Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

King Cat Flap Question

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

King Cat Flap Question

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2004, 01:03 PM
n.carrozza
My Feedback: (3)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default King Cat Flap Question

Help Guys:

Help Guys:

I am trying to set up my flap system on the BVM King Cat and am running into problems. When I get the two end points correct the take-off position is off, when I change the take-off position on the match-box it also changes the inhibit postion (flying position). I am using hitec digital servo, Jr 955 receiver and Jr Matchboxs. Please help, Its nice in the North.

Nick
Old 05-01-2004, 01:09 PM
pilott28
My Feedback: (27)

Default RE: King Cat Flap Question

Make sure the position of the control arms on the servo splines are matched exactly when the flaps are full up. If the servo arm positions are off, or the length of the connecting rods are different, you will have difficulty matching the throws.
Old 05-01-2004, 01:15 PM
DavidR
My Feedback: (1)

FWIW if set up your flaps for full up and full down. Follow the directions for the Crow landing setup on the BVM website and ditch the takeoff flaps position. You don't need takeoff flaps on the Kingcat. What I did was put the original, no crow position at the takeoff position on my flaps system switch, and the crow setup on my landing position. Feel free to PM me if you don't follow what I am saying.
Old 05-01-2004, 02:05 PM
Ehab
My Feedback: (44)

If you are using Hitec digis, there is no need for the matchbox. Just make sure the two flap servos are matched identically mechanically first and reverse one of them of course( you need the programmer). Follow BV directions and you should be set.
Old 05-01-2004, 03:07 PM
n.carrozza
My Feedback: (3)

I have already reversed he servo with the programer, the only reason for the matchbox is there cheaper by two. I thought they would be easier to match up than the hytec system. I used the matchbox on the rudders because of having three servos on one output. This was my first experience with the matchboxs.

Nick
Old 05-01-2004, 04:29 PM
grbaker
My Feedback: (29)

Received 26 Likes on 19 Posts

Using the Hitec programmer, it was a breeze to set up my stabilator servos on my F-18. I reversed one of them and then matched the throws.
Old 05-01-2004, 04:59 PM
mick15

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

buy an evo 12 and all your problems go away

M
Old 05-01-2004, 08:58 PM
wojtek
My Feedback: (73)

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

how is that evo 12 ? i was going to jum to a 10x from my 9z, but the Evo is now tempting me ... however i have heard that in europe some of the radios have been haing electronic problems ......

12 ch, a frequency scanner, and awesome programing at the price it sells for sure is tempting !!

Wojtek
Old 05-01-2004, 09:38 PM
Boating Bob
My Feedback: (4)

I had the very same problem. One wing was good and the other was off as you described. The way i solved it was to take both wings off and flip them over, which kept the flaps in the up position. Make sure the problem wing arm is in the same position as the good wing. I then measured the distance from the clevis pin to the flap line, and adjusted the other to match which brought it right on.