Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

I need an Airfoil for a F-106 anybody ???

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

I need an Airfoil for a F-106 anybody ???

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2003, 09:33 PM
stinky

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I need an Airfoil for a F-106 anybody ???

Hi I am going to build a older F-106 kit 1979 design by Bob Cambell for RC Kits MFG. While the kit could be build the way it was shipped in the box, these are purly older fastion style building ways. I want to just go and have a foam wing cut out on a CNC machine and save the time in the building. I could just cut one myself but its really just as cheap to have one cut. I don't know the proper airfoil for this type model. I would think the F-86 is very close? I want to keep it fast but still have stability. Ok this might help. Its a 52 inch span 7 to 8 lbs model. I remember seeing these kits fly back in the 80's on Midwest fans with K&B 7.5 on 4 1/2 inch fans. They were tought to get aloft but the did fly. I will be using a Viojet so theres plenty of power. Any help would be great.
steve
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]