Go Back  RCU Forums > RC Airplanes > RC Jets
Reload this Page >

Opinions on the MAS Renegade

Community
Search
Notices
RC Jets Discuss RC jets in this forum plus rc turbines and ducted fan power systems

Opinions on the MAS Renegade

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2002, 08:31 AM
Omurru

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on the MAS Renegade

Looking at getting into jets and am thinking I will be getting one of these in the not too far off future.

Just a couple of questions....

Will be using the OS 91, what sort of fan unit should I use, looking for speed and power, am thinking either ramtec or dynamax which is best?

What are the best gear to use with this plane? And are brakes really necessary, most of the time the plane will be flown from grass fields....???

How hard is the kit to build? I think I will be building the unsheeted version cheaper, but it isn't too hard to sheet the wings, I have sheeted foam cores before and also done a number of built up wings....

Thanks for the help
Kyle
Old 07-02-2002, 09:34 AM
garrett_mcdonal

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Opinions on the MAS Renegade

Hi Kyle,

I am just about done getting a Renegade ready for painting. I'd highly recommend one. As far as jets go, it's a great building kit and will work just fine with either a Ramtec or Dynamax.

As for brakes, not 100% essential but I'd put some on if you can possibly afford them. They make short-field take-offs and landings worlds easier. Also very handy if you have to abort a take-off run.

As for kit options, I'd definitely go with the deluxe kit. There is a whole lot more to the level of prefabrication than just the pre-sheeting. The wings and tail-feathers are pre-joined with the carbon-capped spar system installed. Blocks are let into the cores for the hinges to bed into as well as for the control horns. The list goes on. Trust me, it may cost more but it is well and truly worth the effort in terms of the time it will save you and you'll be airborne much, much sooner.

In terms of the gear, SpringAir are a drop-in fit into the pre-cut main-gear flex plates although other brands either would fit or could fit. I'm going with 3/16 wire mains and a MAS strut on the nose. This combo works well on the Renegade.

Regards,
Garrett