Yellow Sun, the British weapon, and having access to targeting information for which I had a very high security clearance.Thats all in the past but I did my bit.
I know how to keep my mouth shut, we did not even discuss targets etc.,with other crews on the squadron.
Halcyon and Tassos will never know why I recently spent a week at the British Embassy in Moscow. I might actually know a helluva lot more than these guys realise.
I will leave it at that, now home from my ski holiday with my grandsons, I have model jets to prepare for the new season !
blackcat (02-18-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 03:27 AM
tassos p

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

David,

Better go back to ski with your grandkids indeed. Time’s flying so a kind advice to you, spend it with your grandkids.

No wonder why all the reputable pilots have lost interests in this forum, and so do I. I may have expected such posts from new members but never expected this from you David.

I thought you could do much better but don’t expect to be respected after this post when you don’t respect companies like Jetcat that employ the most brilliant minds in the industry with genuine interest for the hobby and incredible investments in their new plant that will bring more technology to the jet community.

A friendly suggestion to you, take this post down asap.

Regards,

Tassos

Old 02-17-2024, 03:46 AM
David Gladwin

What on earth are you talking about, more utter nonsense !
I have made absolutely no criticism whatsoever of JetCat, just the opposite, I have the highest regard fir the company led so well by Marcus. I bought one of the very first, a p80 when first released almost 25 years ago, have operated them continuously ever since, and still own 5 , hardly a condemnation. so why do you make up such drivel ?
I don’t need your advice, I wont be taking down the post and I’ m not going away.
I suggest you keep your advice to yourself, its not needed here.
Now tell me you real name, I have always used mine and stand by what I write, regardless of criticism from some who hide their true identity.
blackcat (02-18-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 03:47 AM
Nige321

Originally Posted by tassos p
David,

Better go back to ski with your grandkids indeed. Time’s flying so a kind advice to you, spend it with your grandkids.

No wonder why all the reputable pilots have lost interests in this forum, and so do I. I may have expected such posts from new members but never expected this from you David.

I thought you could do much better but don’t expect to be respected after this post when you don’t respect companies like Jetcat that employ the most brilliant minds in the industry with genuine interest for the hobby and incredible investments in their new plant that will bring more technology to the jet community.

A friendly suggestion to you, take this post down asap.

Regards,

Tassos
A friendly suggestion to you, ask Twitter/X to take down the hundreds of posts with the same pictures attached...

blackcat (02-18-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 06:04 AM
BarracudaHockey
My Feedback: (11)

Received 352 Likes on 282 Posts

Ok folks, time to move along before I start putting folks in time out.
Springbok Flyer (02-17-2024)
Old 02-17-2024, 11:27 AM
Halcyon66

Firstly, one needs a visa to go to Russia, so why don't you post an image of it. Russia is not giving then out much at the moment.

Secondly who in their right mind would post on an open forum that they supposedly went on a "super-secret decoder ring mission" to the UK embassy in Moscow?

This gets funnier by the minute, I am out.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.