Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

King Cat question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

King Cat question

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2004, 10:12 PM
n.carrozza
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Cat question

I am building a BVM King Cat, I am using a duralite power box with 2 1900 duralite rec batteries and a 3600 duralite ecu battery. Can someone tell me if mounting all 3 batteries in the forward battery box will be ok for CG. I would like to know before cutting out the top of the box to fit all 3 batteries, I will have to cut far forward of the tick marks Bob refers to in the instructions.

I would appreciate any inputs from you King Cat Fliers.

Nick
Old 02-05-2004, 10:25 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

Default RE: King Cat question

I have (2) 4000 mah Duralites installed in mine. THe Duralite batteries already have redundancy built into the pack. You will notch the battery box further ahead of the tick marks that are on the top piece. I took another piece of light ply and built a new top piece that sits about 1/4" above the existing battery box on some standoffs, my batteries in turn slide into the notch cut in the original top and are held in place by the "new top" this allows for easy removal so I can swap out the batteries and keep on flying. BTW I get about 6 flights on the reciever and ECU batteries then change out.
Old 02-06-2004, 03:54 PM
n.carrozza
My Feedback: (3)

Thanks David

Did you put all 3 batteries in the box, and, was the air tank still able to fit on top.

Also, after 6 flights, are the ecu or the rec batteries low. The reason I am asking is the fact that I am only using two 1900 on the rec.

Nick
Old 02-06-2004, 05:40 PM
DavidR

Nick the reciever is fine, BUT I am also using just 2 4000 mah packs. not 3 packs. SO my setup is different than yours. I think I moved the top tank (brakes if I remeber correctly) to the area between the main fuel tanks, I have a chunk of foam rubber there with my start gas tank, and the air tank wedged into it. My flight timer is set on 12 minutes with a P-160 on it and depending on how much I am into the throttle I am in to the hopper or just about into it by the time I land, I get into the pattern as soon as I hear the timer.
Old 02-07-2004, 03:18 PM
Boating Bob
My Feedback: (4)

David. What ECU battery are you using 4 cell or 6 cell. Also what transmitter battery are you using, and how many flights does it last. Thanks
Old 02-07-2004, 05:06 PM
DavidR

4 cell 4000 mah Duralites on both reciever and ECU 6 flights as I mentioned in the first post.